The Arnie situation - one thread to rule them all...

Comments

• Grey, the issue for me is how he's handled it. I have no issue with him wanting to leave; you're right to say he isn't the first and he certainly won't be the last.

I have no issues with his reasons for wanting to leave, either, be it for trophies in China or simply for the money being offered.

What I do have an issue with his how his desire to leave is made so public. It serves no function other than to unsettle the club. What's wrong with speaking to chairmen and handing in a transfer request behind closed doors? That's what I'd expect a professional in any industry to do.

His agent is in his employ, so Arnautovic is culpable in creating this situation as much as his brother, and that is why I am critical of him.
  • edited January 2019
    I agree with everything everyone is saying I am feeling very ;fence
  • My understanding was that there was some toys coming out of the pram to force a move from Stoke.

He, via his brother, is doing so now.

Brother contacts Chinese club.
    Club put in a bid.
    We say no, that’s not enough money.
    MP tells him he can’t go now, but perhaps in the summer.
    Arnie had a strop (on Thursday by all accounts)
    Arnie is dropped.

There is a lot of information, speculation and ITKs talking.

I believe some of it.

Happy to be proved wrong.
  • The thing that bugs me about all of these situations is that despite the player making it very clear he wants to leave, the player very rarely seems to put in an official transfer request because then he'd lose all sorts of bonuses etc. AFAIK all of this transfer speculation is coming from Arnie (maybe via his brother, but that amounts to the same thing imo), so I feel the club shouldn't entertain any approach at all unless he submits a transfer request.
  • He's doing to us what he did to Stoke.

You date a cheater don't be surprised when he cheats.

He signed a 4 year contract at Stoke in 2013, signed another 4 year contract in 2016 but then signed with us in 2017.

How is that the same?

He signed a 4 year contract at Stoke in 2013, signed another 4 year contract in 2016 but then signed with us in 2017.

How is that the same?
    Well, he basically forced a move to us 1 year into a 4 year contract.

How is that the same?
    I answered this before you asked it.

Please see above.
  • I don't understand the sell on clause. How many times do Stoke get the payment. Do we have any players with sell on clauses, and why is it in place
  • epsom

I'd guess that normally it is a way of dealing with different valuations of a player.

Let's say Stoke wanted £30m up front, and we didn't want to pay that, so we offer a sell-on clause to sweeten the deal.
  • I'm not going to bed...
  • edited January 2019
    Right, speculation time ;wahoo :

a) He's going to China

b) He's signed a new deal

c) He has a new Labradoodle puppy called Sparky

Get your bets in (not you, Arnie) ;wahoo
  • Or, he's seen the error of his ways, renounced the material world, shaved his head and joined a Buddhist monastery in China (just in case) ;biggrin
  • He is having a sex change and will be joining the West Ham Ladies...
  • Not in the squad tomorrow according to Ex
  • He's off hence the news around Gomez imo.
  • IronHerb said:

He's off hence the news around Gomez imo.

Let's hope so ;ok
  • Arnie out, Gomez In. The only thing is, with Hernandez, Gomez, Sanchez, Perez, Balbuena, Zabaleta and Lanzini in the squad, will Trump want to build a wall round us. Dangerous people, bigly.
  • edited January 2019
    At least they'll be able to understand each other.
    The rest of the team are going to need Spanish lessons. ;wink
  • Will support him if he stays but hopefully he's going.
  • Lets get this Arnie thing over and done with ,its getting old ,Then we can get back to doing what we do best ,Talking about our injures .......... ;biggrin
  • Good player, but I definitely want him gone now. He obviously doesn`t want to be here, we seem to have a really good team spirit at the minute, Arnie can do nothing but disrupt that. If I were Noble I`d get a load of those waving Chinese cats and hide them in his locker. ;wave
  • edited January 2019

Oooooooh....

IMG_20190125_151458

Was this even necessary ...... & I mean this message from Arnie's social media rather than OCS relaying it !!
  • Being a member of the "twittersphere self promotion and glorification club" I think you`ll find it`s mandatory......................
  • edited January 2019
    BadgeonFront

Tweet was after Payet by the way but will always ring true.
  • Arnie who? He went two weeks ago.
  • Maybe ................. he'll be back

oh, wrong Arnie

;whistle
  • Sky sports
    Screenshot_20190125-173539_Samsung Internet
  • Arnie out, Gomez In. The only thing is, with Hernandez, Gomez, Sanchez, Perez, Balbuena, Zabaleta and Lanzini in the squad, will Trump want to build a wall round us. Dangerous people, bigly.

The club shop will have to order some more z,s for shirt printing as well
  • If they’ve got plenty of ‘N’s they can turn them 90 degrees.