Southampton (A) 04/02/17 - 15.00 k/o

Comments

• Reid in the book, and he's not happy with Long, was worried he was going to talk himself into a second immediately for dissent.
  • I don't agree Hants, Saints are offering nothing in attack and haven't really since we equalised. Chances they have had they have done nothing with.

• ;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • According to the stats we've only had 3 shots in the entire game
  • Calleri looking to come on, for Feghouli for me but could be Snodgrass I suppose.
  • Hull 2 - Liverpool 0

Now we all like to see that :)
  • It's for Feghouli

5 mins of extra time
  • Slav's obviously reading this, Calleri on for Feghouli.
  • 5 mins extra- thought it would be more. Caller I time! ;scarf
  • edited February 2017
    Away win.

Who would have thought it.

;biggrin
  • And on a pitch exactly the same size as ours!! ;wink
  • According to the stats we've only had 3 shots in the entire game

We didn't look interested in attacking most of the time we had the ball and we were wasting a lot of time. Still, very happy with a first win at that ground.
  • Obiang best player on the pitch
  • Just looking at bbc pics. Big Andy looks happy so ok methinks. ;biggrin
  • edited February 2017
    Great result - defence were immense in keeping their shape and limiting Southampton.

Man of match for me was Obiang but Snodgrass looks a great buy with lots of energy insight and a will to win. Carroll superb until taken off and a genuine 20m striker. He stays fit we only get better.

However we would still have got tonked by City today, and that's no criticism of us, just a recognition of the fact they have players that Southampton simply don't have.
  • Well played the whole team. What I liked about this performance was people moving, looking for the pass which meant we hardly had to go backwards to Randolph.
    Good games by the new boys especially Snodgrass who put in a full shift.
  • After we took the lead I thought we were in control, after the 3rd I was very confident... however, once we took Carroll off we offered nothing going forward which is a bit worrying for me.
  • Thought Snodgrass had a good enough game compared to Feghouli to start ahead of him if Lanzini is fully fit for West Brom.
  • Great result, they might have had 22 attempts, but me watching it , it didn't seem that much, or rather too many panic situations...
    Well done Slav and the squad after a rather subject performance in the week...
    Never doubted him

;scarf
  • I hope this doesn't come back to bite us. If it does Slav needs to go

Talk about an over-reaction.

And since it didn't, i guess you are happy for him to stay?

Not sure how anyone could be disappointed with the result or the performance.

Thought we were really well-organised, and played like a unit for a change.

I thought Snoddy was immense, especially 2nd half.

He's got ability, clearly, but he adds an absolutely top work-rate to that.

With him and Big Andy up top, defences are going to get no rest at all.

In previous games we've been punished for going gung-ho at teams; today, imo, we were more sensible, and played the game that was in front of us.

• Very happy. ;wahoo

I have theory, that when they referred to Lanzini's flu, it was the same as what Slav ws hospitalised for. I think it was gastric flu (what Americans call flu, rather than being influenza).

Also, I noticed AC taking on extra water and talking to the physio quite early on .. wonder if it was same thing? And that's why his was subbed. ;hmm
  • And how classy was Slav at the end, giving his beanie hat to a ball-boy he'd had a brief pop at earlier.
  • Also, ;bowdown to Slav, who gave his beanie hat to the ball boy/steward at the end, to apologise for having a go at him earlier. ;carew
  • ;doh

;yercoat
  • Are you two sat at laptops next to each other seeing who can post the same comment first??

;lol
  • No.

I use a desktop. ;wink
This discussion has been closed.