Other PL matches Friday 16th April - Thursday 22nd April

Everton v Spurs tonight

Everton haven't won since they beat WBA at the beginning of March and Calvert-Lewin is still out injured

A dull 0-0 draw would be acceptable

Comments

• A draw would be great for us. The loser of this could be out of the top 4 race.
  • 1-1 so far so good
  • I don't think I have ever had a season where I am looking for particular results of other matches with such interest. Certainly at the top end of the table!
  • How bad are both these sides
  • 2-2 at full time.
  • That'll do nicely
  • Is Kane injured?
  • Don't think either were in the mix but that's the final nail in the coffin

The only part they play in the top 4 is if Everton can take points off us to open it up for Chelsea or Liverpool
  • Kane goes off with an ankle issue
  • Eric Dier post match interview when asked about Kane’s injury “he doesn’t fall over easily”
  • just popped onto the spuds forum for a read before bed, the tears of salt will sustain me
  • What a lovely result that was, Kane going off a bonus. I think that has ended Spurs chances of getting 4th..... 5th or 6th maybe still on but their best chance may rest in beating City in the Caraboo, without Kane that would be very unlikely.

Everton still in with a better shout because of the game in hand but now pretty much must beat Arsenal away next Friday. If Not that's two teams out of the running for 4th.
  • Interesting stat if I heard it correctly, the last time Everton beat Spuds at home was 2012, and the manager was ..... the Moyesiah. =)
  • Not an EPL game but watching the FA Cup semi-final, I think we're going to get ripped apart next weekend if the Chavs play anything close to this. :(
  • Norwich will be back in the Prem next season, the barman down my local will be in a good mood tomorrow (free beers?)
  • Not an EPL game but watching the FA Cup semi-final, I think we're going to get ripped apart next weekend if the Chavs play anything close to this. :(

We won’t attack them in the way City did though, so will be a very very different game
  • City only really attacked them after they scored. Chelsea were on top most of the first half and were comfortable most of the game.
  • Yes. But I mean that our set up and approach will be wildly different to City’s. We will play on the back foot, they tried to play on the front. It’s a very different game.
  • Poor Scott parker have to feel for him ,Where did that 7 mins come from
  • It's a shame but will be better for us if all the relegation places were sorted by the time we play the teams involved.
  • Hamstew said:

It's a shame but will be better for us if all the relegation places were sorted by the time we play the teams involved.

Don't know about that Ham, they will have no pressure then. How many relegated teams pull off "shock" results after being relegated
  • I’d actually say not very many. They usually just go through the motions and roll over after a season of losing games and the deflating effect of relegation.
  • edited April 2021
    I see what you are saying but I don't agree. I think when a team is on the beach against a team fighting for something it usually goes for the team fighting.
    I obviously don't know the stats for this and could be completely wrong but I'd rather be playing a safe Southampton on the last game rather than one that is fighting for survival.
  • You could just look up the results and find out :-)
  • Of course, things that happened in the past might not happen in the future.
  • edited April 2021
    MrsGrey said:

You could just look up the results and find out :-)

Why would I do that when there are others more than likely doing that for me right now lol.
  • Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

Why would I do that when there are others more than likely doing that for me right now lol.
    You mean alderz, right?
  • Cos Aslef's working.
  • Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

You mean alderz, right?
    I only look up stats when I’m on the company clock
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

You mean alderz, right?
    I only look up stats when I’m on the company clock
    Cool. Find out as soon as you clock in. Want it on my desk first thing.