West Ham V Arsenal (H) Sun 21st March

Coming away with nothing from Old Trafford leaves us needing something from this match, sadly Arsenal are playing their best football or the season at present. I think we will get a point at least as long as we go for it.

My first match thread for this the John Radford derby.

Comments

• The John Hartson Derby

Both my brothers are Arsenal fans, and I’ve been doing quite a lot of taunting and baiting this season, so it would really help me out if we won this one.
  • edited March 2021
    Alderz - how did that happen? It must have taken some kind of courage or stubbornness to resist. =)
  • edited March 2021
    Some good players have played for both clubs over the years but there is one who stands head and shoulders above all others in my view. How many posts will pass until his great name appears? We didn't get the best of him, even though he put in some great performances, but to just see him in our shirt was something special.
  • 1980 cup final derby
  • Some good players have played for both clubs over the years but there is one who stands head and shoulders above all others in my view. How many posts will pass until his great name appears? We didn't get the best of him, even though he put in some great performances, but to just see him in our shirt was something special.

Nigel Winterburn?
  • Methinks C&B sky possibly wasn’t referring to Kaba Diawara
  • Alderz - how did that happen? It must have taken some kind of courage or stubbornness to resist. =)

Dad is a Wimbledon fan, his brother is Chelsea. My dad never pressured us to support them because he liked that nobody made him support Chelsea. A boy at school when I was 5 was telling kids he would beat them up if they didn’t say they supported West Ham, so I figured I didn’t want to be beat up. Meanwhile, my cousin became an Arsenal fan because he liked Dennis Bergkamp so my brother copied him. That cousin didn’t care about football and eventually switched to Chelsea, and then to not paying any attention. Youngest brother copied middle brother because Arsenal were good, West Ham were bad, and Wimbledon didn’t exist when he started noticing sports.
  • The henri Lansbury derby
  • The David Bentley Derby
  • Dean was straight in there with Mr Liam Brady.

I though Ian Wright may be in more recent memory for some but Brady was different class. The only player I saw as good at what he could do in more recent times was Zola.

• Remember being at Brady's last game vs Wolves he stroked one into the top corner to make it 4-0 and there was a pitch invasion
  • The Freddy "broken ribs, £6m payoff" Ljungberg derby.
  • The Ian Wright derby. Loss
  • edited March 2021
    The Stewart Robson derby ....Draw
  • edited March 2021
    This has win written all over it !!!
  • The John 'where have the goals gone' Radford.
  • edited March 2021
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Cresswell
    Souček - Rice
    Benrahma - Lingard - Fornals
    Antonio
  • edited March 2021
    All looks good to me Lukerz but Moyes may want to jemmy Noble in somewhere, maybe give him a go as an extra centre half in place of Lingard this time, can't be too careful now, what with relegation looming. I am also sure there must be someone he can start instead of Benrhama yet again.
  • edited March 2021
    c&bsky, DM has actually asked me to partner Nobes in centre midfield so I can do the running for him which should be ok as I am up for retirement shortly. 😁
  • edited March 2021
    The Jeremie Aliadiere Derby.

Lukerz's line up for me. Bowen on the right, Benrahma left if Fornals doesn't make it.

Can't say I'm feeling too confident after last night's performance. Our two biggest goal threats, Antonio and Soucek, haven't been quite on it lately and we're overly reliant on set pieces at the moment. If Arsenal defend them well I can see us struggling to score.

0-2
  • No reason to expect we will lose. We have generally been good but Moyes needs to avoid overcomplicating it.
  • The Marouane Chamakh Derby
  • edited March 2021

Dean was straight in there with Mr Liam Brady.

I though Ian Wright may be in more recent memory for some but Brady was different class. The only player I saw as good at what he could do in more recent times was Zola.

Fortunate to see Brady when he was with us. Completely left footed but could hit right footed passes with it. Top players were completely deceived by him. Always looked like he had all the time in the world. A joy to watch. A bit like when you see a great magician that leaves you wondering how they did it.

• The Carl jenkinson derby
  • Matthew upson derby
  • alderz said:

The John Hartson Derby

Both my brothers are Arsenal fans, and I’ve been doing quite a lot of taunting and baiting this season, so it would really help me out if we won this one.

Ooops!😬

• Think Lingard back is huge, actually prevents Moyes from being too defensive in this one

Hoping it's just against United Moyes panics, as thean City performance was very good

Still wouldnt shock me to see a back 5 or Noble....but as long as i don't see both I wont be fuming (ok I may be pretty made if I see Noble)
  • edited March 2021
    If Lingard stays then he can play against Utd next season. I think the can’t play against parent club is a stupid rule anyway as clubs can loan out players to play against rivals but not yourselves.