Watford vs West Ham United - 19.11.17 - Match Thread

Comments

• Did I not hear we covered 10km more yesterday than our seasons average? There's a start.
  • Herb ;ok

115.58km (4.4 km more than next highest) compared to 106.5 ave.
  • Thanks Grey.
  • Sadly tho most was backwards and sideways...
  • I think 4 of those kilometres can be attributed to Arnautovic. When he was rolling around the floor with a broken thumb (nail) his little legs were going like the clappers.
  • Did those figures include getting the ball out of the back of the net. ;biggrin
  • What's the point. ;hmm
  • Madcap

So you don't think Arnie was in pain?
  • I think it seems fairly obvious he was in pain. Its just the fastest I have seen him "run" was when he was lying prostrate.
  • Then I don't get the dismissive (nail) - as though it was nothing serious.
  • Welcome to Moyes the Motivator!

There's the truth ;biggrin

and the truth ;weep

unfortunately we will have to get used to the 2nd version
  • Fade_n

You don't think you are being just a touch previous in your dismissal of Moyes?
  • It was a flippant comment for which I apologise, having watched the rugby chaps earlier that weekend I thought that Arnautovic may have over reacted somewhat to someone standing on his hand. This was further evidenced by the fact that Arnautovic wanted to continue to play. It has been mentioned on a number of occasions that "Arnie" appears to be a lazy player, a "Big Time Charlie" who has failed thus far in his West Ham career to track back, put himself about or look particularly interested. For a "lazy player" I thought he looked remarkably animated whilst lying prone and it amused a portion of my brain that may well be unique to me and this amusement certainly should not and will not in future be shared on a public forum.
    For the record I thought this was Arnies best game for us and it was a shame when he went off.
  • Madcap

You can share whatever humour/thoughts/brainstorms you like (within site rules.)

It's just sometimes you may be asked to clarify what you mean.

It's never easy to determine subtleties of 'tone' on a forum.
  • ;ok

I do have an odd sense of humour. Anarchic, some might say......................
  • ;run

I`m right behind you.........................

;scary
  • But I'm a mod, and therefore have motorised transport ;scooter
  • ;sub

But you just don`t know where I might pop up..............................
  • Madcap

To clarify my confusion (bear with me here...) it was the thumb nail bit I didn't get, rather than the running gag.
  • I thought you was a rocker Mrs G.
  • Hammerex

Nah, she's off that now... ;run
  • At the time I didn`t think he`d done much worse. A sort of "my life`s over, I`ve broken a nail" or "I`m so angry I could crush a grape" thing.
    It was flippancy within a flippant comment.
    I`m normally a compassionate person, I cry at sad films. But I found Arnie rolling around on the floor funny.
    My name is Madcap, and I think I have a problem.
  • Madcap, Act III, Scene II, Queen Gertrude
  • BTW, I thought Marriner had a good game.
  • Grey ;ok But we have to strive.

Marriner had his usual game where he does let it flow but his consistency is open to question.
  • NE - I think that AC,s card was an accumulation type of card, I would not have been surprised if he had been given a yellow within seven seconds for leading with his arm once again, not really deliberate and thus not malicious but he certainly contacted the opponent right on the nose with enough force to draw a decent amount of claret.

Just a few games ago he got his marching orders for a couple of those.
  • But AC didn't even get a free kick when a Watford player led arm first into him. He gets a rough ride from refs.
  • He got kicked 3 or 4 times (probably accidentally, but still) shortly before his Yellow Card. He stayed on his feet and kept the ball.... ref gave nothing.
  • Reminds me of Carlton ... regularly penalised for JWB.

;ccole
This discussion has been closed.