West Ham v Brentford (H): Sunday 3rd October; 14:00

Comments

• Bowen misses with a header. Fella ain't scoring this season.

Bump
  • Ref is hopelessly out of his depth
  • Ref is hopelessly out of his depth

Maybe there's a shortage cos all the EU refs went back home after Brexit...
  • Slightly wierd there, why aren’t our training coaches attending to Rices cramp, at one point he was being aided by two Brentford players
  • Poor again from Fab
  • Oh well..

We did that to Leeds, so we get the same feeling.
    Not good....
  • unbelieveable late goals costing us or winning us games
  • edited October 2021
    OMG that hurts, really really brutal,
  • Time for Fab to be replaced
  • Deserved a point from that game. Horrible way to lose it.

Now it's a long wait for a chance to put it right.
  • Didn’t deserve to lose

New boys using their luck which often happens when it’s a fairytale story
  • edited October 2021
    Ogbonna IMO is having a poor season so far, gave away that foul which was not needed and generally not up to par with his performances of last season.

We had enough chances to get a win, didn't take them, our own faults for being wasteful, having a shocker of a start to the game and left to think about a poor weekend, poor result, & poor ref ( I did warn you all about him )....

A weekend to forget...

We move on, and Luke, Fab IMO was no more at fault than Ogbonna for giving away a very cheap foul.
  • And poor from Ogbonna giving away the foul
  • Disappointing. But it won't be the last game we lose. Just feels a bit grrr because we battered them in the 2nd half.
  • Next few games aren’t going to be easy so today’s result is a tad disappointing.
  • dominated the 2nd half, couldn't even remember Brentford having a shot in it. I thought with the chances we had after the break it was just a case of when for us. That chance Soutek and Antonio just missed maybe was the one :( There were some words spoken a few minutes ago!!
  • Lukerz said:

And poor from Ogbonna giving away the foul

Yeah, but if he hadn't and they'd scored from open play that move we'd have been saying he should have stopped the move by hook or by crook.
  • unbelieveable late goals costing us or winning us games

Best league in the world 😅
  • Another poor start cost us. Unlucky as we dominated that second half. Not entirely his fault but I really think we need to switch our GK's around
  • Brentford = The new Bournemouth.
  • Behind spurs in the league now :(
  • edited October 2021
    Daylight robbery.

Lukerz said:

Time for Fab to be replaced

His poor punching or failure to catch/hold on to the ball has cost us so many goals.

• Disappointing result. We seem to have habit of losing the first game against newly promoted teams. Ogbonna had a poor game. He was caught napping for the first Brentford goal and gave away a needless foul for the second. He also seemed too slow. Time for Diop to step up. Fabianski looked a bit shaky too. Like to see Areola for the next EPL game.
  • edited October 2021
    Hamstew said:

Another poor start cost us. Unlucky as we dominated that second half. Not entirely his fault but I really think we need to switch our GK's around

And Ogbonna out for either Dawson or Diop IMO..
    Not that Zouma actually covered himself too well today either.....
  • Really disappointing. Fabianski really should've done better with that header.
  • What a terrible day of football
  • Bowen misses with a header. Fella ain't scoring this season.

This aged ………

• Hard to take,but I thought it was a really good game of football. Proverbial game of two halves and I thought Brentford were top drawer in the first half hour but we bossed it after that and yeah, tough to take.