West Ham v Brentford (H): Sunday 3rd October; 14:00

Another day, another match thread. The Jorderz/alderz tryst is becoming a distant memory as the OCS match-thread juggernaut ploughs through three competitions.

Back to the league this weekend, and another tough game. Brentford seem to have arrived in the PL with no fear and plenty of talent, so we can't afford to take them lightly.

Johnson for Coufal the likeliest change from the starting eleven v Leeds, otherwise I expect to see the same line up. Hopefully Antonio made it through tonight unscathed and will be ready to continue his remarkable form.

I think there'll be goals; my early prediction is an entertaining 2-2 draw. I'll hopefully be on hand from kick-off to correctly predict our goalscorers by calling them useless moments before they score.

Comments

• Its not on TV, Sky Sports are showing Palace v Leicester instead

Just ridiculous that during lockdown they showed every match on TV but now we get this
  • This will be a really tough game

Glad we managed to rest some players but those that were rested came back off the bench to close the game out, gonna be tough on the legs for some of those

Fab
    Coufal Zouma Oggy Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Fornals Benrahma
    Antonio

Expecting a good game, could be a fair few goals in it
  • Its not on TV, Sky Sports are showing Palace v Leicester instead

Just ridiculous that during lockdown they showed every match on TV but now we get this

Hopefully Footypass will have this one. They've been a pretty reliable site for streams this season.
  • I want Bowen to score ,Think he needs one
  • steve, I'll be happy if anyone scores for us =) .
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • edited October 2021
    Harken ye to the words of Moyes

"Coufal has a chance, I am not sure about Ryan Fredericks., They're both not bad and there's a chance they could both be available."

Frank plays 3-5-2, 10 players have started all six matches with a bit of tinkering in the centre of midfield.

CB Ethan Pinnock who will have a late fitness test for his hip which he injured against Liverpool (replaced by Zanka)

Raya
    Ajer - Jansson - Pinnock???
    Canos - Norgaard - ?????? - Janelt -Henry
    Toney - Mbuemo

Benrahma to score cos its his old club
  • A big opportunity tomorrow with Man U playing Everton and Liverpool playing city, three points would put us right in amongst it before the international break. The only problem is Brentford will be thinking exactly the same thing.
  • Lawro has gone 2-0 West Ham.

That's the run over then.
  • Brentford's physicality has been a key part of their armoury this season but they might not get away with too many robust challenges in this one with the picky Peter Bankes in charge. Yes, the sample size is small but Bankes has awarded 56 fouls in two games this season, averaging 28 per game. When you factor in the Premier League average over the last two seasons is just below 19 per game, Bankes stands out as a strict referee. Since the start of last season he averages just over three cards awarded per game too, which puts him in the top five of card happy referees in the league.

A way to combine Brentford's feisty approach and Bankes' tendency for a card, is to take the 5/6 with Sky Bet for Brentford to pick up more booking points (10 points for a yellow, 20 for a red) than the Hammers. Of the ever-present Premier League teams in the last two seasons, only Arsenal and Manchester City have committed less fouls than West Ham, who also have picked up the second fewest yellow cards in that time.

From sky sports, found it interesting.
  • Imo Peter Bankes is not worthy of his newly acquired ( last year) FIFA badge..
    Very fussy, poor decision maker and overrated…Possibly the worst of select group 1 referees IMO , let’s hope he has a good day tomorrow and not spoil it…
    COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • We absolutely need to smash these lot. My Brentford has annoyed me for years and I can’t accept us losing.
  • I feel nervous about this one.
  • Unchanged from last week
  • Reckon there be streams for this as the match isn’t on Sky or BT? Hoping there is but might have to make do with commentary in another language.
  • Unchanged from last week

Can't argue with that. Our current best 11. Just hope players still have the energy.

Feeling a Fornals goal today. COYI!!
  • Brentford make two changes from last week, Shandon Baptiste in for Frank Onyeke in midfield and Mathias Jorgensen (aka Zanka) replacing Kristoffer Ajer in the back three.

The other nine have started every Premier League game this season

Ajer isn't on the bench so injured or ill
  • Bowen due a goal surely
  • Lukerz said:

Bowen due a goal surely

If he cancsort out his finishing

Hes been great but his finishing as been very poor

Nervous about today, they have real energy about them and they have no fear
  • All set for this one .dog asleep,wife somewhere .coffee in hand ,beer in fridge .wine uncorked .What could go wrong =)
  • Their long throw guy Sorenson is not even on the bench, so that's a little less to worry about.
    COME ON YOU IRONS
  • Are we playing today ,Because all i am hearing is about Liverpool or spurs
  • Their formation suggests they could be hard to break down.
  • Janelt replaced by Onyeke, apparently had a thigh problem in the warm up
  • Coffee and beer? Surely the beer comes first.
  • Could be 2 down already...
  • Someone should tell them we’ve kicked off.
  • This is like West Ham of old, I haven’t missed this 🤦‍♂️ Wake up please lads.
  • We'll let them huff and puff, then we'll blow their house down.
  • A matter of time before they score at the moment.