The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2017/18 - sackings etc at other clubs - Zidane going/gone

Comments

• I do not care if the rumour originated in Russia, let’s get trolling ;ok
  • I do not care if the rumour originated in Russia
    Would that make it Trumped up?
  • You Putin the boot in there Grey? ;run
  • Yeah, a bit hasty if you ask me, no need to go Russian into these things

Door please

;yercoat
  • Moscow I mean must go got a bar to run
  • Vodka have I started?? ;nonono
  • You ain't seen nothin' nyet!
  • edited January 2018
    More puns ;doh

Tzar very much
  • Slav favourite to take over at stoke?
  • edited January 2018
    Does anybody have the Rodents number to pass onto Stoke...

Or maybe he who can't be named....

Just trying to help. ;whistle
  • Slav favourite to take over at stoke?

Please don't do it Slav ;pray

Horrible club.
  • edited January 2018
    Drives me nuts how Hughes keeps banging on about his achievements with Stoke, and how he raised expectations, and changed their playing style.

Pulis averaged 45points per season over 5 seasons.

Over his 4 full seasons, Hughes averaged 50 points a game season, but this season was likely to drag that figure down. However, Hughes only ever seems to want to be judged on positives. Bet you a pound to a pinch if Stoke go down he'll tell us all how he would have kept them up.
  • He got them 9th three times on the bounce, their highest?

I don't think it's that unfair to bang on about that, yes he was having a difficult time this year, we all have seen that at our club after what appeared to be an upturn with Slav.

I bet you Slav would've told you the exact same regarding keeping us up.
  • 50 points a game is impressive, though.
  • 50 points a game is impressive, though.

Not if you only finish ninth ;lol
  • Oops.

Everyone's a comedian... ;weep

Slizzy

Yeah, but it wasn't like he was taking over a train-wreck of a club, was it?

Pulis had them no lower than 14th, with 11th the highest.

Hughes' last haul of 44 was lower than anything Pulis managed, but he always glosses over that. This season he was heading for worse.

Hughes didn't do badly with Stoke, but I think the way he gets away with spinning what he did as a major achievement is a bit rich.

And their style of play really isn't Stoke-alona, is it?
  • I bet the Wenger out brigade will be as quite as a mouse and that Forest defeat will be water under the bridge, oh that old thing, whilst Hughes is free. It would be the perfect example to accompany the definition of be careful what you wish for.
  • He got them 9th three times on the bounce, their highest?

They finished 4th in 46/47 and 35/36, more recently they finished 5th in 73/74 and 74/75 under Tony Waddington with the likes of Geoff Hurst, Jimmy Greenhoff and Alan Hudson in the team.

Back when it was okay to like Stoke.........
  • Horrible player, and overrated manager would love it if stoke went down
  • Sorry meant to say PL highest, you know when football actually started

;wink
  • Football started on 16th August 1969 when Bobby Moore appeared on the cover of the first issue of Shoot!
  • That’s not correct. Football started the moment Brendon Rodgers secured his first managerial appointment
  • That’s not correct. Football started the moment Brendon Rodgers secured his first managerial appointment

This post was written great character
  • It's an outstanding post!
  • That post was tremendous. Really great. I'm delighted. They way the words worked for each other was outstanding.
  • The best thing about that post was that it was written the right way.
  • edited January 2018
    That post showed terrific intensity
  • As an aside - He really ought to be on Trumps radar ;wink
  • I hadn’t read too much into what I was writing at the time, but looking back at it again, I agree with you all - it is simply the most magnificent piece of prose