How I hate the Spuds - 25th at Wembley (the only time we will get there this year) Cup Match Thread

Comments

• Well I stopped watching last friday just to make sure ;whistle
  • We all deserved this evening after so much suffering and disappointment .... Magnificent .... Heroic .... What a turn around .... So pleased for the team and Bilic. So pleased for the club. So pleased for all you guys .... This was the West Ham that I love .... I will just enjoy the moment .... Because thre will be a tomorrow ;weep
  • No mooj, stick with it. Pleasure and pain

I turned the sound off and watched the rest of the game.
  • sweepy23 said:

I want to post a video of the third goal!!!

Well you can. If you know how. ;biggrin
  • It had absolutely nothing to do with me.
  • I only turned the sound off when Tottenham were atttacking, which was surprisingly rare
  • alderz said:

If anyone gets credit it’s me.

I stopped watching at half time, and then my dad asked if I knew the score and we were winning

In which case the one to credit is actually your Dad. Well done alderzSnr!! You the man! This is all you big lad!
  • I doesn't get better. From despair to ecstasy in 45 minutes. I really needed that scotch to see me through the last 45.
  • edited October 2017
    It was like 2 different teams from first half to second. I have texted the Spurs supporter from our team at work :)
  • Allardyce wouldn’t have waited to go two goals down before putting three past this lot ;lol
  • So whu else is in the quarters?
  • I know it's almost impossible to say but I believe our passionate players that have been mentioned this week (Adrian, Noble etc) had something to do with this comeback. I could be completely wrong and it's a wild guess but if we had Obiang/Kouyate instead of Noble and no Adrian I couldn't see this passion injected into the players in the second half. Obviously need to give a mention to Ayew with the brace too.
  • I am very elated now but I also have a very weird voice lurking inside me saying “ how have we been so poor when players can do that”
    Please let this mean an improvement as losing against Palace would make this meaningless.
  • It’s funny isn’t it, no matter how rich a vein of form spurs are in (as seems to be the case today), when they then play us, they seem to find us a tough nut to crack in recent times

The way they are playing today and how we played on Friday, you would expect a cricket score but actually I expect nothing if the sort

Think we’ll give them a run for their money, however based upon our recent showings I’ve no idea how I’ve come to this conclusion

Oh look at this little gem I found on page 1...
  • Please tell me how Mrs Grey. 4 percent battery left

• Please let this mean an improvement as losing against Palace would make this meaningless.

No way can a win over Spurs at Wembley be rendered meaningless. Regardless if what happens on Sat.
  • Noble going off at Rose, Ayew chasing down, things that lift a team.

I do have a soft spot for Adrian...

Cresswell put in some excellent crosses.

Happy days....
  • Lukerz said:

Out of interest...

Should Spurs reach the final, will it be played at another venue to avoid a home advantage scenario? Same goes for the FA Cup?

;hmm
  • Sooooooooooooo pleased for Slaven ;bowdown ;bowdown ;bowdown ;bowdown ;bowdown
  • So whu else is in the quarters?

BBC say: the quarter-final draw is held at 16:00 BST on Thursday. Here's who will be in it:

West Ham
    Chelsea
    Manchester City
    Manchester United
    Bristol City
    Arsenal
    Bournemouth
    Leicester
  • Pochettino just said the opponent had nothing to loose ;angry we do have a name you know .
  • MrsGrey said:

So whu else is in the quarters?

BBC say: the quarter-final draw is held at 16:00 BST on Thursday. Here's who will be in it:

West Ham
    Chelsea
    Manchester City
    Manchester United
    Bristol City
    Arsenal
    Bournemouth
    Leicester
    Noooo spudzzzzx
  • I reckon that shows that Slav hasn't lost the dressing room. Adrian running 60 yards to celebrate the 3rd goal shows that the guy cares & I personally think he has more passion for the club than Hart ever will. Delighted for Ayew who will score if he's given the service,Carroll was immense tonight & Rice looks a cool head. Above all delighted for Slav & this might just turn our season around completely. The fact that it came against that lot at Wembley makes it all the sweeter. COYI!!!
  • Right mix ?
  • Right, where did the West Ham I know and love of Friday go?
  • You're taking that out of context Steve. He said " when you're playing against an opponent with nothing to lose ......."
  • You're taking that out of context Steve. He said " when you're playing against an opponent with nothing to lose ......."

apart from the managers job and and the next round of a cup which is more important to us...
  • ;doh thanks thorn guess i misunderstood that one i blame ;redwine i stand corrected
  • I thought Ayew was absolutely outstanding in the second half, not just goals but the quality he showed on the ball.

Lanzini looks great too.

Carroll isn’t working in this set-up and so hopefully Hernandez is back in against Palace. If we don’t go long or get crosses in I really don’t think Carroll adds anything anymore.

Difficult choices for Slav but I’d say almost all of those who played tonight should start Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.