West Ham v Brentford (H): Sunday 3rd October; 14:00

Comments

• Definitely second best at the moment.
  • This has been our worst start in a long time.
  • We are not even second best at the moment. Get a grip lads.
  • Not much different from last week or any other week, slow start, maybe conceed a goal then come back and we thump them in the 2nd half
    Don't panic
  • Yep was always going to be very tough this

They may be newly promoted but playing like a top four side currently
  • All one way at the moment, Brentford look top notch.
  • We seem to struggle against the high press. Brentford have been good value for this lead. We could potentially match their 3-5-2 which we may have to if Antonio is swallowed up by the three centre backs.
  • Need to just stick to the long ball for this. We are trying to play through them but with 3 CMs & 3 CBs it’s going to be tough
  • It is the extra man they have in midfield which is the problem. They are not allowing Soucek or Rice any time.
  • Yeah, surprised Moyes didn't change it up. Could've matched them with Kral in the middle and Bowen up front with Antonio.

Think it may happen in the second.
  • need to Match them and go 3-5-2. This isn't working
  • Benrahma with a couple of chances. One saved, one just wide. We've grown into the game, but still not quite at it.
  • Another good opening, but Coufal's cross couldn't find Antonio.

We're getting there, but it just has a feeling of one of those games.
  • We couldn’t get to grips with the first 20 minutes. Had we done so I think we’d be 1-0 up at HT but we really struggled with their pace & press.
  • COYI⚒ Patience please ladies and Gentlemen.

We will spank them, or my name is not Wombat the Bold.
  • Overall no qualms over being behind, we were slow out of the gate but pleased to see that we were able to get back into it and managed to created a couple of decent half chances. To be fair, Toney does appear to be the real deal.
  • Coufal’s touch has been off at some key attacking moments. The game’s still open for us.
  • Coufal’s touch has been off at some key attacking moments. The game’s still open for us.

Yeah, he's not been great so far. But no-one has to be fair.

Frustrating half; we were second best pretty much across the park but still had chances. Hopefully we'll convert in the second. Can Brentford continue at this pace, or will they do a Leeds and slow down after 60 minutes?

Yep - it’s just that some of these mistakes are really unusual for him! I think he’s got better during the half though.
  • I don't like playing teams that wear yellow.
  • Really poor so far. Need to start doing better in the first half.
  • We are getting into this now and if we can get a goal in the first 15 minutes of this half I think we will go on to win it, the issue is as we push looking for it we need keep tight at the back. Not comfortable with Zouma on that yellow with this ref.
  • edited October 2021
    Grew into the game after Brentford dominated the first 25-30 mins..
    We've had a chance or 2 but Benrahma a little wasteful ( little )....
    Need to get to grips in the middle, Rice and Soucek outnumbered, if we can all see it, sure Moyes can.
    At 1-0 down, still very much in it..COYI.
  • We need to change things up ...........So i have changed rooms and switched to wine
  • Antonio needs to release the ball quicker this half
  • Ref likes his whistle, doesn't he

Frustrating half; we were second best pretty much across the park but still had chances. Hopefully we'll convert in the second. Can Brentford continue at this pace, or will they do a Leeds and slow down after 60 minutes?
    Was thinking this too.
  • Thought this ref liked to book people ,At lest 2 Brentford players should have yellow
  • This was a difficult time to play Brentford when they're feeling so good about themselves.