Lookman! Don’t Ayew Rooney perfectly Goodison Wednesday evening (A Everton 29.11.17 Match Thread)

Comments

• Our owners signed Grant, who proceeded to take his second team in succession out of the Premier League. Now we have Moyes, who is about to do the same. These clowns running our club don't have a clue.
  • Thorn

I really am sad to say that the way I feel now I don’t really care what happens against city.

What has happened over the last couple of seasons has left me numb.

I am ashamed of my club.
  • It's shameful when you hear commentators and pundits say some of our players are disgraceful for their lack of effort. That's something that should never happen.
    Whatever anyone thinks of Moyes I don't think he will hold back and he'll give them a real rollicking.
    He wasn't happy at all by the first half but seemed happy with the second except for the individual errors which gifted goals. Even watching the last one again two defenders didn't attack the ball and just let williams have a free header.
  • Moyes can shout all he likes, If the players won't play for him he is part of the problem, just think the special one said how good our squad was at the start of the season.
  • Does anyone really think that these players will show any reaction to whatever Moyes says.

Let’s see how many players pretend they are injured so that they miss the next few games.

They are a bunch of gutless cowards.
  • Our owners signed Grant, who proceeded to take his second team in succession out of the Premier League. Now we have Moyes, who is about to do the same. These clowns running our club don't have a clue.

Spot on Horsham ;clap
  • Just in and watched the recording of the match, it's hard to find any positive at all as Everton actually did not look much good and yet ran out 4-0 winners. I honestly don't see where our next point is coming from.

The players seem to find it difficult to do even basic things correctly, simple things like first touch and crossing the ball. Moyes has had no discernable effect that I can see and looks at this early stage exactly as we feared.

Our only real hope is that other clubs near the bottom don't set us adrift and that we can turn it around but as it is at the moment I cant argue with anyone who says we deserve to go down.
  • I know we were rubbish yet again tonight and totally deserved to lose but it’d be great if we could just get a little bit of luck like other teams seem to have had against us recently.

Since Moyes took over -

*Everton have penalty saved and the rebound goes straight to Rooney’s bonce. We have one saved and it’s goes away from goal.

*Watford player miskicks and it lands at the feet of their player to score, happened again for the second goal against Everton.

*Ogbonna slipping over as it hits Albrighton and goes in for Leicester.

*Cresswell hitting the bar, Gomes somehow pulling off wonder saves.

I know you sometimes need to make your own luck but wouldn’t it be nice if the footballing gods helped us out occasionally. ;pray
  • Ok, I can point to periods when we looked decent, we started both halves really quite well, I can point to some bad luck, Cressers was unlucky with his effort and no-one can afford to miss a penalty, I can point to a number of really dangerous crosses we put in, the sort of crosses where AC must have been thinking, “why don’t they do that when I am on the pitch”

however....

The team cannot hide from losing 4-0 to possibly the worst Everton team I have ever seen, after they went two up they suddenly started playing with confidence, I do not know about saving our season but I think we have gone a long way towards saving theirs.

Watching us it struck me that our first touch was awful, we just could not control the ball, it was League two standard and I really am not sure what has happened with Koyoute and Obiang, they have simply been abject lately.

I have not seen much of a new manager bounce and I am genuinely fearful for what Man City are going to do to us.

It is going to be really ugly

;sofa
  • I've changed my mind. It's not going to be a long hard slog. It's going to be a series of excuses from West Ham employees who are not really up for a long hard slog. I think you were right, Twist ;weep
  • I see Ayew is first out of the traps after that with the usual "we need to stay strong and work hard to turn the season around".
    Trouble is there's been no signs at all that they're capable of turning the season around. In nearly all the previous seasons I've seen where we've been relegated there's been some hope that a few good results and we'd be safe but this season I've absolutely no faith in this team whatsoever.

"He said: “There are no words. We came here with lots of determination to do something. We leave here with zero points and four goals conceded. It’s not normal"

The sad truth it is normal. Normal for this shower, anyway.

But hey, as long as we talk a good game, we'll be ok ;ok
  • Well I’ve slept on it and still the pain hasn’t gone away, it’s not the defeat it’s the manor of it that hurts gutless, then to hear Moyes say I won’t put my name to that first half performance but will the second half beggars belief we be joining Sunderland
  • edited November 2017
    He said what?! ;lol

Maybe Slav should have tried that. '2015/16 was definitely me, but I'm not putting my name to the following 18 months'

Fella would still be in a job.
  • Transfer in Aguero and Jesus and triple captain either of them is my advice.
  • Well that was hideous.

I said earlier on in the season that this has the feeling of that Grant season, still does.

