Leicester Match Thread (18th March 3pm KO)

14567810»

Comments

• I agree Suz ;ok

I think this season has shown that we have two very dependable back up keepers.
  • Joe Hart ;pray
  • Hart also made some blunders at the weekend...

I don't think his is the GKing Messiah.
  • GK has to come behind 2 x FB, CB, DMF, and 2 Strikers this summer.
  • He's not the messiah... but he's much better than what we have and he is a leader, which we lack IMO (other than Nobes + Reid)
  • As with strikers I don't think we ever replaced Ludo imo same as strikers we never replaced Ashton .

The kid at sunderland pickford looks a good one , as for strikers King at Bournemouth will be one who could be another Defoe .

• Anyone recall why we swapped Adrian for Randy in the first place before calling this comment harsh?

https://www.trollfootball.me/news/view/bojan-krkic-goal-vs-west-ham-1-1
  • Vorse

All keepers make blunders from time to time. I think what sets him apart from what we have is that he commands the area and comes for crosses. I also think he's a better shot stopper than our two.
  • brookings, isn't King a MF?
  • If the reports are true then no Reid, Obiang or Antonio so.......

Randrian
    Byram Fonte Collins Cressuaku
    Snodghouli Noble Kouyate Lanzini
    Ayew Carroll
  • Randy doesn't make the type of blunder that Adrian is capable of but Adrian pulls out more last gasp wonder saves
  • Adrian is more entertaining! ;pray
  • And takes a good pen...
  • MrsGrey , Josh King striker scored 3 against us last week ;ok

Very strong and quick came from Man unt.
  • Scoring 3 against us is no Guarantee of Quality.....................
    #Zaza
  • edited March 2017
    Aslef, I see you're into gene splicing ;biggrin
    Or are you hoping to slip an extra 3 players onto the pitch without being noticed ;biggrin
  • NE - I didn't think it mattered much which three out of those six played as they're pretty much interchangeable
  • billybondsbeard ;ok

Its not as easy as you think only 9 hattrick's this season 2 by lukaku 2 by Kane .

Sanchez
    Vardy
    Rondon
    Andre Gray .
    Josh King .

;ok
  • ok 2 of those where against west ham so you have a point Billy ;lol
  • Adrian had dropped a number of rickets - including running out of his area on a fools errand and conceding goals.

Personally I don't think you could fit a fag paper between them and I'd add a better GK to the summer shopping list.

Well it's time to sort this out... Try and fit a fag paper between the two of them and see which one catches it ;whistle ;run
  • edited March 2017
    What this game showed is that we lack defensive responsibility. Kouyate, for example, gets bamboozled by the free kick routine which led to goal two and after marking Huth initially decides to leave him and mark fresh air. This has always been Kouyate's issue when in midfield. A lack of a football brain. So when he struggles with basic set play marking, how can you rely on him to play as a disciplined DM.

Our second half performance was decent. After all we won it 1-0 and could've scored 3/4. Our play was good and we fashioned clear chances. But the second and third goals can't happen.

We haven't got the balance right between the CB's and full-backs. And then the link between the back four and midfield isn't there defensively. Obiang has been good this season but I think positionally he needs to sit deeper. He snuffs things out but I think he does it 10 yards further up the pitch than he should.
  • The whole back line moved out on the free kick.
  • Agree with all of that Lukerz ;ok

There is often a big gap between Obiang and the centre backs. Either he needs to drop into it, or we need someone in there. For me, our structure should be more of a 4-1-4-1 than a 4-2-3-1. Currently, I don't feel that any of our CMs are disciplined enough to be a defensive minded CM, but to actively change the role to that of an anchor man may change things.

(For the record, that's the role I would like to see Reece Oxford taking in the long run.)
  • ;ok alderz
  • edited March 2017
    Unless we go:

Adrian
    Byram - Collins - Fonte - Cresswell
    Nordtveit
    Snodgrass - Noble - Kouyate - Lanzini
    Carroll/Ayew
  • Unless we go:

Adrian
    Byram - Collins - Fonte - Cresswell
    Nordtveit
    Snodgrass - Noble - Kouyate - Lanzini
    Carroll/Ayew

that team is so unbelievably slow its frightening. But its probably the best we got.
  • Luke if Obiang snuffs things out it doesn't matter where he does it. It's when he doesn't it's a problem.
  • I think the keeper needs to be organising the defence better on set plays , there seems to be a lack of communication.
  • sorry pearces I wasn't listening ;biggrin
  • we are using the international break to work on defending for 90 minutes
    and only allowing the other team to score after we have scored 2 goals .

It makes sense to me ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.