Other matches 23rd - 29th April, Premier League, Carabao Cup, Champions League, Europa League, etc.

Comments

• VAR was right to disallow the goal for hand ball but it should have awarded a penalty for the push by TAA immediately prior to it. I am still more angry that Wilson's late goal was not disallowed for handball/offside against us in 2017 !
  • MrsGrey said:

the law as it is being applied is simply wrong

No, the law is being correctly applied.

So we are in agreement, the law is being correctly applied but is simply wrong =) ,
  • Ironic that the player who prevented us going into 4th spot last week is the same one who has prevented the Scousers going into 4th spot this week. Take a bow Joe Willock.
  • Newcastle were never getting anything from this. They really are a bang average side. Which make our two defeats to them even more ridiculous.

Mmmmm 😂😂
  • Took longer than I though Cuz 😄
  • Just watching the last 30 minutes of the Sheff Utd/Brighton game and this epitomises what the owners of the big 6 ESL morons don’t understand and that’s what the PL means to people. Utd already relegated and fighting as if they still had a chance to survive.
  • Ironic that the player who prevented us going into 4th spot last week is the same one who has prevented the Scousers going into 4th spot this week. Take a bow Joe Willock.

You want bizarre?

He moved to Newcastle on loan, first game he was in the starting XI against Saints and scored in 16 minutes. He started the next six games but didn't score and Newcastle didn't win once.

The next game against Spurs he comes off the bench with 10 minutes left when they're 2-1 down and scores the equaliser. The next game Newcastle were 2-1 against Burnley up after an hour so he stayed on the bench but the next two games he comes on and scores against us and Liverpool.

Willock is super sub
  • The bionic Willock
  • Chelsea firmly in the driving seat now, especially after Liverpool dropping points

They still gotta play
    Fulham (H)
    Man City (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Leicester (H)
    Villa (A)

Sandwiched in-between there is the 2 ties against Madrid and the FA Cup final against Leicester

Apart from Fulham (and probably Arsenal), there is a very real chance they could lose points from their remaining 4 games

It's not over yet
  • Can we ALL agree for once that we want spurs to loose today
  • Kane 😄😄

Dias wins the ball, Kane goes down clutching his ankle where there was zero contact. Free kick given.
  • Dunno how City aren't winning

Spurs riding their luck, City missing chances
  • This game has a Spurs win written all over it.

City should be out of sight.
  • Spurs are going to win to finish off a pretty underwhelming weekend for West Ham fans
  • Oh I do like being wrong 😄
  • Aurier costs Spurs yet again
  • Spurs loose ,Spurs loose
  • Great comment from Chris Sutton:

“Spurs were spanked”

😂😂
  • More chance of Europa now, just need Arsenal to get knocked out of that competition now.
  • if Carlsberg made finals, should have had 2 yellows and been off, score the winner vs spuds, classic
  • So Kane and Son get a reminder if they want to win stuff, leave
  • Why was Son down on his knees heartbroken? he’s played for the spuds long enough to be used to disappointment by now.
  • He's probably thinking 'what am I doing here'?
  • So, watching the wba villa derby.
    Penalty given.

Expert ex ref asked for opinion... Says ' in the context of the game it's a penalty'.
    What's that about?
  • Son should be sponsored by Kleenex. When we drew with them earlier in the season, I thought he was going to burst into tears when they interviewed him after the game.
  • Why was Son down on his knees heartbroken? he’s played for the spuds long enough to be used to disappointment by now.

He is a funny one that Son. In truth it should be hard to be genuinely tearful for any top six super league club to get tearful about losing a cariboo cup final. I imagine if some of the big clubs could withdraw from it they would. City will hardly even count it when reflecting on the seasons success. Champions league is top priority, League still very meaningful, FA cup a nice success and then about ten miles behind is the cariboo cup.

To be on his knees in tears is a bit much.

• c&bsky, He was distressed as he had just realised that Spurs weren't going into the European Conference League for next season.
  • Think he was in tears because there still below us
  • I think he was crying because he realised he had wasted his day ,when he really wanted to stay in and watch the snooker
  • Even more stupid, doesn’t he know the rockets out so not worth watching 😂