Matches this week 1 January.

Comments

• What he lacked in tactical nous, he more than made up for in raw charisma.
  • Judas on Sky. Still hate him
  • edited January 2021
    Liverpool playing Fabinho and Henderson at CB. Bizarre

Liverpool's away strip is "hyper turquoise". Equally bizarre
  • edited January 2021
    "The swirling abstract pattern on the jersey is representative of the acanthus leaves that decorate the Shankly Gates"

And sublime god Sartorias has registered his displeasure after 1 minute 50 seconds
  • I'm wondering who Klopp will blame if they lose this one. The TV schedulers again?
  • Shaqiri looks like the bloke from the Go Compare adverts
  • I see the blunts have more issues https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55525813
    silly silly idiots
  • One way of getting some points
  • Oh no Liverpool lost
  • Cuz1 said:

One way of getting some points

He'll have more points on his license than they have in the Prem.
  • Carragher making Ings goal out to be the greatest ever seen. It was a decent goal but as it was against Liverpool it was obviously stupendous.
  • Day do dat dear don’t day do bless him
  • I really can't stand Carragher, makes me want to spit
  • yoyo said:

I really can't stand Carragher, makes me want to spit

Nowhere near as bad as Klopp IMO...
    Moan, Moan, Moan....
    He is such a bad loser.
    In fact anyone to win the league just to see his sourpuss face IMO and that even includes Man Utd or Spurs
  • I really liked Klopp at Dortmund, and when he first came to Liverpool, but the last probably 2 and a half years have been awful
  • yoyo said:

I'm wondering who Klopp will blame if they lose this one. The TV schedulers again?

The referee. Unbelievably he's complaining that they weren't awarded any ridiculously soft penalties in this match. I mean, how is any team supposed to win without a soft penalty or two every game? Oh wait........

He's even got the cheek to complain that Liverpool don't get given penalties that other teams would have, absolutely detest the guy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55540225
  • edited January 2021
    I always think of Dame Edna Everage when I see him, such a pity because I used to like Dame Edna!
  • So OGS doesn’t make the same complaints as Klopp, Jose or even DM?
  • All managers complain when they think they're hard done by but Klopp does it a lot more than most.

Klopp would never admit he got it wrong like Moyes did about Brighton
  • So OGS doesn’t make the same complaints as Klopp, Jose or even DM?

Ole also annoys me, because he refuses to acknowledge when they play badly or when a decision is ever favourable to them. Jose probably isn't the best comparison to make if you're trying to suggest that people shouldn't dislike Klopp, because I don't think anyone likes him either.

For me, Klopp is the most annoying at the moment because he never used to grind my gears in the way he does now. It's the contrast from what he was then to who he is now that does it for me.

I think Moyes is one of the more honest managers.
  • alderz, the problem is I don’t dislike Jose or Klopp. I agree with you about OGS, it doesn’t help he has been mentored into “the Manchester United way” by SAF!
  • I reckon there's a disease, Big Team Syndrome ,that effects there reasoning
  • yoyo, they all believe they have a god given right to win every match and the “smaller” teams are just an irritation & irrelevant. Well that is how we were discribed by a Man U podcaster the other week when discussing their goal when the ball clearly went out.
  • But I have to say the ref made some odd decisions ...
  • MrsGrey said:

But I have to say the ref made some odd decisions ...

But it's like boy who cried wolf, for me. Everytime anything happens that isn't 100% what Klopp wants he bleats about it and moans and whinges. Naturally there will be a few things that do go against your team, but because of the times he makes up and overstates tiny things it makes it very hard to side with him on anything (for me at least).
  • edited January 2021
    I thought the handball was a penalty. The defender came out using the John Terry goalkeeper block, and with the same result. The Mane incident could have gone either way I suppose.
  • yoyo said:

I reckon there's a disease, Big Team Syndrome ,that effects there reasoning

I'm not so sure, the biggest team Colin ever managed was Leeds (when they were in the Championship) but whenever it goes wrong its always someone else's fault.

• yoyo, they all believe they have a god given right to win every match and the “smaller” teams are just an irritation & irrelevant. Well that is how we were discribed by a Man U podcaster the other week when discussing their goal when the ball clearly went out.

Completely agree, and what's worse is that so many pundits help enforce that belief.

Liverpool player goes down: There's contact, he's entitled to go down

West Ham player goes down: There's not enough there for me.

Refs and pundits are fundamentally biased in favour of big, and occasionally "Flavour of the month" (eg, this season, Leeds and Villa) teams.
  • Aslef

I agree totally with this. He always dignified in his interviews, one of the few around.
  • Aslef

I agree totally with this. He always dignified in his interviews, one of the few around.

Actually alderz said that...