The Arnie situation - one thread to rule them all...

Comments

• Pelle prefers playing two up top, anyway.
  • Let's show intent.
  • I don’t really want to loan him back either but if it’s a means to get him now then I’ll go with it.
  • Loan them Perez
  • Give them Perez.
  • Pay them to take Perez.
  • Swap him for Pez
    Screenshot_20190125-204814
  • Loved Pez. Might have to get some Pez this weekend.
  • edited January 2019
    ;hmm
    I have bit of trust in him. “ Annie”. And him as well arnie lol

But also that of the board “” it’s a business “”
    And would fogged him if it’s suitable
  • edited January 2019
    And 19 pages
    Cods

;tea
  • Arnie out, Gomez In. The only thing is, with Hernandez, Gomez, Sanchez, Perez, Balbuena, Zabaleta and Lanzini in the squad, will Trump want to build a wall round us. Dangerous people, bigly.

Will it be called 'Adrians wall ;hmm ;yercoat
  • On a more serious note, with AC's contract up this summer, plenty of wages will be saved (and thats without Pez and Hernandez potentially going too) which will help with the shiny new Gomez acquisition ;biggrin

#fingers X'd
  • IronHerb said:

Let's show intent.

• edited January 2019
    I think (at least sometimes) that the native language used in negotiations also plays a part.
    Common language, common culture (US apart, Baz, Chicago, no offence but you know what I mean, I hope) is still relevant.

Vamos hierros
    ;scarf
  • I think if this is all genuine & not a late attempt to save face with the club before the club accepts a bid for him & he can then claim he was willing to stay but it was not his decision, then it is brilliant news for us to retain a top class striker for another 5 months. If he does go in the summer, then so be it. However it would allow us the best time to secure a new forward without rushing, with the flip side that the interest in Arnie may well have ended by the summer & also the possibility of a pay rise/new contract to keep him happy here. If it is purely down to the wages offered as to why the offer turned his head, then he will be equally as interested in a significant pay rise here, considering he is probably our most influential player.
  • edited January 2019
    From BBC comments about Arnie staying:

22. Posted by the_man_who_doesnt_understand_sarcasm

"he should have taked the money from china!!!
    wet spam are a nuffin teem goin noweer tbh :s :S :S :S
    he could have been millyonair with money they paye him :O :O
    now he haffa bang in many goal in premer leage :S :S :S
    or wet spam thinked about money china again =D

even spuddenhotpud have more history then wet spam

#wetspam

And the funniest response I've seen in a very long time

25. Posted by chucknorris

"@22 did you actually write that message or did a cat walk over your keyboard?"

;lol ;lol
  • Arnie will be gone in the summer.
  • Problem is there is now the possibility of it not happening.

An ACL injury would put any move in the summer off...
  • In which case we need to sell everyone if we are going to worry about that.
  • I get where lukerz coming from though he’s a saleable asset waiting to go it seems a injury would leave us with no striker and no cash to replace
  • IronHerb said:

In which case we need to sell everyone if we are going to worry about that.

Lol you know my point.

He either goes now or he goes in a hypothetical scenario where we get to the summer & circumstances haven’t changed.
  • We are buying Gomez to replace him even though I'd like to keep them both.
  • Arnie's not going anywhere for two reasons.

Reason 1: no one will meet the £50m price tag we've put on him.

Reason 2: no one is going to offer him anything close to the money he was offered by the Chinese club.
  • Jason Steinberg in The Guardian:-

Pellegrini had not been convinced by Arnautovic’s efforts in training this week and is understood to have given the club’s board the green light to sell the striker if their valuation was met.

West Ham are open to letting Arnautovic leave in the summer and remain in talks with Celta over Gómez, whose contract contains a £43.5m release clause.

The Spanish club, however, are battling relegation from La Liga and want to keep the 22-year-old. Intriguingly, one possibility could be a deal being done in this window before loaning him back until the end of the season.
  • C and h reporting Arnie got secret new deal but the page won’t open so it must be really secret other than the fact he is reporting on the internet of course ;lol
  • It looks like C&H is the only one who thinks that.

Other ITKs who’ve been pretty accurate so far aren’t reporting anything like that.
  • Cuz1 said:

I get where lukerz coming from though he’s a saleable asset waiting to go it seems a injury would leave us with no striker and no cash to replace

I dont think we have an issue with 'cash'. its more about level of FFP. I think Pelle will get some high earners off the wage bill in the summer (definitely AC) and next season it'll be more of his team/squad, not just his way of playing
  • I think (at least sometimes) that the native language used in negotiations also plays a part.
    Common language, common culture (US apart, Baz, Chicago, no offence but you know what I mean, I hope) is still relevant.

Vamos hierros
    ;scarf

Why would I be offended? I live in USA but I am definitely London born n bred. So I am happy to be offended by London stuff ;thumbsup
  • edited January 2019
    Baz, I know where you're from ;ok
    I was referring more to the version of English that they speak over there. ;wink
  • ahh ;thumbsup