The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• Palace have some key men out
  • edited March 2018
    Beeb musings on who will get relegated here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43202293

Capture

I'd be surprised if that were the actual table/points. It looks like the computer has assumed everyone will carry on or improve their current form, but at least one, if not two teams normally fall away towards the end.
  • Looking at it if all teams continued their current 10 game or 6 game form:

Capture

Barring a significant change in ofrm, West Brom and Stoke would be gone in either scenario, with either Southampton or Huddersfield joining them.
  • so according to the bbc we only have 9 games left and don't play man u
  • So the whole article gives a breakdown on how every team needs to reach 37 points, yet in the final predicted table teams go down on 38 points ;hmm
  • And have WBA to win 3 and draw 3... (or win 4..., or...)
  • So that’s pretty much Brighton safe together with Bournemouth and Watford after this weekends games

Just pity for Wenger that their fixture against us hasn’t quite come soon enough
  • Shows when you’re in danger that a bit of effort and pride goes a long way.
  • Two wins on the bounce for Brighton, something we are incapable of doing. I hope Moyes has our players watching this to see what commitment is.
    Those 6 points we handed them are criminal.
  • edited March 2018
    To add to the six we gave to newcastle too ;lol
  • Thorn

Don't quite get your point. They just beat Arsenal, and you are admiring what they have done, so how is it criminal we lost to them?
  • We capitulated at their place and didn't get anywhere near them at ours, that's what was criminal. I think there's a mentality amongst our squad that they're too good to go down and they don't realise that they're not.
    They need a very serious wake up call if they haven't already had one.
    Every week one of our team pipe up with a statement that the next game is very important and all about giving it their all and going for three points. Last week it was Adrian.
    8 minutes in and it was virtually game over because once we are behind I don't expect us to get a win but just hope for a draw.
  • Don’t think it helped that Moyes saying before we shouldn’t have to play cus of the weather seems the players went in with that mentality as well judging by the performance but ay ho it’s over and done can’t change it, but we can and must change our mindset now and show what were made of starting now for our home games get the points in the bag and move onwards and upwards
  • Cuz

But he didin't say that at all.
  • Cuz

But he didin't say that at all.

Oh please quote me
  • Cus was very much on those lines ref travelling there in severe weather how they had to go by bus cus airport was shut in Cardiff all negativity was my point
  • "The Met Office is saying people shouldn't travel, especially through Cardiff and down the M4. It is a concern at the moment and I'm guessing it shouldn't be any different for football teams and fans. I think the Premier League may need to look at that," he said.
    Doesn't come across as negative to me, and I don't for a second think that Moyes had a negative attitude towards playing the game, or that this affected the players.
  • “It did not affect us at all, not whatsoever. The game should 100 per cent have been on today. The pitch was fine. The weather was fine and at no point did I say the game should be off. All I said on Friday was that the Met Office were telling people not to travel.”
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/march/03-march/moyes-it-was-worst-performance-my-time-west-ham#U2d9hGLVM3AfZiQo.99
  • edited March 2018

"The Met Office is saying people shouldn't travel, especially through Cardiff and down the M4. It is a concern at the moment and I'm guessing it shouldn't be any different for football teams and fans. I think the Premier League may need to look at that," he said.
    Doesn't come across as negative to me, and I don't for a second think that Moyes had a negative attitude towards playing the game, or that this affected the players.
    Will agree to disagree there’s negativity for me saying people shouldn’t travel I’m sure and having spoken to a few ex pros and one currently playing for Burnley they have said Moyes was a little negative in there view which I agreed with sends a message they shouldn’t be going imo
  • Meant to say I only spoke to the footballers because they drink in the pub I run
  • Cuz

You said:
    Don’t think it helped that Moyes saying before we shouldn’t have to play cus of the weather
    Moyes never said that.
    at no point did I say the game should be off. All I said on Friday was that the Met Office were telling people not to travel.
    If you want to say that that was negative, fire away (and I'll agree to disagree), but don't blame him for things he never said.
  • That second comment from Moyes isn’t really representative of what he said before though. It certainly isn’t *all* he said, according to that quote posted earlier. He certainly heavily hints the game shouldn’t have gone ahead. Not sure how that could’ve translated much into the game though.
  • I don't agree that he is heavily hinting that, Outcast, but each to their own.

I gave the 2nd quotation, as I think it clarifies his intention in the first.
  • edited March 2018
    grey
    After the horse as bolted in my opinion you don’t think it’s negative I do doesn’t make either of us right or wrong maybe he shouldn’t have mentioned the roads or the warnings of travel we play football so was necessary to travel police warnings were only if important journey what more important than going to get three points lol
  • edited March 2018
    What Moyes actually said
    Look, this weather is not something we get that often this country so maybe there has to be the odd time when the Premier League say "look, sorry it would be stupid for us to do something which would jeopardise supporters and staff".

We were listening to the radio coming in saying the M4 has a lot of problems and the same with the Severn Bridge. What do you do? The police are saying you should not be travelling, I don't know at what point you say we should not be doing it, it's a difficult one.

And actually most of the trains are off so because of that with the supporters you are jeopardising people being on the road. The Met office at the moment are saying people shouldn't travel especially through Cardiff and around the M4 so I've got to say that is a concern at the moment.

I'm guessing it's no different for football clubs or supporters, if they are saying don't travel then the Premier League would have to consider that as well.
  • Weather aside we where rubbish simple as , cannot wait for this season to finish
    whatever league we play in next season this club needs sorting out from top to bottom .
  • The club needs sorting from top to bottom at the end of almost every season.
  • But it never is.
  • Palace Man U comments moved to Other games thread.
This discussion has been closed.