Everton (H) - Sunday 9th May, 16.30pm

Now we're sucking diesel.

Comments

• Tony Cottee derby
  • 2-1 home win. Simple.
  • Slaven derby.
  • The Danny Williamson derby.

I honestly have no idea which way this one will go. We could quite easily win by 3 or 4, or just as likely lose by the same amount.

But I guess you have to go same line up and formation, unless Ogbonna (for Diop) and Rice (for Lanzini) are available.
  • It's hard to know for sure but looks like Rice could be back for this

Not sure who I'd bring him in for, thought all 3 of Lanzini, Benrahma and Fornals were fantastic today but one of them would make way
  • Can we all agree that Jorderz isn't allowed to change his profile pic.
  • The David Unsworth Derby

I agree, Oggy for Diop if he’s back, and Rice for one of the CAMs. Probably Lanzini. Seeing how Villa turned Everton over by going at them I think high energy, high pressing is where it’s at.
  • Attack, knock the heart out of them. They're as flaky as the Hammers of yore...and as capable of having a top performance against a top team. Which right now is West Ham United. I've made myself nervous again...🥺
  • Genuinely think this game is the battle for top 6. I just cant see us winning 5 games on the bounce to potentially get top 4. Should be a good game.
  • alderz said:

The David Unsworth Derby

Does that mean we have to stop off at Birmingham at half time?
  • Very real chance we will end the season now multiple players into double figures for goals scored...some achievement

Soucek, Antonio and Lingard are all on 9 goals and Bowen has 8....

Only had 5 players that have got to 10 goals
    Antonio 2019/20 - 10 goals
    Arnautovic 2018/19 - 10 goal
    Arnautovic 2017/18 - 11 goals
    Sakho 2014/15 - 10 goals
    Nolan 2012/13 - 10 goals
  • Soucek's got 10 already , if you include his own goal against Arsenal 😢
  • Ok, who do we think will get to ten goals first? I vote Soucek from a corner. Followed by Antonio, Lingard and Bowen with a couple against Southampton =)
  • All of them same match 😂
  • Antonio 3 goals away from being our top Premier league goal scorer. Noble only 2 goals way. Di Canio holds record with 47
  • I think that tells the story of our failure to really sign an out and out striker for such a long time. Noble is a defensive midfielder, who I guess is there due to penalties, whilst Antonio started out a winger, was played as a full back and then back to the wing and has now become a striker due to none of our signed strikers being able to hit a barn door.
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Diop - Dawson - Cresswell
    Souček - Lanzini
    Fornals - Lingard - Benrahma
    Antonio

If Rice is available you have to consider him for Lanzini & if Ogbonna is fit, him for Diop.
  • Oggy for Diop, maybe, but I would stick with Lanzini and see what happens. Bring on Rice if it’s not working.
  • The Don Hutchinson Derby.
    It is nice to be thinking it would be slightly unfair for whoever Rice replaces?
  • I thought there was a separate thread for the derby business.
  • edited May 2021
    Sorry must have posted in wrong thread😕
  • No the other thread is just where we tried to work out if there were any clubs we didn’t have derbies with. This is the Don Hutchison Derby and nobody can tell me otherwise.
  • Any news of Ogbonna? He would give the defence confidence. I'm hoping Moyes is also confident enough to play Lanzini in MF, if Rice is not ready to start. Aim for one point and we'll get none.
  • Don Hutchinson is one of my favorite pundits around....
    same line up ( apart from Ogbonna for Diop if fit ) ....
    COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Lawro has it as 2-0 and Sky as 2-1.
  • Lawro has gone 2-0? To us?

Is... is this the end of days?
  • It guarantees a defeat even more than my Champions League pic. Thanks, Mark.
  • West Ham win followed by a Newcastle win and Burnley win.
    Brighton and Southampton will be safe and on the beach and West Brom already relegated.
  • Moyes says Rice is close to returning

"He’s back on the grass and closing in on it and we’ll try and get him back as soon as we can."

He said pretty much the same thing about Antonio at the last press conference
  • That’s Rice starting then