Other matches 23rd - 29th April, Premier League, Carabao Cup, Champions League, Europa League, etc.

Arsenal v Everton 8pm Sky

Everton haven't won in the League since WBA (A) 4th March but Calvert-Lewis is back in training

Aubameyang is still getting over a bout of malaria and Lacazette has a hammy. Tierney also injured.

Comments

• A gallimaufry thread!

• It covers a multitude of sins...
  • MrsGrey said:

A gallimaufry thread!

#MrsGProvidingAnotherGoogleMoment
  • Gallimaufry - isn't that where Dr. Who comes from ? ;)

• To save people the effort
  • I thought it was a golf course in Scotland
  • Excellent word - Google says it perhaps originates from galer ( have fun ) and mafrer ( eat copious quantities ) - I didn't realise there might be a word that summed up my main aims in life.
  • Shocker from Leno lets Everton take the lead late on
  • I think with Arsenal 9 points behind with 5 matches left they wont finish ahead of us, worst case scenario now is 8th.
  • edited April 2021
    Which, if we had all been offered that after losing our first two games of the season, I think we’d all have taken it. I think today might not go our way either, but those final 5 games do give us an opportunity to make up for a couple of bad weeks.
  • Come on Newcastle .Saying things i never dreamed i would this season .
  • Liverpool 1-0 up already
  • Newcastle were never getting anything from this. They really are a bang average side. Which make our two defeats to them even more ridiculous.
  • Yep, those 6 points could be the ones we look back on in May and say ‘that cost us top 6’.

However, just to add, top 8 is a fantastic season. Yes, would be a missed chance, but this side has come a long way.
  • Newcstle cant be that bad after all they beat a top 6 side twice =)
  • ASM is so far out of Newcastle’s league. The other players are just not even in the same postcode.
  • How jammy are Liverpool
  • We've been robbed by VAR and we're not even playing!
  • HAHA lets laugh at Liverpool
  • Lol!! 1-1 anyway!! Last kick of game
  • Ridiculous!
  • Sweet oh so sweet
  • Liverpool, that is.
  • edited April 2021
    Blimey that was handy! Good Stat on BT. Liverpool had more shots on goal than when they put 7 past Palace
  • Ha ha. Poetic justice, deflected into the net by Fabinho who did a cynical body check earlier.
  • That is outrageous, Wilson’s arm was tucked tight against his body and the ball rebounded against him from point blank range what was he supposed to do with his arm? disconnect it and reattach it later, if his arm was not there the ball would have squarely struck his torso, the law as it is being applied is simply wrong
  • edited April 2021

That is outrageous, Wilson’s arm was tucked tight against his body and the ball rebounded against him from point blank range what was he supposed to do with his arm? disconnect it and reattach it later, if his arm was not there the ball would have squarely struck his torso, the law as it is being applied is simply wrong

No, the law is being correctly applied.

They have removed all 'intent' in decisions where a goal results.

You could argue that the rule should be changed, to restore the referee's judgement about whether or not t is deliberate (as is in fact gong to be the case next season) but for years people have complained about the 'judgement' aspect... and called for removal of doubt. So that's what they got, and what results is the situation in this match.

Drives me absolutely crazy when pundits (not you, chicago) say that 'by the letter of the law' this or that decision is correct. The implication being that we should award things that aren't within the laws because .. well... you know.. it would be nice. AAARRRGGGHH!! Yes, that's the law! By the letter of the law the ball has to be all the way across the goal line for it to be a goal... whaddaya wanna do, award goals if it's not a goal but was a good shot? Well, Des, by the letter of the law it's not a goal, but it was only a centimeter away....
  • The rule is ridiculous, but obvs by the letter of the law it has to be disallowed.
  • My pic is working its magic already. You’re welcome.
  • They’ve got Man Utd away next week.