Matches this week 1 January.

Comments

• Spurs v Leeds today.
    I hate myself for saying this, but come on you Spurs.🤭
  • Burnley v Fulham off tomorrow due to Covid; Fulham are going to start to get a bit of fixture congestion as that's the second match they've had to postpone.
  • I've not even got the stream up and Sheffield are 1-0 down to Palace.

Is there anyone who'd bet on Sheffield Utd staying up?
  • MrsGrey said:

I've not even got the stream up and Sheffield are 1-0 down to Palace.

Is there anyone who'd bet on Sheffield Utd staying up?

I have had my last few accumulators ruined because I’ve thought they might surprise us and get a win finally.
  • edited January 2021
    I've got them in a treble....... With the Loch Ness monster being found and Elvis turning up for my birthday , the latter two being more likely
  • 2-0 HT, conceding on the stroke of half time 😂🤣😂
  • edited January 2021
    I'm watching Leyton Orient v Salford City (a tenner a pop).

The Os are 1-0 up but the commentator has a slight lisp; "a low cwoss from James Bwophy" and all I can think of is "thwow him to the floor Centurwion".

Plus Os have a centre back called Dan Happe (pronounced Happy), I wish there was a crowd to sing the the Pharrel Williams song whenever he touched the ball
  • Not having that as a stunning solo goal for Eze. Was decent enough but the defending was awful.
  • Salford City's nickname are the Ammies because they were Salford Amateurs from 1963 until 1978 then just Salford and didn't add the City until 1989
  • When you are bottom of the table and still winless in January, what do you do?

Answer: Bring on a 16 year old
  • He won't be able to play in their next league game. It's a 6pm kick off and he has to be in bed before 8pm
  • He’s just come closer than anyone else for Sheff Utd to scoring!
  • On the other side of the coin ex-Hammer Jobi McAnuff celebrated his 39th birthday in November, today he started his 18th game of the season and by the end of 90 minutes he was still chasing around Brisbane Road like a spring chicken.
  • Has Haller scored more than the blunts this year?
  • When a good old one meets a good young one the elder always wins, well that’s what my late dad used to say
  • Brighton have really come on since sacking Hughton.
  • Would be quite happy seeing them relegated.
  • Hamstew said:

Not having that as a stunning solo goal for Eze. Was decent enough but the defending was awful.

That defending was worse than what I see at my Monday 5-a-side games. Good run and tidy finish, but I'd give myself a decent chance of doing that against that defending.

Such a shame to see Sheff Utd struggling so much. Oh no, that's right, it isn't.
  • edited January 2021
    I know Wolves are virtually a Portuguese team but do they have to go the whole hog and wear a replica kit like the national team....
    One step too far 🇵🇹
  • Lukerz said:

Brighton have really come on since sacking Hughton.

Drawing with Wolves is a decent result
  • Hamstew said:

Would be quite happy seeing them relegated.

I quite like Brighton. I don’t think there is anything offensive about them. I’d much rather see Sheffield United, West Brom and Burnley go down than Brighton.
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

But in general has he really improved them? And IMO Wolves are not at the level they were in the last couple of seasons
  • Graham Potter is the reason I don't like Brighton, he always comes across as being "deserving "of the win, like he doesn't understand that the team that scores the most is the team deserving of the win. Watch his interview after our game with them.
  • edited January 2021
    Bubbles, the problem is regretably they did deserve to beat us as we were rubbish for the first half, not that I am complaining we scrapped a draw. We could have won if DM had sent a proper team out from the start not that am still angry about it.
  • Always had a soft spot for Brighton .But not now with Potter there
  • edited January 2021

alderz said:

Lukerz said:

But in general has he really improved them? And IMO Wolves are not at the level they were in the last couple of seasons
    No I don’t think he’s improved them at all, they’ve stood still.

But tbh I don’t get the same vibe from Potter that others seem to get. I think he seems like a decent guy
  • BFS may have bitten off more than he can chew this time. WBA 2 down Inside 30 minutes.
  • yoyo, you may be right but lets wait until the WBA owners have backed him in the current window?
  • Snowing???!!!