Let's keep it below 4 (Arsenal Away 5/4/2017 match thread)

Comments

• I still maintain that we have no structured training during the week and seem to have no tactical nous or clue what to do. After every game and before the next one they consistently claim that they're working hard and training is good but show nothing to prove it in matches.
    I think when Stam said Oxford was surprised at the intensity of the training he meant that he wasn't fit enough to play 90 minutes. Snodgrass said that training at West Ham was different to Hull, don't know if he meant in a good or bad way, but considering his form since he joined I would imagine the latter.
  • And was Kouyate actually on the pitch tonight ;hmm
  • NEoldiron said:

Just reminded by commentator, last time we last 5 on the trot was 6 years ago and were relegated.

One didn't cause the other. That's just commentator tosh: quote a stat and imply that because it happened before it will happen again. Surely you aren't fooled by that?

You get relegated because of performances over 38 games, compared to the other teams in a league. Not how long your winning or losing or not-losing run is.

• It's horrible supporting such a gutless side!!
  • We are pathetic!!
  • edited April 2017

I still maintain that we have no structured training during the week and seem to have no tactical nous or clue what to do. After every game and before the next one they consistently claim that they're working hard and training is good but show nothing to prove it in matches.

What kind of logic is that?

Losses prove they aren't working hard in training?

If they really were working hard, they'd win?

So how do you explain the wins we have had? And last season's success?

Did they suddenly just decide to get out the deckchairs this year?

And what about other teams - when they lose, are they not working hard in training?

Look at the teams that lost this week - do you maintain they have structured training?

Your logic isn't logical.

Sorry, but think your comment makes no actual sense.
  • How many times have we said "Randolph should've done better" this season?

Not sure what Slav is playing at?
  • Is it possible for Trevor brooking to take charge of the Swansea game?
  • MrsG, of course not. It's just a scarily possible coincidence. ;weep
  • I know we didn't expect to get anything from this game, so my opinion hasn't changed or gotten worse than my opinions before the match, however it cannot be understated how important this weekends game is now.
  • How did Sakho do when he came on?
  • Didn't get injured... ;ok
  • Don't worry he is saving that for next week.
  • I know what I mean but obviously didn't explain it very well.
    Every game we make stupid mistakes, don't track back, can't pass to team mates, give the ball away with regularity, get caught in possession. When we play with a big CF we don't put crosses in but when we play without a target man we put aimless balls into the box.
    Surely in training they should be working on all of these and putting into practice in training matches so there's a chance of bringing it through into league games. If they are working on these things then we must have one hell of a dumb lot of players because it doesn't get through to them.
  • edited April 2017
    I thought we were poor.

I expected a loss, I'm just again disappointed by the manor of it.

For the first time this season I'm not sure where our next point is coming from.
  • I could not see any positives even though we lost by less than 4. Carroll hardly had any supply and didn't win many headers and could not keep hold of the ball. Ayew hardly made his presence felt. The two centre-backs must be the slowest in EPL. Randolph already seemed to be on his summer holidays. Lanzini tried. Antoni didn't seem to be fit. Kouyate at fault for the second goal.

We need now to win on Saturday or we are in trouble. Adrian needs to be recalled. May be play 3-5-3.
  • Oh dear, first Grey last game and now Suzanne this game wondering where our next point is coming from.

It doesn't look like my services are required to spread the doom and gloom as there is already plenty of it about
  • Randolph concedes 3 goals a game, no wonder we lose every week
  • Relegation. Deal with it.
  • Good idea Penge.

But even with 12 players on the pitch we'd still conspire to lose.
  • We will get more points before the end of the season.
    Terrible team and football!!
  • Game was always a loss. All on swansea and sunderland.
  • Interesting facts on the BBC report

Theo Walcott has scored more Premier League goals against West Ham than against any other side (six)

Arsenal have won both Premier League games against West Ham in a season on 10 occasions - more than they have against any other side

Mesut Ozil has scored and assisted in the same Premier League game for the second time this season, with the other game being the reverse fixture against the Hammers

No player has made more errors leading to a goal than Darren Randolph this season (three, level with Simon Francis and John Stones).

Let's hope Slav sees this last one and drops Randolph.

Trouble is Slav thought we were good in the first half, defended well and were good on the counter attack. He obviously overlooked we didn't have a shot during this time.
  • Ozil is world class and Arsenal are now back on track and playing amazing.
    It's incredible what a game against a gutless West Ham team can do for teams.

Utter shambles.
  • Trouble is Slav thought we were good in the first half, defended well and were good on the counter attack. He obviously overlooked we didn't have a shot during this time.

We had three shots in the first half, Lanzini's free kick that went over the bar, Noble and Antonio shot wide.
  • This season worse than at any time in sam's reign
  • edited April 2017
    On a lighter note, I don't know i anyone else heard it, but on the stream I was watching...

when Sanchez fouled Mark Noble around 5mins in the commentator said
    'Mark Noble paying the price for quick feet there - Sanchez couldn't keep up with him.'

That's not something you hear very often ;biggrin
  • Another debacle, if they lose on Saturday I think that we really have a problem,
    and relegation beckons.
    Time for a change and bring back Adrian, and also drop Fonte who had the pass of the night from deep in our box, straight to Ozil who promptly put the ball from outside the box and somehow got past Randolph.
  • Aslef I meant on target. We only had 2 all night and they were after it was game over.
  • edited April 2017
    Thorn - ah, yes, indeed. Arsenal only had two out of six shots on target in the first half, compared to the second half we weren't doing bad.
This discussion has been closed.