Other games this weekend (3-6th May) and midweek European games

Comments

• UEFA are not going to like that. Last time we had 'not a European power house' winning the European Cup they changed the rules and the format!

Red Star Belgrade?
  • Pearce: that's why I dislike both sets of fans more than any others. The teams I have a lot of time for, but the internet 'supporters'.... ugh
  • This picture has made up my mind.

Come on Liverpool

• Just made a deal with the Devil .......Spurs will not win the champions league in fact they wont win anything in my lifetime seeing as i am 60 then i think we have a good 40 years :biggrin: in return he gets my soul kind of a high price but well worth it me thinks ........Still trying to work out how to stop Liverpool winning it :hmm:
  • Perhaps they have a punch up in the tunnel and the game gets called off
  • A Spurs fan came into my office this morning and said he was really pleased. I soon dampened his mood by pointing out that unless they actually win it, yesterday was futile and that runners’ up quickly get forgotten - then adding that they have not a cat in hell’s chance v Liverpool. Oddly enough he hasn’t mentioned last night since that conversation.
  • I'm glad they both got through and I'm really looking forward to the final. Will be a great game.
  • The photo of Kane and Ali, now they standing next to each other, right...
    So either Kane has a massive head, or Ali has a child size head :hmm:
  • I'm glad they both got through and I'm really looking forward to the final. Will be a great game.

• The photo of Kane and Ali, now they standing next to each other, right...
    So either Kane has a massive head, or Ali has a child size head :hmm:

He has a child-size temperament, I know that much.
  • For me, the path of least anguish here on in is for Man City to beat Brighton (obvs) and for Liverpool to beat Spurs. What I haven’t yet decided is whether I want the latter to be via a straightforward shellacking, or courtesy of wrongly awarded 95th minute winner when only 3 minutes added time should have been played.
  • I predict the final will finish 4-4 after 90 mins with 8 var penalty decisions goals , Salah , Alli and Kane will spend a combined 2 hours on the floor claiming penalties and Klopp will get so excited on the touchline he will combuste in a ball of flames taking Poch with him. The game will have 15 mins injury time before going to extra time and penalties and will finish 47-46 to Liverpool after the worlds longest shootout with the game finishing at 4 in the morning.
  • PLF, if Carlsberg did CL finals :biggrin:
  • Get the strictly judges in the studio do two shows at once
  • I actually didnt get to see the game. I was hosting a clinic and saw the score in the 94th minute after someone had turned a TV on. I didnt know til hours later that Moura had scored a third :lol:

Welcome to the Liverpool side to all those who were supporting Ajax and would not in a million years want Spurs to win :biggrin:
  • Controversial opinion: id rather spurs won the champions league than Chelsea win anything
  • I think
  • I’m not sure
  • Not controversial for me. :ok:
  • 2 balls on the pitch. Ref lets play continue :doh:
  • I’m not sure I can do this for a third night in a row.

But if I don’t watch I’ll miss something amazing... :puzzled:
  • 2 goals already.

We missed the Arsenal goal as we were switching streams. :lol:
  • alderz said:

Controversial opinion: id rather spurs won the champions league than Chelsea win anything

I think I agree with you.

Probably.
  • Not for me alderz. I don't particularly like Chelsea, but they're nowhere near Spurs and Liverpool in my league of hate.
  • I think Spurs fans are annoying and Chelsea fans are horrible. So think I agree with Alderz.

Though, I don’t know who I want to win between Spurs and Liverpool.
  • edited May 2019
    It is strange, watching the Ajax game over here, there were far more Spurs fans around me than Dutch, the premier league has greater coverage in the US so it is not that surprising.

What was a little weird was that my reaction when they scored that last kick of the game goal clearly gave my allegiance away and my colleagues simply could not understand why I was not supporting the English team.

I would go so far as to say they were astonished - no matter how popular the game is over here, they still have no idea.

They do not get it

At all............
  • Anyone else predict the players who would miss their penalty as they stepped up to take it?
  • My mum is a Chelsea fan and never really felt any major dislike for them. Not my favourite team but doesn't really bother me if they win stuff.
  • Chelsea arsenal and the spuds all in a final GREAT, not in my household
  • Let's just have Liverpool and Arsenal win and be done with it