The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

1373839404143»

Comments

• Wolves getting Traore for that price is a game changer. Going to be a great season in the Prem this year one thinks. I hope palace keep hold of Zaha - will keep it very competitive.
  • Hard not to be impressed with most clubs pulling off big moves

Palace have Meyer.....may still get Antonio
    Everton got Digne, Bernard & Richarlison
    Leicester pulled off a great move with Pereira, plus Maddison, Ward, Evans are all smart signings
    Lerma is highly rated, plus Rico seems like a solid keeper for Bournemouth
    Brighton signings carry some risk but if they replicate the form they showed at their old club they are good moves
    Fulham spent £70mil......
    Wolves almost spent close to that.....
    Saints have spent around £60mil

Still think our business is greater than the above clubs.....but it's gonna be a great & competitive season
  • Pezza on KUMB says 3 in 2 out tomorrow.

Perez In
    Hugill Out

Being one of the ins and one of the outs.

Sanchez and ?

Fernandes going ?
  • Hugill has already been announced. ;hmm
  • Byram I suspect will be going out on loan.
  • MNLH,

Trust is earnt and when Pelle brings in the type of defensive midfielder we have lacked for seasons then he will be on the correct path to get the trust of all those supporters who can't fathom why he didn't address this problem earlier in the window. IMHO I am not alone in holding these concerns.
  • Mark Noble, Rice and Obiang can all play defensive midfield. I think some fans are hysteric over it - mainly because it’s something to hold over the owners heads.
  • Rice hasn’t really been tried much in that position, however if Obiang and noble are so adept as a DM then why have we been carved up so easily of late from a defensive point of view?
  • Noble is not a DM.
  • IMO, you have to defend as a team. You can't just rely on buying one player to solve our defensive frailties. Take Man City for example. For all De Bryunne's attacking flair last season, I saw on numerous occasions him tracking back and winning the ball back. Now if we can defend as a team properly, then I see us not conceding quite so many. Also there were many individual boo boos as well. If we cut them out we will definitely have a better goal difference. All easier said than done.
  • While I do agree, city were substantially worse when Fernandinho wasnt on the pitch which is why theyve attempted to find a replacement for him this summer

DM is so important as it requires such intelligence, Rice may be a option but its a lot of pressure for someone who is still a teenager
  • You don’t need a degree in defensive midfield to play there. Roy Keane was a right midfielder. Stick him in defensive midfield and he owns it. I think Noble would own it too if that was his only job.
  • I agree on the degree. However, attributes wise, a DM ideally would excellent in the tackle, quick over short distances, distribute well and be a great reader of the game (off the top of my head). I'm not sure Nobles tackling (or speed) is up to scratch for a DM although he could fill in temporarily there. Obiang or Rice will be in front of him for that position I'd imagine unless we do actually bring someone in before the deadline
  • Noble would be 3/4th choice. Keane wasn’t a great example, I think Scholes is better, as he played anchor/holding role, and is terrible at tackling (and was originally a attacking midfielder). Rice is perfect for the role, much better than any 25m player I have seen us linked to. He is two footed, good in the air and I can’t remember seeing him give the ball away. I think we haven’t truly played a formation for a dm, to know how any of our current players suit the role, but Noble would be great in the holding role, which is really a dm in my book.
This discussion has been closed.