The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• A large one, I hope.

• In my experience, G&T exclusively comes in large...
  • It does.

I have a pint glass for such emergencies.
  • So sir_ian is having to drink his beer out of a short glass? :nonono:
  • My daughter gets married in Cyprus via Thomas cook suffice to say we have had to fork out again she had the wedding package through them I fly out sat but I booked with jet2 we’ve rebooked at over inflated prices because what can you do there’s 30 odd others of us going, wonder what refund I will get
  • On the plus side spurs are out
  • There is a rumour that Boris' entire government booked TC flights for the duration of the Proroguement, but wouldn't pay them. That's what sent TC bust... :wave:
  • edited September 2019
    MrsGrey said
    "When I got to the airport for the return flight, it turns out they'd overbooked and I was turfed off. I found myself in Dalaman airport with no money, a travel rep who denied any responsibility because I hadn't booked a package, and no flight home."

MrsGrey, now come on, you can't leave us like that wondering what happened next - next instalment please. :biggrin:
  • My guess is Mrs Grey refused to make a 'transfer' ;) :footie:
  • At least for a week anyway...
  • My guess is she emailed IBL, but he replied he’d got more problems at Watford :lol:
  • Arrogant much...

• Well, under the fifa rules, they can't stop releasing players to the national team.
  • How crazy is it to think Savio Nsereko is now 30 and probably coming towards the end of his career?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savio_Nsereko
  • The Ginger Pele to be club ambassador....
  • At least, the offer has been made. He's thinking about what he wants to do, apparently.
  • How crazy is it to think Savio Nsereko is now 30 and probably coming towards the end of his career?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savio_Nsereko

wowing after reading the page in a gobsmacked type of way :wahoo:
  • John Lewis wins Christmas... No more of those nasty purple one.... :bowdown:

• I havent had any quality street in over 10 years (does the purple one have a nut in it? If so, I like those!).Christmas is the one time I truly miss London (all the traditions, memories, TV etc :weep: ). I just havent been able to afford to go back in a long time
  • I reckon you would be in the minority re the purple one. It's lush.
  • Ok I'm wrong then on the colour...

What colour was the Turkish Delight one?

Actually now of think of it maybe it wasn't quality Street... :hmm:
  • Purple is a ?Brazil nut with a sort of caramelly surround, isn't it? (And chocolate.)
    I think the Turkish Delight is pink?

I basically hate all the yellow ones.
  • My golf buddy gives me all the strawberry and orange creams that no-one in his family will eat - they are my favourites, especially before breakfast with a cup of tea
  • The Purple One is chocolate filled with hazelnut and caramel although it used to be brazil nut.

Pink is fudge. Don't think there ever was a Turkish Delight. Roses?
  • Thanks MrsGey,, ok I hate the pink ones... :thumbsup:
  • Now Im craving some 1000's of miles away :doh:
  • Baz I feel your pain...

Xmas is the time of year when I miss the UK the most... All special foods and sweat treats..

My Supermarket just started a M&S section, I'am enjoying heavenly Choc Digestives.. Hope they bring some special Xmas goodie..

Brandy Snaps with Double Whipped Devon Cream.. O my word..
  • I’m drinking my gin fiz in Cyprus 30 degrees and craving a purple one or two

• Xmas is the time of year when I miss the UK the most... All special foods and sweat treats..

Vorse

There are a few online sites (eg, British Corner Shops') that can supply treats from home. They are quite over-priced, but if you are craving a food package for a special occasion they can be a treat.

We used to use them at Christmas when we first moved out here, and at other times for various things you couldn't get out here (Marmite, for example). Not so much lately, but it might be worth you having a look, if you aren't aware of them.
This discussion has been closed.