Lookman! Don’t Ayew Rooney perfectly Goodison Wednesday evening (A Everton 29.11.17 Match Thread)

Comments

• For the Man City game, a 7-0 wij has the same odds as a 0-0. Both are 40-1.

I know which one is more likely...
  • Reckon Adrian will stay. I think he likes the club and knows the fans love him.

Byram, Collins, Rice and Cresswell at the back.

Midfield will need a complete overhaul, whichever league we're in.

Hernandez, Carroll, Sakho and Ayew will all go so we'll need a couple of strikers.
  • We’ll have snodgrass back too - a tidy championship performer
  • Moyes inherited a team that is unbalanced / unfit / unconfident it will take more than three games to sort that out. Our glimmer of hope is we do decent business in January . My optimism has gone and I am dreading December as a month where we get repeated hammered by the big boys. I can't see where the next point is coming from at the moment.
  • sorry to say but i think the rotten core of this team has set in now and i cannot see us getting out of this mess , i feel for my club as relegation will put the final nail in
    and we could find ourselves in the champo for a few seasons .

we needed players with youth and energy what we got is big names at the end of their career's imo .

• Madcap agree with 3 at back ..

Moyes saying we were organized is embarrassing IMO , laughable infact..
    He started Ayew upfront alone, and all we seemed to do for the most was pump it high , like they had all forgot Andy wasn't playing...

There were only a few players last night who deserve their spot in the team on Sunday ,but with injuries we have, we don't have that luxury..

Thankfully Hart will be nowhere to be seen, you would have thought in a WC season he'd be right up for it considering he's no 1 spot is very fragile, but sadly like virtually all his performances for us so far have been average at best IMO

Zab, as much as I like him, IMO he's past it and a major liability ..lots of effort, yeh , but too many times out of position and think has the most yellow cards in league...

Obiang has gone from a player who lots thought last season he was the most improved etc etc now he can't pass a ball...

Arthur while offers more support to Aaron and tries, his crosses have for the most been dire..and by him playing on the left is taking Arnie out his preferred left position and playing on the right..

Last night , apart from 20 mins after the break, the 1st half was some of the worst football I can honestly remember us playing, while we may have made baby steps forward against Leicester , last night it was size 11"s back....

Sad time to be a West Ham fan, some freaked by the owners, others still can't believe who they replaced Bilic with & a squad of players in the majority who look like they haven't a clue & don't care..

• I honestly think that the City game could be the biggest defeat in our premier league history.
    To lose 4-0 to such a poor team as Everton and let Rooney score 3 times.
    How on earth will we stop Jesus and Agüero ??
    It will be like when adults play football in the garden with their kids. There is no way our disgraceful team will get near them.
  • Are we allowed to play 2 keepers....
    ;doh
  • Martinez. Try and tempt Long and Vokes two decent strikers for champo. Then a loan for say Danng Ings?

Reckon defence will be mostly the same. Move on Ogbonna maybe Cresswell going possibly Reid. Rice. Oxford and Burke to finally get their chances.

Midfield is hard. Does Cullen and Holland get a chance and which players will stay outside of Noble hard to call really.
  • There are thin margins in EPL. What if Cresswell's shot had gone on or Lanzini's penalty had counted? But overall it was a poor performance.

Hart is not an EPL goalie and needs to be dropped and returned to MANC but I wonder if there is a "must play" clause in his loan deal. May be he will report injured with backache as he has been picking the ball out of the nets so frequently and that should open the door for Adrian.

Zabaleta runs around but is beaten for pace and does not carry much attacking threat. Ogbonna is wooden and Obiang and Kouyate were hardly in the game. May be Kouyate can be converted to a centre-half for a back 3. WHU livened up with the introduction of Sakho but after about 25 minutes supply for him dried up.

Last season it took Allardyce a while to sort Palace out and I wonder how long it will take Moyes to see the positives and negatives of some players. But clock is ticking and it is hard to see how big reinforcements will be secured in January.
  • Saw this on twitter:

It hurts.

Screenshot_20171130-100922
  • Mistakes all all over the place, when you lose the one player that can probably hurt EFC in the air, why go with Ayew? I don’t like Sakho or his attitude at times but what else does he have to do to get a start? Now you will prpbably start him v city and he won’t get a sniff?

Hart....he can’t play Sunday so again why not throw Adrian in now, Hart hasn’t necessarily made too many mistakes before last night but he has had a couple of could do better moments, just like last year with Randolph he was a keeper that kept on conceding it should’ve been changed, last night he has two mistakes now you’re throwing Adrian in against city.

They were all poor and not sure why Lanzini seems to get a pass, score that penalty it’s a different game.

This was so West Ham it was unreal to go to a team that hadn’t kept a clean sheet since the opening day? And literally gifting them a huge win. The club is rotten from top to bottom, I actually feel for Moyes to a point but I doubt he is the one to save us i actually think he could make it worse. They should’ve gone with Sam or Pardew or stuck with Bilic

If we don’t get out of this they are going to have a huge problem.
  • edited November 2017
    Makes the decision to only sign 3 outfield players last summer look laughable.

