Other matches 23rd - 29th April, Premier League, Carabao Cup, Champions League, Europa League, etc.

Comments

• He was crying because he realised doing two years of National service in his homeland would have been a more pleasurable experience than playing in this Spurs side
  • I don't agree with the idea that Laporte should have been sent off. If he gets a yellow for the first one there is a high chance he is more careful from then on.
  • I didn’t think the first one was a yellow anyway. Moura feels a brush of his arm and goes down. He makes no effort to grab, pull, push or impede Moura.
  • Hamstew like Dawson did last week
  • Hamstew like Dawson did last week

Lol yes. Like I say there is a chance. It's not as simple as it's two yellows. No one knows exactly how a player changes his game.

Except for Dawson. That was so obvious it was going to happen haha.
  • Wouldn't have changed the outcome. City would still have won with 10 men.
  • Watford and Norwich now both promoted

Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea and Barnsley in the playoffs
  • C'mon the Bees
  • Norwich and Watford coming up is so meh.
  • We have good records against them generally. I'm ok with them being back.
  • Canaries, Hornets and ... Bees?
  • I like Norwich, the head barman down my local is a Canary so he's in a good mood at the moment

This will be replaced with bi-polar-like mood swings depending on Norwich results once the season starts.
  • Apparently Phil Foden won his 7th major trophy with City Yesterday, at the age of 20.

Poor old Harry, most premiership goals record to come possibly, but they all came to nothing. They all led to the same as all the goals Fabianski has scored.
  • I saw that about Foden and thought it was a bit ridiculous. That's going back 4 years to when he was 16. He really hasn't contributed to 7 trophy wins.

He's a quality player, don't get me wrong, but the press are doing that typical British thing of going absolutely crazy over a young talent and losing touch with reality.
  • Watford and Norwich now both promoted

Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea and Barnsley in the playoffs

Bournemouth for me..

But Barnsley would mean the Mido Derby 🧐
  • I saw that about Foden and thought it was a bit ridiculous. That's going back 4 years to when he was 16. He really hasn't contributed to 7 trophy wins.

He's a quality player, don't get me wrong, but the press are doing that typical British thing of going absolutely crazy over a young talent and losing touch with reality.

It’s like that stat where Kingsley Coman has won a league title in every season of his career, but barely featured in some and was bit part in others.
  • Considering virtually the entire squad and staff seem to get a medal you can claim they’ve all won trophies
  • Considering virtually the entire squad and staff seem to get a medal you can claim they’ve all won trophies

I thought that on Sunday, when they showed the tray of medals, and the commentator said he hoped there would be enough!

They did though didn't they? Or did they not have training or medical back up?
    It's a team sport.
  • Just watched highlights clip of PSG v Citeh, and I'm amazed at how few yellow cards were issued, there were some pretty nasty fouls that went unpunished.
    I suppose I've gotten used to EPL refs blowing for anything and have started to accept that as the new norm.
  • I assume it is good that Man Utd are likely now to be in the Europa League final and could win opening up an extra place for next year. I guess we also want Arsenal to lose their semi final too.
  • I assume it is good that Man Utd are likely now to be in the Europa League final and could win opening up an extra place for next year. I guess we also want Arsenal to lose their semi final too.

I think if United qualify for CL through the league anyway then we don’t get an extra spot?
  • So as per my understanding(I am likely wrong)..... because City won the carabao Cup, 6th place now goes in the europa qualifying round

If whoever wins the FA Cup from chelsea/ Leicester are already in the top 4, then 6th goes to Europa and then 7th goes into the qualifying

If United win the Europa and/City win the champions league, I believe that that the top 4 still qualify, 5/6 get Europa and 7th get qualifying

If chelsea, providing they dont get top 4, win then they go in alongside the top 4 to make 5 teams total, the next highest palce gets Europa and the next get the qualifying round

And if Arsenal ALSO win, then they join Chelsea and the top 3, and then 4th and the next highest place team get Europa

Long story short, is If we get top 4, the only team that would stop us is Arsenal/Chelsea both having to win and both having to finish outside the top 4

There is no scenario we can come 5th and qualify for the champions league

But also seems like (barring Arsenal winning it) 7th would get us into the Europa (albeit by quaifying)
  • WHU, The key difference, & again I may be wrong, is 7th will probably mean The European Conference League withl trips to far off parts of Eastern Europe? I am just hoping we qualify and will then "worry"/be excited" about who we might be playing.
  • edited April 2021
    Which one are Astra Giurgiu in?
  • Think you'll find it's spelt 'Goo Goo'
  • That proper made my head spin.

• edited April 2021
    Hamstew said:

Which one are Astra Giurgiu in?

Relax

They finished 9th

We could get Steaua Bucharest instead