It’s hard even for me to remain optimistic.

I can’t see anything other than relegation.
  • It's breaking my heart
  • I believe the best tactic for Man City is to quickly have five players sent off so the game is forfeited at 3-0

The advantages:

1) we only lose 3-0
    2) given every first team player is pretty much rubbish at the moment, it will mean those that are sent off cannot play for 3 games - this will then give a chance to reserve players who frankly cannot do any worse
  • Say what you want about Rooney, in a big game, when his side needed him, he stepped up and won them the game. Proper captain and player.

Our defending was quite frankly disgusting at any level of football. Kouyate and Obiang are such lightweight midfielders, but we’ve all said for two years we need a proper CM and we’ve not got the cash out to do it.

Not sure how the owners feel we can become a club fitting of that stadium (Karen’s words) without spending any real money (I mean more than the usual £30m-£40m, which is peanuts in today’s market).

If they can’t supply it, fair enough. But it makes a mockery of selling the Boleyn. We may as well just stood still but at least we’d own our ground.
  • edited November 2017

Well that was hideous.

I said earlier on in the season that this has the feeling of that Grant season, still does.

It’s hard even for me to remain optimistic.

I can’t see anything other than relegation.

Well if even someone who is normally “glass half full” is expecting relegation, then that pretty much tells me it is curtains
  • We only spending 30/40 million because we recouperating money back we will always stand still when your net spend is far less the club really is a joke but fortunately muggins will keep spending my earnings/ savings to support them I don’t deserve to watch this shower as much as they don’t deserve me
  • I really cannot understand how such highly paid players can get away with such a lack of effort and face no consequences.
    If that was my club, as chairman i would call a meeting and tell them that until they start fulfilling their contracts and representing the club in a professional manner they will be put on warning and their salaries reduced or withheld .In any other business you would be sacked for such continually poor performance.
  • A twitter post from one of our travelling fans, those people deserve so much better.

I missed off the conclusion to the post which wasn't suitable for this forum....

----
    Time off work, losing money, home for 3am to watch a performance like that, and have 2 players over to applaud the effort we’ve all made midweek for a game live on the tele.
    ----
  • Lukerz said:

Say what you want about Rooney, in a big game, when his side needed him, he stepped up and won them the game. Proper captain and player.

Our defending was quite frankly disgusting at any level of football. Kouyate and Obiang are such lightweight midfielders, but we’ve all said for two years we need a proper CM and we’ve not got the cash out to do it.

Not sure how the owners feel we can become a club fitting of that stadium (Karen’s words) without spending any real money (I mean more than the usual £30m-£40m, which is peanuts in today’s market).

If they can’t supply it, fair enough. But it makes a mockery of selling the Boleyn. We may as well just stood still but at least we’d own our ground.

100% agree. I was pro-move when I believed the dream the club sold us.

Unfortunately, as I've said before, I don't think our board have either the money nor the professional competence to realise that dream.
  • David Moyes: “We were completely sumbissive in the first half, individual mistakes cost us. The goals we are conceding - it’s not because we aren’t organised - it’s individual mistakes that are costing us. We have to eradicate it or find people who won’t make a mistake.”
  • Ask any West Ham fan have we looked better with three at the back (over the last 12 months) or four and virtually to a man they will say three. We should be playing 3-5-2, end of, full stop. Our best performances have all come with three at the back, but first Bilic, and now Moyes persist with four. Whenever we play with a loan striker we look pants, I can see it, everyone sees it, but we have still persisted with a loan striker. So, we look better with a back three, better with two up front. And how do we line up? 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 (no, it`s a 4-5-1). I honestly can`t be bovvered any more. Bilic, and now Moyes, are repeating the same mistakes. Relegation doesn`t worry me, I don`t care if we play in the championship or the premier league, I just want to see us compete, watching us get ripped apart is about as entertaining as smallpox. Every game now has an air of inevitability, Big Sam in the crowd and Rooney running the show, what could go wrong??????? Looking forward to a competitive blood and thunder 3-3 against Barnsley next season. ;scarf
  • Madcap, spot on.
  • Just about to make my predictions for this weekend, can't make my mind up
    about the hammers, was going to go for a 4-0 loss, but after last night I
    think I need to double that score. ;weep
  • I think we need to be targeting championship workhorses like Ross McCormack and Jordan Rhodes in Jan to prepare us for next season- not the likes of carvalho (not that he’d come anywhere near us)
  • I reckon Shane Long would make the step down. Guy is an absolute runner and i think Champo is his level, a good replacement for Sakho imo.

Keeper situation is going to be bleak.
This discussion has been closed.