Hart - £15m
    Keane - £15m
    Trippier - £20m
    Wilshere - £25m
    Batshuayi - loan

£75m happy days ;wink

Sell Nordtveit for £30m to China, net spend of £45m

And a sneaky bid for Sanchez as a left wing option
  • Wilshere? Really? For £25m? I'd sooner see Cullen given a go.

Keane is going to a bigger club than us, and I really doubt Bats will come to us either.

Trippier is in your (our) dreams.

So possibly £15m on an error prone keeper, 'cos we don't have any of those.
  • edited April 2017
    Haha it was a tongue in cheek list

Although they'd all improve the squad 100%

This is the same team that has just lost 5 in a row prior to Saturday
  • Don't think we'd get any of those in reality.
  • But my opinion is Joe Hart is a top keeper. But fair enough if you don't rate him.
  • Trippier is a classic case of after the horse has bolted. He had a £3.5m release clause when at Burnley. Who knows if we tried to sign him then or tried hard enough. Before that we could easily have tried for Clyne when he was at palace. But Southampton took a punt on him. It's not as though r/b options have never existed.

It is demoralising to think that Spurs' two right backs are fighting it out to be better than the other and get to start for them

On the other hand when it comes to us and goalkeepers it is more of a race to the bottom where the least worst option will be given the nod.
  • Well be shopping for the Snodgrasses.

Don't like the idea of Zabaleta that I have heard going around in his mid 30s on 80k a week. Seems like a Fonte signing short term with zero sell on value and not something that will get us in the top half.

Defoe on a free seems like an ok back up striker if we are getting another Big Striker in.

Should target Tadic, test out Southamptons resolve again as a nice selling club along side Siggurdsson if Swansea drop. Two good options to replace Payet.

Should look at a proper right back and actually spend a bit in this position...no short term stuff, make Byram compete for his spot if he isn't that good.

Think there are plenty of decent Goalkeepers we can look at to replace Adrian/Randolph. I think Hart is a good option and is attainable, Begovic also, Pickford I think could be the next Butland and worth going in for if Sunderland drop.

Hart - £15m <--- possible
    Keane - £15m <--- not happening and see no point either we don't need another CB get Oxford and Burke in.
    Trippier - £20m <--- no idea why this keeps coming up Spurs end of.
    Wilshere - £25m <--- Wheelchair how many times do we want to shoot ourselves with injury prone players stay clear.
    Batshuayi - loan <--- possible and worth a go if we can get a fee attached to sign at the end of the season clause (problem is Chelsea will be in Europe next season, they weren't this season so he actually might feature next season for Chelsea)
  • I'd be tempted to make a bid for Liverpool's Sakho. I never rated him at LFC but since he's joined a 'lesser' club he looks superb. Maybe LFC was too big for him and the way they play caught him out. Could be available in the summer.
  • Well it seems that playing for a Big Sam side gives you more protection as a defender than playing for a Klopp side. No wonder he's playing better!
  • Adam ;ok

Big Sam gets his defenders to defend. You see that Sakho heads it, clears it, and tackles people.

Klopp (and he's not even the worst for this) wants everyone in his team to be a playmaker, and not everyone is up to it.
  • Sam = muck and bullets.
    Klopp = Lord of the dance.

You need to give your players the job they are capable of, like our Ginge. He's a muck and bullets defender.
  • Lord of the dance ;lol ;nolan
  • I can't really claim it, the Spud in my office coined it. ;biggrin
  • Don't understand this anti-Adrian stuff. He made a couple of errors and has been dropped indefinitely. He has been a great keeper for us and it is time he was allowed back. Has Joe Hart never made any errors?
  • NWC

Or you could argue Randy waited patiently for his chance and has taken it.

Unlike others, I don't think he's been poor enough to warrant dropping.

I don't see Adrian as significantly better than Randy - think they are about equal.
  • I agree that there's not a huge amount between them, but personally think Randy has been as poor recently as Adrian was before he was dropped. Bad misjudgements for a couple of goals, and I feel he is quite poor at corners, especially if he has a scare early on in a match.

Time for Adrian to come back imo.
  • edited April 2017
    It may be just wishful thinking, but I honestly feel if we keep him, he could turn out to be decent for us.

Hope he gets to play up alongside Big Andy in a front 2 over the next few games. I've always thought the big man would be at his best with a partner.

• he's a striker and doesn't score so no...
  • Calleri scored against Boro in January.

He's had 11 Premier League appearances although three of those were less than five minutes and last Saturday was the first time he'd spent more than 45 minutes on the pitch. From the end of October until the middle of January he didn't even get on the pitch, for most of that time he wasn't even on the bench.

Perhaps if we hadn't bothered with Zaza he might have had more of a chance.
  • honestly i have never seen as many sitters missed as Calleri has.
  • I think he could come good. He has missed sitters, but so has Ayew who cost us £20 million. I say keep him.

David Kelly missed a few
  • So just how many sitters has Calleri seen missed? ;hmm
    You never saw Carlton Cole? ;whome
  • ;hmm can we just all agree that we have had a few ;biggrin
  • Jurys out for me. He's young, from the other side of the world and needs time to settle/adjust to the league. Even Tevez couldnt score for love or money for ages when he joined us. His apparent attitude in training, for me, is a big plus
  • I'm in a deja vu situation here, but I think everyone is missing something here with their point about RB, striker, GK etc. An average to good team always needs a magician or playmaker in midfield for us to start going for the top 6 and the big time.

Whenever West Ham have had one they have always done better because these magicians or playmakers, always make everyone else look good, and can pick up the ball in midfield and create a (team) goal in 30 secs. In the last decades we have had a few, but not as many as others have. ~We have had Peters, Brooking, Dickens (a bit), Liam Brady (temporarily) then a long gap to Benayoun, and another big gap to Payet.

Simply put, I would suggest we pay 40/50 mil and get another playmaker (a la Dele Alli) then everyone else will start playing well and we will start to win silverware.
  • Devonshire & Cole I think should be added to the list, but I obviously agree that a top class playmaker makes a difference to the team as a whole. However, they arent easy to find or easy to buy (whatever their cost). Lanzini is a comparative bargain but he needs help in the creativity dept.

Players such as Hazard, Coutinho, DeBruyne who have touch/vision/assists/goals in their repertoire all cost a bomb unless you unearth someone and get lucky AND are able to hold on to them. A club like ours needs more than one main focal point to shoulder the creativity burden or those big clubs will come calling with their cheque books
  • Alan Alan Devonshire ;bowdown

IMG_0233
This discussion has been closed.