Euro 2020 Knockout stages

Round of 16 starting today. Come on Wales :-)

Comments

• I’m very neutral for this one. I usually want the home nations to do well, but wouldn’t begrudge the Danish players succeeding at all
  • Whoever wins gets Holland or Ukraine
  • Would quite like Wales if not for Bale
  • Come on you Danes.
  • Who was the Welsh defender who obligingly got out of the way of the ball, did anyone notice?
  • Three bad errors from the referee today
  • Gareth Bale, the love child of...

• edited June 2021
    I remember some people saying we're in the difficult half of the draw and I repeated it. Looking at the draw now I don't think it's that bad. If we can beat Germany then the other teams in our half aren't as bad as in the other half. Admittedly Holland are in it but the other half has France, Portugal and Italy.
  • And Belgium
  • Wow! To be fair Thats a tough group of teams. I know the adage " you have to beat the best to win" but I'd rather meet them further down the line. Come on lads, one great performance and perhaps I'll actually believe we can get to a final.
    A long way to go I know but I can drram and see no reason why we can't
  • England are clearly on the easier side. I think none of us realised it because it was hard to see how the draw would fall and we just saw that England would be playing France/Germany/Portugal.
  • ' wonderful feet for a big man'
    Thanks for the cliche, Danny!
  • Reminds me, we haven't had a game of commentator bingo for a while...
  • Forza Italia !!! 🇮🇹
  • I think the 'not making excuses but Wales have travelled a lot' was wheeled out in quick succession by Savage, Hughes and even dear old Gaby
  • nice to see the Italians rediscover their rolling around dramatically credentials:)
  • Arnieeeeeeee
  • Offside i think.
  • Arnie offside
  • IronHerb said:

I think the 'not making excuses but Wales have travelled a lot' was wheeled out in quick succession by Savage, Hughes and even dear old Gaby

But not by any actual players or managers?
  • They didn't have to, everyone has said it for them hahaha
  • MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

I think the 'not making excuses but Wales have travelled a lot' was wheeled out in quick succession by Savage, Hughes and even dear old Gaby

But not by any actual players or managers?
    They were still calling for the foul.
  • nice goal and Arnie off
  • Well done Italy !!! 🇮🇹
  • nice to see the Italians rediscover their rolling around dramatically credentials:)

I didn’t even realise Grealish was an Italian name.😀

• Whoever wins gets Holland or Ukraine

Arrghhhh Holland or Czech Rep

• Great see Tommy Soucek as Czech skipper.
    Hope they do it.
  • Coufal is really involved against the Dutch, but keeps giving the ball away. His passing is poor - not like him at all.