Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Strangely enough, I think we should make lots (I mean lots!) of transfers in the Summer ;whistle ;wink ;biggrin ;run

#Bazfers you know it makes sense
  • If we adopt that strategy, we'll end up with a negative points score at the end of it!
  • we signed loads in summer and look at us now , we need 4 top quality players
    imo.
  • Rather we bought 3/4 top quality players to challenge for first team places, we signed too many players recently . Right back / Striker / Creative Midfielder/ Goalkeeper maybe
  • can we make sure we stay up first please ;pray
  • Bring back Adrian for a start.
  • Adrian is no better than Randolph, IMO
  • Someone needs to come in ahead of both of them
  • I agree that we need a lot....but it can't be done in a single window

Spend BIG on 4/5 players

GK
    RB
    CB
    Striker
    and if we have enough money another winger

- - - - - GK - - - - -
    RB - - CB - Reid - - Cressy
    - - Obiang - Kouyate - -
    Antonio - Lanzini - WINGER
    - - - - Striker - - - -

Problem is there isn't any value in the market, we don't have mega bucks and we aren't an attractive proposition atm

Off the top of my head:

GK: Hart £15mil
    RB: Malcuit £10mil & Zabaleta free
    CB: Gibson £25mil (Smalling if not)
    Striker: Modeste £25mil, Defoe free (Batsuyai Loan if not)
    Winger: Sigurdsson £25mil

We could probably improve every position but we lack the funds to do so. I just have to hold out that class is permanent so the likes of Cresswell, Fonte, Adrian, Ogbonna, Ayew, Snodgrass all have something to offer the club despite struggling this year. Promote Oxford as a DM, bring Cullen into the squad and make Kouyate a CM.

Let go of one of Randolph/Adrian, Arbeloa, Calleri, Nordtveit and Sakho. Accept offers for Carroll, Ogbonna, Byram if the right offers come in.

I dont expect us to get much from player sales so doubt we'll have the money for Sig and think Gibson will get better offers

Hart
    Malcuit Reid Smalling Cressy
    Obiang Lanzini Kouyate
    Antonio Modeste Ayew

Squad: Adrian, Fonte, Ogbonna, Zabaleta, Masuaka, Noble, Oxford, Snodgrass, Defoe, Carroll
  • edited April 2017
    I'd sooner see us try for two 'guaranteed' first team players. We've not done great this year, but we don't have a bad squad, and our fit first team is a decent proposition.

As a for instance, Snoddy has been getting pelters, but he's shown he is a more than decent PL player.

I feel part of the issue with the summer window was getting too many players.

Get two players in key positions - a RB to push Brian, and a CF if one is genuinely better than what we have (assuming we keep Sakho) or a proper DM (assuming Slav doesn't think that is what Norty boy is.)
  • Make a proper big offer for hart right at the start of the window. That will make a statement and encourage other decent players to follow suit. The whole foundation of the side can be rebuilt just by signing him IMO
  • edited April 2017
    RIGHT BACK

Please buy an astablised experienced bloke that plays at the right of defence.

Not some bloke who 'could do a bit of a job' at right back.

An actual RIGHT BACK!!
  • What do people think of Zabaleta, kinda get the impression that one is almost over the line

I think he is better than we have but what he lacks is pace....which is currently the thing we are lacking atm

He's a character though which i feel we need
  • edited April 2017
    We won't get Hart and already have Ogbonna who is s good CB. Snodgrass is a proven PL player but not showing it for us.
  • Our first summer signing will be Defoe once he hands in a transfer request the day after they get relegated ;hmm
  • edited April 2017
    Probablyy work out to be a good deal
  • He scored another 2 at the weekend... 4 goals in 10 starts + 4 sub.
  • If he had a full season loan, none of this 'sign him for 20m after 10 appearences' nonsense. I think he would have been ok. Would have had time to settle and Slav could have used him properly.
  • I'm sure Valencia paid a loan fee. Do we think the 18m euros includes that?
  • The Dave's should have constructed the fee so as to make the purchase compulsory after he scored 10 goals for us. That way we could have had him right until the end of his contract without ever having to pay for him
  • Zaza's loan fee €2m (£1.7m)
    Plus €16m (£13.7m)
    Total cost €18m (£15.4m)

One of his four goals was against Real Madrid.
  • Twist

Zaza has put his failure with us down to himself.

It's not always our fault.
  • Kieran Trippier would be a great signing. Just putting it out there...
  • Oh I absolutely agree.
  • Those crosses against Watford...

Should test Spurs mettle with a £20m bid.
  • I'd love to see Trippier here, but I dont think they'd sell to us, and I dont think he'll want to come, with the prospect of CL next year.

A great pity.
  • The thing with Spurs is that they are almost always willing to sell almost all players (particularly squad players like Trippier), but they are exceptionally good at getting the price they want and not accepting a penny less.

They would probably say £25m and not budge.

For me, we can't be spending more than around £15m on him.
This discussion has been closed.