Other games this weekend (3-6th May) and midweek European games

Comments

• You know what, I am very happy to have two Prem League teams make it through.

Two great semi finals and both Liverpool and Spurs never gave up. Something to applaud.
  • I just have to get through tomorrow without killing anyone.
  • Them I’ll see about Friday.
  • Oh well. Win on Sunday and we could finish 9th! Hurrah!
  • I'm genuinely torn. On a purely personal level I would actually want Spurs to win I think; I have two friends, the fist-raising pair at work and two of my five-a-side group that support Liverpool. If they win, I'll hear about it constantly. I don't actually know any Spurs fans.

But do I really want Spurs to win their first European trophy? At least Liverpool have already won it before (five times, apparently). But then the fawning by the media and Klopp's smug face gurning at me on every media platform would be unbearable.

How has it come to this :weep:
  • You don't know any Spurs fans? You should buy a lottery ticket
  • I'm almost the opposite OCS. Know tons of Spurs but very few Liverpool. Your second paragraph sums it up perfectly. God help us.
  • Terrific performance from Tottenham-unfortunately.
  • It’s a loose loose situation and I am going to just pretend it’s not happening.
  • I’d prefer it to be cancelled due to lack of interest from the West Ham family on here simples
  • edited May 2019

It’s a loose loose situation and I am going to just pretend it’s not happening.

There'll be no avoiding it Suze. You could hide yourself amongst one of the lost tribes of the Amazon and there'd still be village elder in a Liverpool shirt.
  • edited May 2019
    “Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!”Me when that 3rd goal went in.
    Woke the dog up.
  • If only City would have beaten Spurs it would have all been ok. We could have had them lifting the Premier league title this weekend and then beating Liverpool in the Champions league final and all would have been well.

If Kane makes a recovery to play and wins it with a penalty given because someone brushed against his sock in the area it will be more than I can take, I understand peoples conundrum but I am afraid there is little to decide for me as I definitely want Liverpool to win that one.
  • Ok so trying to be positive the following is still on the cards

Man City win the league but after all the money spent still won’t be happy as they covet the CL

Liverpool win the CL but they really want the PL so their years of “hurt” go on

Tottenham after much huffing and puffing still win nothing (and lose to us plus 12 others in the league)

Arsenal crave a top 4 finish but won’t

Chelsea crave spending lots of money on new players this summer but won’t

Man Utd - where to start with them?

• I still can't believe both Barcelona and Ajax did n't just did n't sit deep and counter attack at 3-0 up being so open played into Liverpools and Spurs hands good teams adapt to the match situation going all Kevin Keegan attack attack attack did them no favours. Imagine if Pellegrini did that at home to Spurs he would have to leave the country !
  • Imagine us being 3 up against Spurs.... :wahoo:
  • I pray Liverpool can do it. I'd feel physically sick seeing the likes of Alli and Dier lifting that trophy
  • IronHerb said:

Imagine us being 3 up against Spurs.... :wahoo:

Remember when Rav danced through and put us 3-0 at WHL happy days :goal:

• edited May 2019
    I had my morning coffee with the porters, a collection of Hammers, Gooners & Addicks. All sheltering from the Spuds, who are roaming campus like a gang of western movie gun slingers.

#hell #killmenow #notenoughcoffee
  • Was there a football match last night?
  • Luckily I'm working from home today, don't think I could stand being in the office. My boss is a Liverpool supporter and I work next to a Spurs fan.
  • Oh good lord :hug:
  • My Spurs supporting friend/colleague didn't say anything about it, I asked, and he said that he only half watched it, but was pleased

#notallspuds
  • Does that mean he turned the TV off at half time and then said "I knew we'd do it"? ;)
  • alderz said:

My Spurs supporting friend/colleague didn't say anything about it, I asked, and he said that he only half watched it, but was pleased

#notallspuds

:nonono:
  • One of my oldest friends put some clips of her husband and two 20+ sons watching the game (they are Spurs fans and despite what I usually say about Spurs fans these 3 I like very much) on Facebook last night.

It was a microcosm of what its like to love the game and love a club. Heartbreak, excitement, hope then a total emotional breakdown.... :lol:

• England could become the first country to potentially have 4 of its teams in both the Europa league and Champions league final. It has never been done before.
  • I mean its a good advert the Prem if nothing else.
  • England could become the first country to potentially have 4 of its teams in both the Europa league and Champions league final. It has never been done before.

UEFA are not going to like that. Last time we had 'not a European power house' winning the European Cup they changed the rules and the format!