How I hate the Spuds - 25th at Wembley (the only time we will get there this year) Cup Match Thread

Comments

• Well I am GOBSMACKED!!!

Can we play like that second half, all the time please?
  • If anyone wants to go back and agree my prediction on page 3 please feel free to do so

#you’rewlecome
  • I’m thinking.....

77C2C789-021B-49A2-900E-3EEA0FD46FEC

To be fair you got the fomation right for the last 5 minutes! ;lol

What a result.

What a second half! coyi ;scarf coyi
  • Right, first thing in the morning I'm off to the market for a load of wet fish.

Anyone bringing any 'not playing for the manager', 'no passion' or anything of that ilk...

I'll be waiting.

;fishslap ;fishslap

Meanwhile, ;quaver it's happening again
  • ;puzzled I saw it but I still don't believe it someone punch me ;wahoo
  • So the Anti-Noble brigade. Think he got the side fired up with that confrontation at the start of the half? Or are you going to say he's a bad captain still?

Great result.
  • How did that happen

Because I am at work and completely forgot we were playing until my mate called me up 5 minutes ago to tell me we were winning.
    You're welcome
  • MrsGrey said:

Meanwhile, ;quaver it's happening again

I hope you remember what happened last time we played/beat Spurs in the league cup!
  • Fat man dive for Noble shirt was brilliant!
  • It’s happened again, it’s happened again.. Tottenham Hotspur it's happened again.
  • Well done players second half. Well done Bilic.
  • Mr AA ;clap
  • So the Anti-Noble brigade. Think he got the side fired up with that confrontation at the start of the half? Or are you going to say he's a bad captain still?

Great result.

Absolutely spot on Eski ;ok
  • What was that stat about not scoring in the first half and not winning when the other team does ;puzzled
  • If anyone wants to go back and agree my prediction on page 3 please feel free to do so

#you’rewlecome

But were you still believing it at half time?

Also, I hope the second half to your prediction is wrong bud!
  • Can I not post videos?
  • I'm getting scared now that it's really Tuesday night and when I wake up we don't play until Wednesday and it's all been a dream.
  • I out the win down to me turning off the match at half-time. You’re all welcome.
  • Tell you what, Slav now has the mother of all selection headaches for Saturday in determining which of the NINE players he changed will be allowed back in the starting line up ;lol
  • Lost my stream with 5 mins to go but what a comeback ;wahoo ;clap
  • I did my bit too secrethammersfan, by having had a difficult day and deciding not to watch at all. Also, grey is involved in a choir shindig tonight and also couldn't watch.

So I think we all deserve a small share of the credit ;wahoo
  • edited October 2017
    MrsGrey said:

What was that stat about not scoring in the first half and not winning when the other team does ;puzzled

Doesn't matter, we have #alternativestats ;wahoo
  • An interesting, if exceedingly risky strategy by Billic: expend no energy in the first half, conserve it all enabling you to go blitzkreig in the second.

Seriously though I doubted the desire of the boys first half, but I think they were just scared, playing with fear. So much determination second half, belief, drive, guts, intensity, the lot.

Well done the players and manager. ;scarf
  • MrsGrey said:

I did my bit too secrethammersfan, by having had a difficult day and deciding not to watch at all. Also, grey is involved in a choir shindig tonight and also couldn't watch.

So I think we all deserve a small share of the credit ;wahoo

Nope, not having that Mrs G. You are the queen of advocating hard facts ;lol

The hard facts are on page 3 ;lol
  • I was messing about doing some sacked manager powerpoint thingies (figured it would save me the upset of checking on the game). So I finish, go on the BBC site and we're in injury time! It was a pleasure to read the 154 new match thread comments (first time in a while lol ) ;wahoo ;nolan ;barrera ;poormf
  • The fat geezer stacking it in a desperate attempt to grab Noble's shirt after the game was comedy gold. Bless you fella.
  • I want to post a video of the third goal!!!
  • If anyone gets credit it’s me.

I stopped watching at half time, and then my dad asked if I knew the score and we were winning
  • New lucky shirt. That was why. So the average white band album cover t shirt gets taken to the dry cleaners tomorrow, and will be ready for Saturday morning without Guinness stains.
This discussion has been closed.