Pre-season Schedule and games

Comments

• Think there's going to be a lot to enjoy this season, even if we have a few :sofa: games.
  • edited July 2019
    4-3 Hammers. Cracking move leads to Diangana slotting home.
  • :goal:

3-4

Diangana with a nicely taken goal. Would have been easy for him to panic there.
  • Game plan for the new season:

Attack!

Attack!

Attack! Attack! Attack!
  • Watching Roberto, let’s hope Fab is ok
  • :goal:

3-5

What looked like a training ground free kick gone wrong ends with :antonio: slotting home.
  • Antonio makes it 5.

FT 3-5 (Fornals, Lanzini, Haller, Diangana, Antonio)
  • An insanely entertaining preseason game sees us run out 3-5 winners.
  • Look good going forward.
    Look ropey as at the back but thats because we play such a high line. If we play like that vs City we will get ripped to shreds.
  • Roberto is no better than Adrian from what I've seen. Which is fine so long as Fab stays fit.

Sanchez, despite getting an assist, is just not good enough, IMO. Misplaced passes, poor control, committing cheap fouls.

Masuaku looked so much more comfortable than Cresswell did, so I'm pretty sure he's a starter against City.

Going to be a very interesting season, I reckon. Has any team scored and conceded 100 goals in a season before? :hmm:
  • But Adrian is/was a half decent keeper so if Roberto is equal to that then that will do for me on the odd occasion he will play.
  • Lanzini is stepping up
  • If you go onto the bbc website right now you would struggle to find any evidence at all that this game has even taken place. Not even on the West Ham section. Yet you will get wall to wall of Man Utd playing some Aussie school kids and countless articles about them and other big sides. It is despicable and I have lodged a complaint to that effect
  • Hamstew said:

Lanzini is stepping up

I have to say I was worried about whether Lanzini could get back to his best but he’s looking sharp this preseason.
  • OCS

I think Man City scored and conceded 100 goals, although it was quite a few years ago though.
  • Struggling to remember a more entertaining preseason game in the last few years - well done, chaps.
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would mark Hertha’s third goal at least partly down to keeper error - pushing the ball straight back into the danger area rather than away.

From what I have seen so far, I wouldn’t be comfortable having either of our back up keepers play in the cup competitions for us, whereas I was perfectly happy with Adrian doing so.

Just my opinion.
  • I haven't seen enough of Dave Martin to know one way or the other but what I have seen of Roberto, he looks a liability. I hope I am wrong.
  • edited August 2019
    Fredericks back for the Betway Cup final

Fab out, which is a worry.

Cresswell playing, which is a worry.
  • Looks like this will be the team for next week, though obviously (hopefully) Fab in goal.
  • Surely Masuaku needs to get in ahead of Cresswell?

The letter will be ripped to shreds by Sterling or Sane.
  • If that is the team for Man City, I’d wager that it won’t be goalless!
  • Hoping it's a fitness thing Lukerz. Cresswell starting against City would be behind-the-sofa stuff
  • no Noble anywhere
  • I think we need to go more attacking :lol: take off rice and bring on Antonio
  • 0-1 Athletic
  • Shambolic defending again. There's definitely been a pattern so far this summer..
This discussion has been closed.