How I hate the Spuds - 25th at Wembley (the only time we will get there this year) Cup Match Thread

Comments

• London fixture with plenty of tickets. Could have been worse. COYI
  • Absolute disgrace, the most obvious fix ever
  • Spurs are better than Arsenal so no stress ;wahoo
  • Is it me of are we better away in the cup than at home?
  • edited October 2017
    If they play the same team (pretty much all kids), then it could have been a worse draw.

Chelsea, Man U and Man City all played very good players.
  • Adam said:

If they play the same team (pretty much all kids), then it could have been a worse draw.

Chelsea, Man U and Man City all played very good players.

Just had a second look at their team, and there were only 3 proper youth players. Still better than getting the other three big teams, I guess.
  • That draw looks well dodgy to me, but to get Arsenal away was probably
    the best for us. Wenger normally rests his first eleven, and we seem to play
    better away than at home.
  • I don’t normally believe in the theories either but I’ll tell you what they couldn’t of armed the ones that do any more if they tried
  • From KUMB, well worth a read and funny to boot (warning; contains proscribed words ;biggrin )
    http://kumb.com/article.php?id=4037
  • Every draw in this competition has gone farcically wrong. This is the EFL's premier competition and they have become a laughing stock. Do the draw live on TV after the last game/s of the round. It really is that easy.
    All this nonsense of doing it at 4am or on Twitter or whatever. Nonsense.

I don't really believe it was fixed but they do give it credence as Izzy stated.
  • At least they got this bit right

8CA73809-A072-4D9B-9620-C871E20FEB59
  • Could have been worse as I think even the Manchester clubs second string would be a challenge but if Wenger fields a less than first eleven and we do then we have every chance. Also home advantage is hardly an advantage to us at present.
  • Away Win.

NURSE.. NURSE.. I cant find my pills....

Away Win.

NURSE.. NURSE.. I cant find my pills....

Suz the prophet
  • Its a soft drink company from the far east - home to a multitude of match fixing allegations recently - I cant see what other way the draw could come out - call me a cynic - but if it walks like a Duck etc.....
  • not just that Arsenal got a home draw as usual and Man United get the easy draw as usual....
  • I can't even be bothered to look up the number of home draws, or easy lower league away draws AFC have had in the last decade, truly staggering
  • I’m just trying to work out the odds of the big 4 clubs being kept apart. Highly suspicious.

I make it 8 out of 35 which is nearly 1 in 4 so not as unlikely as I would have thought ;hmm

I split the 8 teams into 4 As and 4 Bs the odds of the 2nd team being different to the first is 4 out of 7. the odds of the 4th team being different to the third is 3 out of 5 . and the 6th to the 5th is 2 out of 3

So: 4/7 x 3/5 x 2/3 = 24/105 = 8/35

Sorry but my maths teacher always insisted on showing the working
  • but then add to the odds of Arsenal getting a home draw and Man United drawing the lowest opposition left in the competition ;hmm
  • I had a relative worked for the FA. He told me how the draw "worked".
  • £100k a week and disses the fans
  • Pretty sure that’s fake ;hmm
  • Apparently it was there and later taken down.
  • edited October 2017
    Can't really see anything about it, football media would've jumped all over that if it was real...
  • (swearing)

Spurs fans really are a gift that keep on giving.
  • ;lol

“Vorm he does the same for me on FIFA”

enough said
  • Why is he looking to blame someone every time? That first one, Fernandes hit that so hard, how was he supposed to hold that through a crowd of players?
  • I had a relative worked for the FA. He told me how the draw "worked".

Do Tell !!
  • The answer to every possible question = He's Spurs

#Youre welcome
This discussion has been closed.