Everton (H) - Sunday 9th May, 16.30pm

Comments

• "He’s back on the grass".
    If this statement was about anyone else from the previous decades you'd be worried.
    Almost sounds like rehab. =)
  • Double bluff.
  • Double Puff you say 🤔
  • I’m terrified for this game already.
  • So is this right, if Chelsea don’t beat City today, we are guaranteed to finish in the top four if we take 12/12 points from our final 4, given Chelsea and Leicester play each other?
  • Don't worry Jorderz, comfortable home win.

COYI
  • Lukerz said:

So is this right, if Chelsea don’t beat City today, we are guaranteed to finish in the top four if we take 12/12 points from our final 4, given Chelsea and Leicester play each other?

I did a quick mental check yesterday and I think it’s correct.

If Chelsea lose today, 12 points guarantees us top four as Chelsea and Leicester won’t both be able to surpass 70.
  • Could we not lose out on goal difference if we all have 70 points?

I’m sure WHU will keep us on edge until the end of the last day, so clear out behind the sofa.🙈
  • If Chelsea lose today then I don't think it's possible for all three teams to get to 70.
  • If Chelsea lose today then I don't think it's possible for all three teams to get to 70.

Yes, you’re right Jorderz. I won’t cancel the Valium order yet though!
  • Need to win all four games as the pundits think Liverpool will finish in the top 4 & they can’t get higher than 69pts with winning their last five matches.
  • Not really worried about what the pundits think. Half of them are Liverpool fans anyway.
  • edited May 2021
    Yes, and the other half are scousers.
  • You’re entitled to your own opinions but somebody called Lawrenson said they would win their last five games and finish in the top 4! 😀
  • You’re entitled to your own opinions but somebody called Lawrenson said they would win their last five games and finish in the top 4! 😀

And he very rarely predicts them to win, does he?
  • We’re now guaranteed to stay in 5th position this weekend no matter what anyone does unless we win by 11 goals.
  • If Chelsea lose by 3 goals then we only need to win by 8.😂
  • Lukerz said:

So is this right, if Chelsea don’t beat City today, we are guaranteed to finish in the top four if we take 12/12 points from our final 4, given Chelsea and Leicester play each other?

I did a quick mental check yesterday and I think it’s correct.

If Chelsea lose today, 12 points guarantees us top four as Chelsea and Leicester won’t both be able to surpass 70.
    I don’t even think Chelsea have to lose today, a draw will still be enough for us to guarantee top four with 12 points
  • MIAHammer said:

We’re now guaranteed to stay in 5th position this weekend no matter what anyone does unless we win by 11 goals.

Well there goes our chance of 4th this weekend!
  • Everton news

Abdoulaye Doucoure is fit, James Rodriquez isn't.

• I prefer it that way.
  • I'm so nervous I'm going out for the day.
  • Sky just showed a clip of the West Ham players walking around the pitch in training gear. Rice was amongst them in his training gear and not ripped jeans
  • Mind games
  • Unchanged from Monday and Rice not on bench.
  • Team for today.
    West Ham starting XI: Fabianski, Coufal, Dawson, Diop, Cresswell, Soucek, Benrahma, Fornals, Lanzini, Lingard, Antonio.

Subs: Balbuena, Yarmolenko, Bowen, Ogbonna, Fredericks, Johnson, Odubeko, Coventry, Randolph.
  • Everton starting XI: Pickford (GK), Coleman, Keane, Mina, Godfrey, Digne, Allan, Davies, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin.

Subs: Holgate, Delph, King, Doucoure, Iwobi, Nkounkou, Bernard, Gomes, Olsen.
  • Good to see Ogbonna back in the squad.