Wolves v West Ham - Monday April 5th 20.:00

Comments

• edited April 2021
    The BBC have us playing 4-2-3-1? Surely not! A back 3, to match Wolves
  • We'll still win 2-1.

COYI
  • All this hue and cry about one player!!

You’ve got to move on - it happens to all teams - this can also be seen as an opportunity to try something different

What I am more concerned about is c&b sky failing to carry out the strict match thread rituals. Not that I’m massively superstitious, but I hope we are not punished by the footballing Gods...

I think we already are being Baracks! I feel somehow responsible for Rice's injury. What other explanation can there be? he left the England Match as man of the match all is well, suddenly with no football between then and now he is injured.
  • The BBC have us playing 4-2-3-1? Surely not! A back 3, to match Wolves

The people who post those formations haven't got a scooby when it comes to us. It'll be a back 3 with Coufal and Masuaku as wing-backs.

Nah, it won't be anything like the BBC's line up. It'll be 5-3-2, which is basically the formation we used when we offered absolutely nothing against Man U.
  • Why does Moyes drop Benrahma? Some of our more impressive away wins are when he starts (Leeds, Palace, Villa).

Nah, it won't be anything like the BBC's line up. It'll be 5-3-2, which is basically the formation we used when we offered absolutely nothing against Man U.
    But isn't it the one we had when we beat Wolves 4-0 and Leicester 3-0? Masuaku playing LWB is totally different to Johnson (young, inexperienced, on his wrong foot) playing there. It was the negative approach in terms of how to play, not the formation that was the problem there, imo.

Let's hope this is the back 5 we had early on!
  • Disagree OCS

Fornals has featured predominantly on the left as an attacking midfielder and Lingard has played as a second striker

Whereas against United we played Noble, Soucek, Rice midfield 3...all 3 are holding midfielders

Also Masuaku is much more offensive then Johnson
  • Lukerz said:

Why does Moyes drop Benrahma? Some of our more impressive away wins are when he starts (Leeds, Palace, Villa).

One reason is we've lost a spot for the attacking midfielders as we've had to change formation (I think we stayed with a back 4 if Rice was fit). Another is we're playing Noble, so he probably feels Fornals will help more defensively, and Lingard starts ahead of Benrahma any day of the week atm.

I'd have played Fornals alongside Soucek to let Bowen or Benrahma start, but Moyes was obviously going to play Noble; just hope it doesn't cost us again, as our stats when Noble starts have been very poor this season.
  • masuaku must have been great in training to start .Nice to see us holding Benrahma And Bowen back untill we are 2 down after 70 mins
  • steve said:

masuaku must have been great in training to start .Nice to see us holding Benrahma And Bowen back untill we are 2 down after 70 mins

We'll almost certainly have to sub off Noble and Masuaku anyway; can't see either lasting 90 mins, so we're really restricted as to what we can change given this starting line-up.
  • I just hope Dawson and Diop can play a back 3, as I remember it being Balbuena and Ogbonna at the start of the season when we did well.
  • Disagree OCS

Fornals has featured predominantly on the left as an attacking midfielder and Lingard has played as a second striker

Whereas against United we played Noble, Soucek, Rice midfield 3...all 3 are holding midfielders

Also Masuaku is much more offensive then Johnson

All depends on where you see them playing I guess. Our success came when we played 3-4-3. We've struggled when we've played 5-3-2. It may all be semantics, but I think Fornals will be in a central three tonight and Lingard as a second striker. Maybe we'll have the fluidity to play both as and when necessary, but I get a feeling it'll be defend deep with eight behind the ball and hope that Lingard and Antonio can do something on the break.
  • at least we have 2 impact players on the bench
  • No Got karen carney in the studio ,What on earth have i done to deserve her
  • Neville predicting a dire match, I will take 1-0 to us dire or 2-1 and we do not score another own goal
  • Do you get extra points for hitting the post.
  • Pretty incredible how many times we have hit the woodwork this season. I wonder what the record is.
  • Lingaaaaard!!!!
  • Antonio took that defender completely away.
  • Lovely little run by Antonio to make space for Lingard
  • Quality play from Coufal and Fornals to get it out from the back, too.

Declan who?

(Just kidding, Rice. I miss and love you.)
  • Great goal from start to finish.....sign him up!!
  • Lovely flick from Fornals at the start of the move too
  • This could have been 2-2 already
  • edited April 2021
    2 bookings In the first 10 minutes is a worry
  • Two centre backs booked in the first ten minutes is a little bit of a worry