Let's keep it below 4 (Arsenal Away 5/4/2017 match thread)

Comments

• I'm just trying not to panic..
    It's difficult tho as at the moment our form is lacking, we are missing important players & other teams around and below us have just got results that haven't helped us...
    If we can get any point tonight I'd be well happy, but come the Swansea and Sunderland games, these are where we need to win...( especially the Swansea game IMO )..
    Hoping for any result that is not a loss tonight, hoping Noble having had a break/ knock and Antonio back will get us something, gotta try be positive...
    Or Sakho to come off the bench to score the winning goal ;pray ;scarf ;scarf
  • 1 of 2 outcomes

1) Arsenal blow us out the water and thump us 5-0 and Bilic is sacked Thursday
    - Alternative we pound Arsenal 3-0 in some miracle game and Wenger walks.

2) We play one of those Arsenal Gutsy performances where Randolph has a Robert Green like performance between the sticks v Arsenal and we keep the game 0-0 till the 88th min then go and lose 1-0 and convince ourselves that performance is a springboard for the rest of the season before being thumped by Swansea.

• edited April 2017
    Eski ;ok

I heard a few people last season say it would be so West Ham to get relegated in our final season at the Boleyn and go into the OS in the Championship.

I said actually what would be more West Ham, would be getting relegated in our first season at the OS.

The team we have is not worthy of the stadium and that is the problem. I honestly felt we'd turned it round when we went up to 9th at the end of Jan. What have we done since...

The side we are going to go with tonight (I expect Andy to be rested):

Randolph
    Byram - Fonte - Collins - Masuaku
    Noble - Kouyate
    Feghouli - Lanzini - Snodgrass
    Ayew

Adrian, Nordtveit, Fernandes, Antonio, Carroll, Calleri, Sakho

I mean 7/11 is Champo standard. That back five could easily be seen lining up against Reading.
  • Team tonight according to an ITK on Twitter (I know):

Randolph
    Noble - Kouyate
    Antonio - Lanzini - Ayew
    Carroll

And Sakho is on the bench.
  • Been chatting to an Arsenal fan at work, he has no confidence that they will win either. We have agreed that somehow this is going to be a game we both lose.
  • edited April 2017
    Sanchez, Walcott and Welbeck v Collins, Fonte and Noble ;nonono
  • edited April 2017
    Although, their third choice keeper is playing; Martinez.

So let's have a few shots on goal lads.

0-4 win and we're 10th ;wahoo
  • I don't think we are going down however this has been an extremely poor season which you simply cannot just pin down to Payet and the stadium.

I think a win and a draw will be enough but being West Ham I don't think we will get those points against the likes of Swansea or sunderland.
  • Adrian really needs to come in for Randolph for me ;hmm
  • edited April 2017
    Official:

Randolph
    Noble - Kouyate
    Antonio - Lanzini - Ayew
    Carroll

Adrian, Nordtveit, Fernandes, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Calleri, Sakho
  • I feel if we want to get a shock result we need a proper keeper.
  • Agree about needing Adrian in. I also have concerns over Ayew starting. He runs around a lot, but I see little impact when he starts. I think he is better when he comes on as sub.
  • The way it's going we need a win tonight.
  • Yeah, Swansea, Hull and Palace all winning at the moment.
  • Fonte had a great 1st half ;thumbsup
  • A couple of decisions gone our way. Arsenal get the dominance towards the end of the half.
  • Swansea winning and middlesborough winning!!! Need a point here or really in trouble ! solid performance so far though! Would like to see Snoddgrass on for ayew as feel his delivery from set piece could make the difference. Also feel Byram is a mistake waiting to happen unfortunately! COYI
  • edited April 2017
    ;ok re Byram.

Less

a mistake waiting to happen

and more 'a mistake waiting to be penalised'.
  • Ali you mean hull winning
  • Snodgrass on for Antonio.
  • yeah hull sorry thornbury
  • James Collins is a man you wouldn't mess with. When he says it's Christmas, start singing carols. Alexis Sanchez unpicks the lock with a delightful reverse pass, but Collins is there to slide in on Mesut Ozil and snuff out the danger. That, sir, is a tackle.
    ;lol ;lol ;lol ;lol
  • Seems only a matter of time at the moment
  • And there we go
  • And there it is.
  • We haven't had a shot on target or a corner yet.
  • Poor from Randy, surely overdue for Adrian to get back in as a few have already been saying.
  • Bilic is a fool for persisting with Randy. Absolute madness.
  • More Keystone Kops defending and awful goalkeeping by Randolph again. Carbon copy of the Mahrez goal.
This discussion has been closed.