Other PL matches Friday 16th April - Thursday 22nd April

13»

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Lukerz, Based on what? If it is by league position surely there are six managers ahead of him in the queue?

12 defeats in 15, a 9-0 defeat this season and last season, a non-existent semi-final performance.

I think they have a purple patch of about 6 or 7 games a season but the other 30 odd they are rubbish.
    They started the season well but it looks like he’s not progressing them. He has a clear idea for how he wants to play football but clearly can’t make it work for long enough periods. I would be surprised if he starts next season.
  • Man City behind after 21 seconds
  • edited April 2021
    What!!! I've just this second turned over
  • Must have been the 22nd second. 😂
  • Saints are 9pts clear of relegation with 6 games to go, they will stick with Hasenhuttl until the end of the season and maybe longer.

Of the 12 teams that have stayed in the Premier League for the last five seasons Southampton has spent the least on transfers and has the sixth highest transfer income. When you take one from the other they have spent the least on players of any surviving Premier League club.

Since Hassenhuttl joined in Dec 2018 he's signed just five players, the most expensive was Che Adams for £15m. Saints record signing was £20m for Danny Ings. The Saints board can't expect much more on such a tight budget.

The bookies favourite to replace Hassenhuttl is Eddie Howe (just 40 minutes on the A31 so he shouldn't get homesick) with Pardew and Lampard next.
  • The bookies favourite to replace Hassenhuttl is Eddie Howe (just 40 minutes on the A31 so he shouldn't get homesick) .

No relocation expenses for them to pay either =)
  • Oh my word, I've just seen Ryan Mason on MotD. Fortunate that Spurs v Saints kicked off at 6pm as I'm not sure his Mum would allow him to stay out any later on a school night

You know they say you know you're getting old when the coppers start looking young, how old must you be when that happens with Premier League managers?
  • I thought he won the X factor in 2010....
  • Poor Liverpool. Still can’t get into the top 4.