West Ham V Arsenal (H) Sun 21st March

Comments

• I mean loans are generally considered much lower risks for the buying team, and less useful for the selling team....like a loan fee is never as much as a transfer fee, and you don't really loan older players unless they aren't in the first team picture and chances are you can't shift them permanently

So I personally think that the ineligibility rule is an ok rule, makes it a bit more beneficial for the selling club without REALLY affecting the buying one

I'm happy for Lingard to miss the 2 times we have played united if he gets to play the other 16 games he's available for
  • It wouldn't have helped us with Lingard, but I'd prefer the old loan rules where you couldn't loan to a club in the same league. That would also hopefully lead to less of the good youngsters going to the 'big' clubs, allowing the rest of the clubs a fairer share of the talent.
  • edited March 2021
    The Jack Wilshere derby.............oh wait, did he ever play for us? 🤕
  • The Davor Suker derby
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Cresswell
    Souček - Rice
    Benrahma - Lingard - Bowen
    Antonio
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Cresswell
    Beaubeana - Noble - Fredricks
    Rice - Soucek
    Reid (recalled from Brentford)

Can't be too careful now!

• Just take Noble out and we're in with a shout c&b.  😂
  • IronHerb said:

Just take Noble out and we're in with a shout c&b.  😂

What, and play with only 10 men ... oh, wait a minute. Nah, that's not right. =)
  • Rumours going around the Goonersphere that Bukayo Saka will be rested tonight against Olympiacos after he developed a hamstring problem against Spurs but he might not be fit for the weekend or the England squad.

Only Leno and Xhaka have had more minutes on the pitch for Arsenal this season
  • Hopefully. He’s been carrying them all season. He was rested a couple of games ago because he apparently told Arteta he was fatigued, so the rumours might be true.
  • Saka included in the England squad
  • Arthur and Yarmo playing for the U23’s tonight.
  • 70 minutes gone and it sounds like they are both still playing and doing well

Will be good to have them back, especially Masuaku, he's very important in those games against the better sides
  • Jon Moss is the referee for this one, apparently.

Great.
  • They won 3-1 and I think they both got around the 70 minute mark. That was an important win but they are still in danger of relegation this year as are the women’s team.
  • I'm glad he's ok and don't want to sound harsh but I actually dread the fact that Yarmo might get back into the first team this season.
  • thorn, The women’s team don’t appear to have had any real investment in the playing side. They let two of their better players go out on loan and only got one in to add to an already small squad. Manager went, Jack needs to get his house in order if we do manage to stay up, Aston Villa games will probably decide their fate.
  • Looks like Jack has become tired of his new toy.
  • I see Fornals is still a doubt. He is key, hope he is fit
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I right in saying that the U23 is counted as their own bubble, so you can't just call up players from that team, so anyone involved yesterday is unavailable for tomorrow

If so, won't be seeing any of Coventry, Odubeko or Alves on the bench tomorrow (all 3 were on the bench against United)..and the same goes for Masuaku or Yarmolenko

Gonna be the very thinnest bench ever, not sure we could even call on 7....

Fab
    Coufal Dawson Diop Cresswell
    Rice Noble
    Bowen Lingard Benrahma
    Antonio

Sub: Martin, Trott, Balbuena, Johnson, Noble, Lanzini.... that's 6, hopefully Fredericks is passed fit to make up the numbers
  • WHU, Have we cloned Noble?
  • Is Soucek injured or is Champo just trying to cause a collective heart attack?
  • If they train together they are one bubble.
  • Fornals missing as well ,This might not end well =)
  • Is Soucek injured or is Champo just trying to cause a collective heart attack?

Haha woops
  • 4-2-3-1 today, has to be. If Fornals can’t make it then Bowen - Benrahma - Lingard behind Antonio. If we lose, so be it. No back five & no Noble please.
  • Ex said Fornals failed late fitness test.
  • Benrahma - Lingard - Lanzini for me as the midfield trio
  • Not a lot on the bench to change things about
  • Yep. No Fornals, but Benrahma starts I think