Burnley at home - 10th March - Match Thread

Comments

• Absolutely nothing that the board has done justifies what went on inside the stadium.
    ;ok
    Absolutely 100% agree Suze. That was a disgrace and what an insult to the memory of Bobby Moore!
    Noble should get a medal for decking that lout but I worry for him ;pray

Those shenanigans cost us that game be in no doubt. The players were shaken up and the 2nd and 3rd goal were the result. In the end no one was interested in the game.

I'm pleased to say that the vast majority of the crowd were against these actions and booing the idiots that have shown us up.
  • ;clap to Burnley for doing that, but the fact they had to is extremely embarrassing to the club.
  • Thanks for the dismissive 'whatever you say' Jorderz.

I thought this forum was a place for opinions to be discussed, not dismissed

Sorry OCS, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. Today is the worst I've ever felt about West Ham, but that's no reason to be rude to you. Apologies.
  • waiting for a statement from our beloved club
  • C3CF392E-A2D3-4495-9C8E-76F36B96340A

Nobody especially kids should witness this at a sporting event end of
  • I’ve never been this upset after a game.

Right now, I could just walk away.
  • ;pray please don't do that Suz this site would be a lot poorer if you left us
  • edited March 2018
    Stewards on pitch seem non
    Existent...
    The tradgedies of lives who ran on the pitch should be never seem at a football game again...
    Like Suzanne said, ashamed tonight.....
    We on this result & action off then on pitch will do well to survive relegation IMO , or like Thorn said a while ago we will need to rely on 2 other teams to do worse...
    Also Moyes, IMO pls just get us thru this season surviving and then it's time for him to leave IMO
  • biggest stadium in the Champo with a 30 and over squad

Wrong button (made me laugh) hit in error.
    Meant to hit Quote and say so at least you’d be happy .
  • Without Gold and Sullivan our club would have gone into administration!
    They told us what they had been told by the LLDC. It was in good faith when designs were shared with the fans because that was what was in the contract they signed with the LLDC.
    The company contracted to supply and fit retractable seating went bust and a cheaper solution was purchased as they were getting too close to the time frame.
    The board can't be held responsible for something out of their control.
  • ;beer ;stout or ;tea
    May be a ;redwine anyone
    Be strong join together
  • I feel now is the best time for me to take my leave of this forum. I have really enjoyed my time so I would like to thank everyone who has allowed me to post but my views are now becoming so different to the majority on here that it would be pointless to try to rationale why people ran on the pitch today or protested. I feel very bitter about what is going on at the moment at West Ham and do have some understanding why it has now come to what we saw today. It's about opinions and mine at times is a polar opposite to some and I am at odds with the people who can't see any wrong with what the board are doing defend them it just winds me up so I go for the best interests of my health. I hope to keep a watching brief from a distance if I am permitted. ;ok
  • MrsGrey said:

Up until the so called fans got on the players backs, the performance was fine.

Nope. Performance was poor until then.
    Nope performance was ok till then.
  • Adam said:

I didn’t want Hart playing today. I didn’t think Adrian had been consistently bad, over many games. The question is, can Moyes drop Hart after one game?

You make it out like he's only played badly once for us.

I've said it from the moment we signed Hart that he was by far our worst keeper. People disagreed with me and even laughed at me when I said Randolph is leagues above him. My point still stands. You know with Hart playing youll be at a 1-0 disadvantage from the off as he is bound to make at least one error per game.
  • Fortune irrespective of whatever views anybody has on what's been happening at the club nobody in their right mind with any semblance of grey cells can justify what those cretins did today.
    I appreciate you may well agree entirely with their views but surely you can't agree with what they did. They've done more damage to the club today than anything you imagine the board has done.
  • Fortune

People are free to come and go as they choose. ;ok
  • Adam said:

I didn’t want Hart playing today. I didn’t think Adrian had been consistently bad, over many games. The question is, can Moyes drop Hart after one game?

You make it out like he's only played badly once for us.
    Did I? My point was, has anyone ever dropped a goalkeeper after just one game, having just regained his place?
  • steve said:

;pray please don't do that Suz this site would be a lot poorer if you left us

I’m not leaving here, but I’m seriously considering not going back there.
  • Well, Suze. If we play behind closed doors, we won’t be able to go back there!
  • edited March 2018
    I'm just watching the Six Nations. Since David Moyes visited the England training camp, England have been just as abject as us.
  • ;pray but the club needs you as well Suz otherwise those thugs win ,owners come and go as well but WEST HAM will survive this
  • None of those who disgraced us today were women.

The choice not to go should be mine.
  • Those morons who invaded the pitch should receive lifetime bans and should be sued for every penny of the fibe we will be hit by. And if we get docked points or have to play behind closed doors (both of which I deriously doubt unless it happens repeatedly) then they should be fined for every penny of our loss of earnings.

That kind of behaviour has no place whatsoever inside a football ground.

I have invaded a pitch once or twice (in ice hockey) but that was after the gates were opened and to celebrate a title at the end of the season. But what happened today is not acceptable!
  • Preston

Actually, he didn't go in the end, but Pearce did.

Can I say well done to Ireland, while we're at it?

;scarvire
  • Club Statement

West Ham United have immediately launched a full and thorough investigation into the incidents which marred the second half of today's match and are committed to taking decisive and appropriate action.

An emergency meeting has been called with all London Stadium stakeholders. There will be no further comment at this time.

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/march/10-march/west-ham-united-statement
  • Grey

In that case I blame Pearce. ;lol

Congratulations to Ireland, they have been the best team this year and judging by England's last two performances, they will win the Grand Slam this year
  • I think the people who ran on the pitch were a disgrace and will only further tarnish the club I hope they get life time bans . The stewards were no where to be seen when the first bloke run on it took 30/40 seconds before one got on to the pitch. I booed the people who ran on , for the first time this season I don't feel like going anymore as much as because the behaviour of some of our fans as the performance of the team I have nt felt this down after a game in years . We will crucified by the media tomorrow .
  • Right with you there Pearces ;hug
  • Considering what happened in the stadium imagine if the march had gone ahead...
  • And you just know that those cretins will be in the pubs celebrating their "great achievement" and how clever they are. I'd love it if they come up against genuine fans who'd to them exactly why they're not wanted at the club
This discussion has been closed.