West Ham vs Huddersfield 11.09.17 Match Thread

Comments

• Antonio cress and zab have been brilliant
  • When was the last time we managed to play all three of our main strikers in one game?
  • While I'm happy that we've on seriously is anyone surprised that we go 3 at the back and we win keeping a clean sheet.....pretty much like last year
  • Not sure why we are taking Hernandez off for Ayew, poor subs again.

;wink
  • Antonio and Carroll make such a huge difference to our side. Now just need Lanzini back in there.
  • Well that will do ;clap
  • adecoker said:

2-0!

Can I be the first to point out that we have conceded on average 3.3 goals in our previous three league games.

But still yet to concede at home ;scarf
  • Kouyate, Reid, AC back in. Obiang and Antonio back in form. Suddenly so much better.
  • Great win and performance. You know what was the big difference for me? Not playing 4 at the back. It didn't work last season, it didn't work at the start of this. Don't do it again until the league style shifts again.
  • You know what we love on our birthdays?
    3 POINTS!

This is for you Slaven Billic and @McHammer , Happy Birthday both- hope you enjoyed your present! ;scarf ;goal
  • Eski ;ok

Why it took Slav 3 games to realise.

Thought the full-backs were the stand-outs.
  • edited September 2017
    3 at the back so suits us.

Reid played like a sweeper at times, covering for Fonte and Colins.
  • edited September 2017
    does this make me thread match creator for the next game :D
  • edited September 2017
    Brilliant to have more of our best players available - makes such a difference. (More than the formation change did, imo.)

Chica ran around like a lunatic*, but I could see why he was subbed - I don't think he was really affecting the game in the way that AC and Antonio were.

*That's a good thing.
  • How on earth can that be obiangs goal was going no where near the goal .still sooooooooo happy for him
  • Thoroughly, thoroughly deserved win.

Outstanding effort all over the pitch (with the possible exception of Hart. who scarcely did anything... ;wink )

First time in a while we have made a team weaker than us actually look like it. Huddersfield simply didn't have enough to trouble us, because we played to our potential.

Very well planned by Slav and his team, and very, very well executed by the players.

Also really pleased to see Sakho joining in the celebration of the first goal, and players clearly looking to include him.
  • And fair play to Slav

Got some stick bringing on Ayew for Chicharito

But got the vital goal

Brave call
  • Great result & well done to Slav for the substitutions that at the time were a bit......
    Antonio my MOM but there were many who could have been picked..
    3 at the back pls from now on..
    Will be interesting to see if our record signing will start at WBA...
    But tonight was all about the result & we did it ;scarf
  • Fair play to Wagner, who acknowledges we were better and stronger than them on the night, albeit the first goal being fortuitous.
  • @grey_til_I_dye ;lol to be fair to Hart, he was geeing up and shouting instructions to the team all match. Did you see him after the final whistle too? On his knees, double clenched fists, head in his own chest, screaming yes. I think the lads were up for this one...
  • Home win ;biggrin
  • Fonte looks like the player we thought we were signing when we play a back three
  • I was at work talking to one of the doctors on the phone when Obiang's goal was scored. I very nearly deafened him!
  • edited September 2017
    From the BBC match report.

The Hammers...were below par - although the visitors offered little threat.

;hmm

How about, The visitors offered little threat because the Hammers gave them no time, no space and no ball.

Edit - I am amazed to see the match stats, Huddersfield had 57% possession. ;nonono It really didn't feel like that, watching the game. Just goes to show.
  • I think the possession stats were about right because they spent a lot of time passing it between themselves and then back to the keeper and we were happy for them to do it because eventually they gave it to us.
  • Maybe this week they could practice shooting because I've never seen so many air kicks or miscues in one game before.
  • I'll look tomorrow, but I'd be pretty sure the majority of their possession was in their own half.

Our pressing was excellent.
  • Can I point out, that even with our bad start, after 4 games of the season we are only 1 point behind an Everton side that spent £143m in transfers (not including a free transfer Rooney) for an already good side this summer.
This discussion has been closed.