The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2017/18 - sackings etc at other clubs - Zidane going/gone

Comments

• ;lol an excellent job everyone ;clap
  • Glad stoke ruled out Bilic horrible club which probably means a three year contract for him
  • edited January 2018
    Martin O.N has now turned down Stoke...

I think the first relegated team is decided.... ;wave
  • I will just be so, so happy if Stoke are relegated and never come back.
  • According to sky sources Giggs to be named wales manager tomorrow on 4 year deal
  • Cuz1 said:

According to sky sources Giggs to be named wales manager tomorrow on 4 year deal

Fully deserved. Worked his way down in the lower leagues and has earned his chance.

Wait a second.... ;hmm
  • Meant to add that bit twist and remember people accusing him of which games he was fit for to play for Wales picking and choosing what suited him
  • Paul Lambert favourite now for Stoke job.

I know, bet he can’t believe it either.
  • A rich mans mcliesh lol where’s McLaren why’s he not being touted
  • They may as well throw some money at Slav. Won’t get any better than him.
  • ;nonono ;weep
  • Lukerz said:

Paul Lambert favourite now for Stoke job.

I know, bet he can’t believe it either.

Appointed.

Reported on Beeb etc
  • There’s one gone out the prem then
  • Paul Lambert omg..,..

And we were unsure with Moyes...

Can't believe they sack Hughes and replace him with Paul Lambert....

;scary

Bye bye Stoke...
  • Oh! I can believe they would sack Hughes alright.
  • I don't want to tempt fate but I reckon it looks like we made our decision at the right time.I was open minded re Moyes (I'm happy now by the way) but I'd be gutted with someone like Lambert.
  • The underwhelming appointments are often the most dangerous. Wasn’t convinced b Puel but he’s doing pretty well. I also remember at the time posting that Leicester were destined for relegation when they appointed Ranieiri ;doh ;doh - moreover I distinctly remember one of the Greys (can’t remember which one) agreeing my post ;lol
  • I wouldn’t write him off, all I’ve seen across social media is this appointment being ridiculed, I’m sure that will make him even more determined to ram it back down some of the meeeja’s throats
  • A bit like when we appointed Moyes everyone was saying we would get relegated and how underwhelming it was.
  • Not everyone. ;whistle
  • Pearces

Not sure the comparison holds.

Moyes at least had a long history of managerial success in the PL to point back towards (and call on.)The same cannot be said of Lambert.

He may do an amazing job, but I think the odds are long.
  • I was referring more the social media reaction Moyes has a miles better record
  • Jorderz

And you were right, so you may have a biscuit (but only one, mind.)
  • I wanted Moyes ;wahoo

pauses and ponders (not for too long apparently) whether to recall the infamous Jorderz Arnie's a 'waste of money' post ;whistle ;biggrin
  • Jorderz

And you were right, so you may have a biscuit (but only one, mind.)

I didn't want Moyes, but I was prepared to give him time to prove himself.

What do I get?
  • I didn’t particularly want Moyes, which is a bit strange because I was okay with SA, there again the circumstances were different. (Perhaps the pain of losing Slav played a factor no matter who came in) More than happy to back Moyes though and support him like any west ham manager, he’s doing well and I like a lot of what I see. Getting tough to beat and mugging teams off just like his EFC team did to us on many an occasion

;ok
  • Bazshuayi said:

I wanted Moyes ;wahoo

pauses and ponders (not for too long apparently) whether to recall the infamous Jorderz Arnie's a 'waste of money' post ;whistle ;biggrin
    No idea what you’re talking about and also, have half my biscuit.