We let go of an entire XI from our squad and signed 4 players. Zaza, Calleri, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Arbeloa, Randolph, Fletcher, Nordtveit, Valencia. We are so unbalanced it’s embarrassing. Antonio the only winger, only three proper CM’s who all do the same thing, players that are neither wide players nor strikers.

Our average age must be in the late 20’s. No pace in defence or midfield. No youngsters.

A mess.
  • I think we have the oldest average age in the PL
  • City / Chelsea / Arsenal our next 3 games...

Can't imagine what the mood is like at the moment in Training, the players have to buy into Moyes but Moyes needs some wins for them to trust him.

We haven't had any bounce that you would normally expect from new manager.

Something needs to happen to break the cycle and move it positive.
  • One thing I don't get is why people say we were 'promised' champions league football. Like, even if Sullivan said that (I'm pretty sure he said that was the ambition, not a promise), why would anyone take that seriously at any point? Nobody can make a promise about progress in football
  • Lukerz said:

Our average age must be in the late 20’s. No pace in defence or midfield. No youngsters.

A mess.

Yeah, pretty sure I saw a stat during one of our recent defeats that we have an average age of over 28, the oldest in the league.

About the only thing we are top of.
  • Lukerz said:

A mess.

Yeah, pretty sure I saw a stat during one of our recent defeats that we have an average age of over 28, the oldest in the league.

Scratch that, we're top of the table for penalties conceded.
  • edited November 2017

Lukerz said:

A mess.

Scratch that, we're top of the table for penalties conceded.
    And we finished last season with the most individual mistakes that lead to a goal conceded.
  • Most goals conceded too
  • edited November 2017
    http://www.squawka.com/football-team-rankings#defensive-errors#team-stats#english-premier-league|season-2017/2018#0#90#any#any#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Something crazy is that we have only conceded 1 goal to an individual error, and have only let 3 shots on goal to individual errors.

To me, this highlights that organisation, defensive structure, and positioning is a bigger issue than individual errors this season.

This is something the manager needs to sort out asap
  • Transfer in Aguero and Jesus and triple captain either of them is my advice.

and they'll both be rested as its only us ;whistle
  • That's right Baz, only get to play if double figures looks a bit distant ;lol
  • I recall last season when we played them at home they scored a few with ease quickly and just went into autopilot resting for next game ;puzzled

I have Sterling, Otamendi and Sane in my FF team. You know theyre gonna be rested!!! ;weep Sorry I meant c'mon you 'ammers hehehe
  • alderz said:

One thing I don't get is why people say we were 'promised' champions league football. Like, even if Sullivan said that (I'm pretty sure he said that was the ambition, not a promise), why would anyone take that seriously at any point? Nobody can make a promise about progress in football

Does my head in Alderzzz I literally see the “promise” bit multiple times a day.

Normally attached to “next level”

;doh
  • Utterly agree with Madcap that 3 5 2 is what we should be playing, with Antonio and Masuaku as the wide 2.
    What saddens me most is the steep decline in "dependable" players like Obiang, Cresswell, Noble and Kouyate. (not sure if Ogbonna was ever dependable but his is garbage right now, and Zabaletta is a goner) How can their ability to receive a pass and give a pass deteriorate so rapidly. I assume it is down to confidence and Moyes has done nothing to boost that so far.
    We have it in us to play well - the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half was excellent and thrilling (when we finally had 2 up top and some movement !), but 15 mins per match is useless.
    I hate to say this but so many players in all sorts of positions look so off the boil that a wholesale clear-out may be needed. I doubt a few cautious buys in January will help us, so relegation looms. If it happens we have enough quality youngsters to start to build a team around ( Oxford, Burke, Rice, Samuelson, Martinez) and ironically it might be the best thing for the club in the long term. 1 or 2 seasons in Championship and come back with a nucleus of real West Ham players for the 2020s.
  • We're going down and I don't mean to Alphabet Street.
  • . I doubt a few cautious buys in January will help us, so relegation looms. If it happens we have enough quality youngsters to start to build a team around ( Oxford, Burke, Rice, Samuelson, Martinez) and ironically it might be the best thing for the club in the long term. 1 or 2 seasons in Championship and come back with a nucleus of real West Ham players for the 2020s.

Had hoped this would happen last time, if anything the opposite happened. So doubtful about this.
  • And if they did and turned out to be any good, they'd be sold on. ;angry
  • I think that was because Sam insisted on buying loads of players rather than trusting some of the players who got the promotion. I have seen quite a few clubs only buy 3 or 4 when they are promoted and then do OK. Perhaps it is because we labour under the illusion that we are a "big" club and therefore have to compete with other clubs in signing "big" players, which so far with Hernandez, Zabaleta, Arnautovic, Ayew and Hart has not been much of a success.
This discussion has been closed.