The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• Outcast

My wife’s family are staunch Sunderland fans so we have a connection to the club and I have been to the Stadium of Light a couple of times to watch them, the last time over the cheeky whatsits thought it would be a jolly good wheeze to get my picture into the welcome page of the match day program - resulted in much knashing of teeth..

Hence the program is a must see in our house and we have spotted her cousin and his daughter in the crowd a couple of times now.

I remember talking to her cousin when Chris Coleman was appointed and how upbeat everyone was, he really seemed to be quite a catch given the position they were in, they also got some promising players in but were unlucky with injuries and burdened with players who did not give a fig.

Is it a good watch for the neutral????...., It is certainly dramatic given that this was the season where they expected to be gunning to get back into the premiership and they had to adapt as realization dawned that the dream was certainly not coming to pass.

It was a really rough ride and you have to feel for them.

I have often thought that West Ham and Sunderland are very similar in a number of ways, working class roots, some proud traditions, fond memories of cup drama, have bounced between the top divisions and always seem to be on the cusp of success and abject failure in the face of fierce local rivalry.

Whilst we can be thankful and take comfort in being currently so better off than they are, we cannot afford to be complacent as I cannot help but feel that the fate that befell Sunderland, was never that far away from any of us.
  • edited January 2019
    As an aside, it is an interesting docudrama for the American audience, there is no concept of promotion and relegation over here, every year the same teams are in the same leagues and whilst there is certainly strong local support, Sunderland Til I Die adequately shows the historical local fabric of the club and its supporters, is not unknown for whole teams to simply uproot and plant themselves in another city for financial advantage.

It is literally impossible for me to imagine a premier league club upping sticks and moving to another city, there was enough of a how’s your father over our move to the OS which was what, a couple of miles as the crow flies.
  • It’s the end of the world as we know it....

615991BC-6C72-4D4C-B33A-F1E809F99415
  • I very much dislike the whole concept of half and half scarves.

• I'm 50/50 myself...
  • I used to be apathetic, but now I just don't care.
  • I'd give my right arm to be ambivalent...
  • Grey, you speak with forked limb ;biggrin
  • I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...
  • ASLEF, I think you've missed something ;wink
  • I used to be indecisive but now I’m not so sure
  • I found myself agreeing with Neil Warnock the other day " that Spurs should be made to play the rest of the season at Wembley " so no teams get an advantage by the change of stadium. I have had several showers and scrubbed myself clean thoroughly but still feel a bit dirty. ;lol
  • I'd give my right arm to be ambivalent...

On the other hand...
  • ...four fingers and a thumb.
  • Crazy how close the 2 grounds are in Dundee..

30D17228-C790-4A64-8962-7B3DE04A3FD6
  • I see Man City are doing a West Ham against Burton
  • Our record has been trashed ;weep
  • Only the first leg. Burton are still in this
  • I think city thort they could play the two legs together
  • Tbh, they could play the second leg with one leg tied behind their backs.
  • That would make it the first leg though. ;biggrin
  • I see Amazon boss Jeff Bezos’ wife is leaving him.

With a neighbour, presumably.
  • I see Amazon boss Jeff Bezos’ wife is leaving him.

With a neighbour, presumably.

I'm not surprised. They guy is way past his prime
  • How do you become worth $137 billion? ;nonono
  • Its a shame they couldn't re-kindle that love
  • In other news...

Apparently Julie Andrews will no longer be endorsing Rimmel Vibrant Shades lipstick, as she claims it breaks too easily and makes her breath smell.

In a statement she said, "The super colour fragile lipstick gives me halitosis!"
  • I've started a New Year, New Me resolution for this year.

On the first Monday of every month, I open up a bottle of Liebfraumilch and put on my New Order cd.

I call it Blue Nun Day.
  • You're taking the Riesling. ;whistle
This discussion has been closed.