The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Currently doing same whilst watching The Eagle Has Landed, will admit to missing most due to intermittent napping.
  • The cat liked my idea so much, he hogged my sofa/lap.

Get disgruntled looks each time I have the very nerve to move: cat equivalent of a heavy sigh.
  • #rollseyes
  • Essex police searching for the west ham season ticket holder jack morrad have said that they have found a mans body in gloucester park,basildon today and although the body has not yet been identified they have suspended the search.
    My prayers and thoughts go out to the family.
  • Anyone else watching the Super Sixes on Sky? Some old West Ham boys on show. David James, Joe Cole and Paul Konchesky for England, Jack Collison for Wales and Michael Hughes for Northern Ireland that I've seen so far.
  • edited January 2019
    Saw the game last night where England tonked Wales. Gabbidon was playing.
  • edited January 2019
    Yeah, Gabbidon's on now against Rest of the World.

Currently 7-2 down...
  • Have England played today
  • Beat NI 5-2. Heskey with a double, obvs.
  • edited January 2019
    It goes against everything I believe in to feel sorry for Colin, but I do have a hint of sympathy for him if this is true:

https://independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/neil-warnock-liverpool-fc-transfers-disgrace-nathaniel-clyne-a8713516.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Interesting point about the Solanke deal, too. I mean, Liverpool have not broken any rules, but it does sound like it's a bit of a stitch up.
  • Oh dear, how sad, never mind. All the best Colin.
  • And now for something completely different:
    Does anyone know why Diangana only has "Diang" on his shirt? ;hmm
  • They only had 1 n and 1 a left in the printing shop
  • He had to pay for it himself
  • So, bottom line is, you don't know. ;biggrin
  • Is this like a 'knock knock' joke?
  • MrsGrey, no, it's a serious question, honestly. ;biggrin
  • ;ok

I wondered if it was linked to Congolese naming customs and affixes, but couldn't find anything online.
  • Maybe he prefers Diang.
  • did anyone see Noble interviewed by James Corden, rates Perez as the bet natural finisher in training, needs to do it on the pitch
  • Has anyone else seen a result in the French Cup today, in that Marseille lost to a fourth division team 2-0. Now who plays for them? ;lol
  • Premier League rules state that a player must have his surname on his back, or another name by which he is known. I would infer that Diangana is known as 'Diang' by his mates.
  • edited January 2019
    I'm all for Schadenfreude, but I think in this area West Ham live in a glass house with some really good stone-throwing opportunities!

Has anyone else seen a result in the French Cup today, in that Marseille lost to a fourth division team 2-0. Now who plays for them? ;lol

• Meanwhile in the United Arab Emirates India beat Thailand 4-1 to record their first win in the Asian Cup Finals since 1964.

India's most capped player Sunil Chhetri (105) scored two taking his tally of international goals to 67, more than Lionel Messi. Only Ronaldo has scored more.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46731183

Nice article from Clyde Best regarding Bobby Moore and his own time at the club.
  • Not sure if anyone is watching “Sunderland till I die” it is a bit like watching a train wreck in slow motion but for sure the situation they found themselves in with Jack Rodwell is an indication of what may be wrong in football,

Now to be clear, Sunderland only have themselves to blame as he was signed to a 5 year deal without a wage reduction clause in his contract but at the end of the day, after relegation he does not appear to have been injured but was not chosen to play by either manager in charge during the season. He only played twice all season yet he held onto his £75,000 a week salary when it was clear the team was really struggling, he was offerred a get out during the January window but choose to sit out his contract sitting on the bench.

The program clearly showed the frustration held both by supporters, who know very little, and management, who know a whole lot more.

I understand that Rodwell is now at Blackburn, I doubt he will get a warm reception should Sunderland get back into the Championship and he has to run out at the Stadium of Light, my money is on him getting a mysterious back twinge the day before.

• Is Jack Rodwell the English Savio?

Is it a good watch chicago? I've seen it on Netflix but these football docs seem a bit boring (though can see how this has more to it than the Man City one)
  • edited January 2019
    chicago

I remember the same scenario with Tal Ben Haim at Portsmouth.

I went to watch Portsmouth play about 5-6 years ago now. Back then it was potentially their last ever game as a club as they were at serious risk of folding over. Cracking atmosphere and every time Ben Haim touched the ball, I feared a little for his safety!
  • Outcast

I watched it and it was really interesting. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
This discussion has been closed.