Watford vs West Ham United - 19.11.17 - Match Thread

Comments

• Does not look good for Marko..
    Moyes certainly has got his work cut out, we all knew that tho.
    Not a great start so far..
  • Lukerz said:

How bad is hart?

Very, is the answer

Balderdash!
  • Honestly I thought Hart was a real upgrade upon signing but how bad has he become over the last few years? Pretty bad. Completely changed my view on him over the season.
  • And I think you are wrong.
  • Arni off Arthur on.

A save off the line from Lanzini
  • edited November 2017
    I know it’s the right thing to be patient and give it time, but time is something we don’t have (unless we plan to take points off the likes of Man City and Chelsea) - we are lurching towards being the side who will be playing the likes of burton Albion ina tax payer funded athletics stadium
  • We’ve been absolutely awful, but even then there’s been one off the line, Gomes has made two blinding saves, and Kouyate skied a sitter.
  • Sakho Masuaku and Lanzini up front now. That is such an upgrade on the attackers we've been using up front recently.
  • Lukerz said:

Honestly I thought Hart was a real upgrade upon signing but how bad has he become over the last few years? Pretty bad. Completely changed my view on him over the season.

When good players join West Ham they become bad

When out of form players join West Ham they become even worse. That’s how it generally goes
  • Disappointing for the 2nd goal. Reido has to do better, as does Hart.

Replays show Hughes handled in the build up.

Cleared off the line...

We've created chances in this game, and have been far from 'shambolic', imo.
  • Reid has just come back from a round trip to/from New Zealand.

Other international players should take note of his level of commitment.
  • Disappointing for the 2nd goal. Reido has to do better, as does Hart.

Replays show Hughes handled in the build up.

Cleared off the line...

We've created chances in this game, and have been far from 'shambolic', imo.

I'd like to hope that during 90 minutes of football we'd "create chances". I'd be very worried if we didn't. It's been all Watford in possession and territorially.

It would not be as painful (even if we were 2-0 down) if we could keep possession, pass the ball about with pace in and around their box and create chances on top of this.
  • Thing is we could easily be going the way of Sunderland last season. End up with a bunch of players who throw in the towel as we slide to relegation.
  • Grey

From what is I have seen the right team will be taking home the points this evening. Fully deserved for Watford
  • Arni
    ;jarvis
  • Frightening how far ahead of us Watford are.
  • Can’t see how we not going down
  • welove

Creating chances has not been our forte recently.

Lukerz

Can't see that happening - the throwing in the towel, not necessarily the relegation...
  • Well it is clear Moyes and his staff have a great deal of work to do.

I did see today though a glimmer of hope.

It should also be noted that Winston Reid played a full 90minutes after a round trip to/from New Zealand. Puts many ‘international stars’ to shame.

IRONS IRONS IRONS ⚒
  • Masuaku's give-and-go's are seriously good. So comfortable on the ball as well.

He moves the play forward and I don't see why he shouldn't get more game time as a left winger.
  • We have to be favourites for the drop....must be said

Hope Moyes can turn it around
  • 8 minutes of extra time.

coyi
  • Masuaku has looked good when he has come on. I've said it for a while but he needs to play with Cresswell behind him. You know he will get to the byline and put in a cross. He often beats his man too which is nice as it helps us stretch teams.
  • Arthur showing he deserves a chance at LWF; only one of our players today who looks comfortable in possession and able to beat his man.

Not great today, but #babysteps
  • In terms of passing and ball control and general basics we've struggled to be even second best.
  • Peru. Winston went to Peru too.

• That's been true all season.

If it can be changed, it won't change immediately.
  • I’d also like to mention Alan ‘Smudga’ Smith in co-coms.

It’s a rare talent that makes Glenn Twaddle look informed and knowledgeable.
  • Unless anyones thinking of doing the Leicester thread, I'll revisit my first draft and put it up later or tomorrow....
This discussion has been closed.