Lookman! Don’t Ayew Rooney perfectly Goodison Wednesday evening (A Everton 29.11.17 Match Thread)

Comments

• Bbbut I thought we had a top 8 squad? Nothing wrong with the owners, all Bilic's fault?
  • MIA we will certainly be beginning to get cut adrift. Our goal difference is so bad that we are going to have to overtake teams as catching them won't be enough.
  • Gosh, that’s a new low. I can’t believe I can still feel such pain, discomfort, and utter despair. I have felt the pain of relegation frequently, but this feels like something new. Like getting a paper cut in your finger and then peeling an orange.
  • It's all if there fault. But mainly the board. At least we would have had the Boleyn.
  • Can we put a made me cry button to click on so I can do it after every post I’d swap our entertaining football folks said Bilic and others would bring for premier league survival year on year this football is making me swear they really are not fit to wear the shirt imo
  • That was it for me. That was our season. We'll get nothing from the next three, and probably nothing from Stoke either.

When Bilic was sacked we had Watford, Leicester and Everton for the players to make a positive statement of intent.

They got one point and a - 6 goal difference.

We are as good as down. The Championship in a half-empty soup bowl of a stadium beckons.

Where did it all go wrong.
  • Away fans ;bowdown
  • I cannot remember seeing a worse premier league side in my life.

The board cannot do anything now the die is cast and no player in their right mind would come to West Ham

If you had asked a Spurs supporter what they would like to happen to West Ham they would have said.

Move them to a ground not built for football and destroy the team. That is exactly what our board have done.

Congratulations to Sullivan gold and Brady.
  • ;weep I would say how sad I am ,but really I don't feel anything that's sad in itself ;weep
  • There is a team in there somewhere, I actually enjoyed the second half until the Rooney strike. Even that they had to score from their own half! ;wink
  • I read that a team managed by David Moyes has never managed to beat Everton. Aggregate score now 12-0.

Say whatever you like about him but as far as tactics go he's still got that Everton defence absolutely rock solid.

• Man City had 26 attempts tonight .
    I already feel sick for Sunday ;weep
  • Hutton the ground has absolutely nothing to do with it. Even if we were still at the Boleyn this lot would be total rubbish. They are incompetent and most of them lack the basic skills required for any level of football let alone PL.
    it's easy to say it's a confidence thing but if they were doing the right things from the start they'd have some confidence.
    We've been rubbish since the start of pre season in 2016/17 and in a lot of the games the season before that. We were blinded by finishing 7th but if the top 6 or 8 had played that season like they are now we'd have been in the bottom 6.
    We need probably about 27/28 points from the remaining 24 games but given we are unlikely to get any from our next 3 or 4 we could well need to win nearly half of our games from the new year on. What odds would you get on that.
  • Club is rotten
  • There is a team in there somewhere, I actually enjoyed the second half until the Rooney strike. Even that they had to score from their own half! ;wink

Yeh, after the most pathetic 1st half I've seen in many years the least they could have done was try....
    By then it was too little to late, if Lanzini had scored, it could have been different , but IMO that is just covering up major problems..
  • We have seen this game of two halves thing before though. I would hope that would stop. They can play well, they did in the 2nd half but played awful in the 1st.
    As for Hart, I just don't get why he is England's No 1.
  • Not sure where we go from here.
  • Not sure where we go from here.

Down
  • edited November 2017
    Exeter I think you are
  • We’ve been in decline for a few seasons Bilic first season like I said it would be did well with Croatia against mclarens England and people thought Ay he’s one of ours he will do well,with payet in fine form, easy with hindsight but Bilic wasn’t the man even though I warmed to him he was tactically inept also proved imo and now the players are used to it, as for the board if they really backed Bilic in the summer why didn’t they get carvhalo for him instead of pussyfooting around over the price because can’t see him wanting to come for a relagation battle in January can you ?
  • Yep. Not a good feeling at the moment
  • For me the root cause of all of this is the three morons who “run” the club

Last season was epitomised by a slew of barely deserved 1-0 wins whose points ultimately got us over the line.

Those fools at the top should have thanked their lucky stars, immediately binned bilic and taken on one of the decent managers who would have been pretty readily available.

But no, they know better and they just let the cancer grow deeper into this season. And when they do act they bring in someone ridiculed and hated by most (at least allardyce was respected even if he was hated by Twist) and team him up with the perpetual failure Stuart Pearce.

But why should we be surprised - their sum total of achievements in football amounts to Birmingham City

And as for Brady - her career highlight is getting the tax payer to pay for a third rate pub team to play in an athletics stadium

• Is it worth bothering with a thread for Sunday as the posts are likely to be quite painful to write and to read.
  • I see Ayew is first out of the traps after that with the usual "we need to stay strong and work hard to turn the season around".
    Trouble is there's been no signs at all that they're capable of turning the season around. In nearly all the previous seasons I've seen where we've been relegated there's been some hope that a few good results and we'd be safe but this season I've absolutely no faith in this team whatsoever.
  • Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Obiang
    Kouyate
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic
    Ayew
    Masuaku

Just spineless individuals with 0 football personality or character. They meander around the pitch barely uttering a single word. Other than Reid, Hart and Zabaleta, there was nobody tonight who had any significant vocal contribution.

Can’t believe how bad all our regulars have become.
  • Oh Well, the players are training with more intensity so that's a step in the right direction.
  • I see that our manager has managed to see positive signs tonight. Oh well that’s jolly good then. I think I’ll take those thoughts and turn in for the evening. Good night everyone
  • Put Moyes out of his misery because we will be the fourth club he’s failed at believe me we’ve become worse than we were under Bilic and grant and didn’t think you’d here me say that
  • Just watched City on MOTD. Really scared for Sunday unless we are allowed to field two teams.
    Do we just forfeit the game 3-0 if we don't play it. That's our best bet I think.
  • Yes we are def worse than grant. Grant’s squad did not have much spent on it from memory
This discussion has been closed.