Everton (H) - Sunday 9th May, 16.30pm

Comments

• Do well if we salvage a point here as we’ve been pretty ineffective. Too easy for Everton and they’ve been much quicker at everything.
  • High Energy devoid of quality though. Looks like two teams of Shane Longs just running and doing nothing really. Going to need a massive second half.
  • Good first half ( not scoreline )...
    Biggest downer - Lanzini
    Biggest miss - Benrahama..
    All to play for in 2nd half...
    Remaining positive for a comeback win...COYI
  • Don't think we've been particularly poor. They had one chance and took it. We had a great one with Said and missed it.

Pretty even, IMO.
  • I think it’s been pretty even tbh. They got a very easy goal, but otherwise they haven’t made much. We’ve had decent possession, but struggling to break them down. I kind of wanted Fredericks on for Lanzini to give us some more natural width. It’s too congested in the middle with their back 3 and 2 holding mids
  • Again he misses his finishing is poor imo
  • Everton look the better team, very good defensively. We need a moment of magic I feel which means Lingard or Benrhama, who is off the pace so far today and has been wasteful.

I am still trying to work out how Rice manages to finish the England game without even being taken off but picks up an injury within it which causes him to miss seven matches and counting.
  • It’s far too slow

Everton are so comfy to be fair
  • Godfrey has made 4 passes past our midfield that we haven't dealt with... One if which led to their goal.
  • To be fair I have enjoyed the game, it is not as if we are playing badly, we just seem to be losing out on a bunch of 50/50 balls in midfield, the other day we generally came away with the ball but today has a slightly different feeling about it.

There is not much in it

COYI
  • The goal was poor. Fab needs to do better to bail us out & Dawson was poor

We’re going through the motions compared to Monday, chalk & cheese
  • It’s really terrible defending that’s given them their lead. That’s it
  • Alan Smith, co-commentating, either really hates West Ham or does not know the game at all.
  • Come on Moyes, get them going.
  • Lukerz said:

The goal was poor. Fab needs to do better to bail us out & Dawson was poor

Could be to do with we not playing Burnley....
  • Lukerz said:

The goal was poor. Fab needs to do better to bail us out & Dawson was poor

Could be to do with we not playing Burnley....
    Possibly but the intensity is poor, that’s the players
  • Troy deeney winds me up
  • Difference seems to be that Everton see the importance of this game but we don’t. Defeat here and I think European football of any kind may be out of reach.
  • 32 chances so far for benrahma since he arrived simply not good enough imo
  • Surprised to see comments about intensity. Feel like I'm watching a completely different game.

I think we've moved the ball quickly and been direct in our running and dribbling. If anything, we've rushed things a bit.

They've just been very organised so far.
  • Time for us to step up we can still get something from this
  • Cuz1 said:

32 chances so far for benrahma since he arrived simply not good enough imo

He definitely should be off the mark, but I can’t think of any particular chance that he should have scored, other than the one today. It’s not like he’s had a bag of howlers
  • edited May 2021
    Next goal is big, feel if Everton score that might be curtains for this game. Get the next goal and i think Everton could crumble.
  • We are asleep again.
  • Apart from the ball being on the ground, can someone explain to me the difference between Antonio’s foul on the wing there and the one on him by Keane in the first half?
  • We can’t control the ball and now Creswell’s injured himself.
  • Look at the bench and think we have no game changers
  • Cresswell down, after stretching to save himself after miscontrolling