Tomkins - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Kouyate
    Moses - Lanzini - Payet
    Sakho

Randolph
    Kouyate - Fonte - Reid - Cresswell
    Feghouli - Noble - Obiang - Snodgrass
    Antonio - Carroll

Amazing how we've gone from the first team at the start of last season to the side that lined up yesterday. Just incredible how quickly personnel change.
  • We've taken 28 points from our last 18 PL games, with 19 points coming from our past 10 league games.

Those opening 6 games, where we lost five, are basically all that separates us from the top six again.

Would Payet be the reason for that? The first couple of games where he was given all the liberties and was permitted to come back from the Euros.
  • tbf Munich, could we really have got him back much sooner? He (and all the players) are legally entitled to a summer break.
  • Guess who got his first start of the season after those first 6 games.....OBIANG

It's amazing what happens when you have a proper defensive midfielder who just sits in front of the back four.
  • I don't have the exact dates available vut I think it did unsettle the team. There probably was a lot of uncertainty about him. Randy and Ginge didn't go out all that much sooner and they were available to play.
  • Great performance by the Hammers, thought we would do well to get a draw
    to be honest. Obiang had a great game, and thought Snodgrass did much better
    than I expected. A.C. was at his best, causing havoc in their defense, if only he
    could stay fit for a whole season, we would be up there pushing for a qualifying place in Europe.
  • Adrian
    Tomkins - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Kouyate
    Moses - Lanzini - Payet
    Sakho

Randolph
    Kouyate - Fonte - Reid - Cresswell
    Feghouli - Noble - Obiang - Snodgrass
    Antonio - Carroll

Amazing how we've gone from the first team at the start of last season to the side that lined up yesterday. Just incredible how quickly personnel change.

V arsenal in 15/16 first league game of the season?

That wasn't the team - that team had Zarate (who scored) and Oxford in it? And also featured Nolan, Jarvis and Maiga off the bench?
  • Club being classy, as ever.

'Hammers stuff Saints' is headline of match report on OS.

;doh
  • Baracks - no I meant that was the regular side on average for the first few months of that season. ;ok
  • And can I just say I got it completely wrong with Obiang.

At £4.5m, gotta be one of the best bargains in the league for his age?

One of the best DM's currently.
  • Having watched Snodgrass yesterday I think he's an ideal replacement for Payet. He may not have comparable skills but his delivery is very good and his work rate is phenomenal.
  • Thorn ;ok

He's not got as many tricks, but he's definitely got the delivery, and as you say the work rate too
  • edited February 2017
    Anyone want a laugh go onto Saintsweb ;lol
  • Thorn ;ok

Actually changed my view on him. Not the most glamorous signing, but looks and just feels like a proper West Ham player.
  • Snodgrass isn't a like for like replacement for Payet, he's more of a proper winger whereas Payet was a creative playmaker. Now we can play 4-4-2, a formation which wouldn't have worked with Payet's poor defensive capability
  • Anyone want a laugh go onto Saintsweb ;lol

How do they think they'll get relegated? ;lol

It'll be 3 of the current bottom 5 imo. Boro will get out of it.

* I've just sentenced boro to relegation, get your bets on.
  • Anyone want a laugh go onto Saintsweb ;lol

Are they a bit cross?
  • I said at the time I thought the Dave's had done well to sign snoddy and fonte. Prem experienced and bang in form, with therefore the ability to immediately improve our first team.
  • edited February 2017
    Have a feeling Obiang's goal is actually Feghouli's. ;hmm

Think it flicks his heel before going in.
  • I found it quite interesting with Cresswell and Snodgrass.

When Payet was playing, he would cut inside which would leave Cresswell with a one on one vs the right back. Cresswell isn't quick and doesn't take the ball past players, which meant he often played the ball back.

With Snodgrass playing, he often stays wide, which means he occupies the right back. It means that Cresswell has a bit more space to cross the ball and doesn't have to take on players.

Obviously it's only been 1 and a bit games but that's my first impression.
  • It only just came across on the TV but when Obiang picked up the ball for his goal the whole West Ham support shouted SHOOOOT. He did and he scored.
    Cue delirium. ;wahoo
  • Good day out. The team played well as a unit and although a little concerned when they scored first, what a strike by the way, we looked like the team most likely to win imo. Reid and Jose Font baby were very solid and Kouyate just showed he can, and will, play anywhere. I expect to see him in goal soon. ;biggrin
    I was surprised Feghouli got in above Lanzini, didn't know he had flu, but he put in a shift and is still coming to grips with the PL. Noble had his best game of the season and even timed most of his tackles. Led by example.
    AC did what AC does. Hope he's ok. He took on fluids and possibly a tablet late in the first half so hopefully this was just precautionary. I was pleased with Snodgrass as I wasn't particularly over the moon with his signing but he showed that he is a decent Prem player and will do well for us. Antonio played well in patches but his lack of technique caught him out a few times and he slowness in getting back gave away a number of offsides. Randy did his bit with a couple of decent saves and Cressie didn't really feature, which as a FB is not such a bad thing especially after his poor game on wednesday.

So who does that leave? ;hmm

Oh yeah, Pedro Obiang. Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. ;clap ;bowdown ;clap

Great result, decent performance. Southampton weren't Citeh and we dealt with them accordingly. Roll on the Baggies.
  • Was it just me but did Obiang's goal reminded anyone else of when Pottsy scored?
  • MrsGrey said:

Club being classy, as ever.

'Hammers stuff Saints' is headline of match report on OS.

;doh

Proper footballing term.
  • edited February 2017
    Herb

For fans, yes, for 'media reporting'? Not so much, imo.

And, separately, didn't think we 'stuffed' them, anyway.
  • It was pretty comfortable Grey, and away from home. ;ok
  • Was it just me but did Obiang's goal reminded anyone else of when Pottsy scored?

Not really - Pottsy's goal dribbled through the goalie's legs and did not even reach the net!
  • Yeah but I was watching the slo-mo replay on MotD....
  • I didn't see the game yesterday, missed motd last night and this morning, but reading the stats on the BBC website, it don't look like we were 2 goals better than the saints? Where did we dominate? In midfield?
  • Where did we dominate? In midfield?

No. In Hampshire

This discussion has been closed.