Matches this week 1 January.

Comments

• I wanna put the TV on just to see the snow!
  • More of a local thing for me. The amount of fans that have popped up for Brighton since they've come up is annoying.
  • edited January 2021
    Both the Arsenal goals have been good, but that second one was awesome. It was like watching Arsenal
  • edited January 2021
    Hamstew, that happened when Leicester won the Premier League. There were people in the city who didn't know where the ground was located who suddenly became total fanatics.
  • Big Sam has certainly sured up the defence
  • bet he wished he had not called them a relegation rival now
  • Some of the Arsenal players wearing long John's under their shorts
  • Has anyone read the bbc piece on arsenal going from relegation to European candidates.

In the body of the article is a table titled “European Contenders” going from 4th (Leicester) to 11th (Arsenal)

I think they must have a faulty version of excel as when the numbers were dragged and copied down, places 9 (Southampton) and 10 (West Ham) seem to have gone missing...
  • They beat West Brom and Brighton and are now world beaters.
  • Has anyone read the bbc piece on arsenal going from relegation to European candidates.

In the body of the article is a table titled “European Contenders” going from 4th (Leicester) to 11th (Arsenal)

I think they must have a faulty version of excel as when the numbers were dragged and copied down, places 9 (Southampton) and 10 (West Ham) seem to have gone missing...

I never used to subscribe to the media bias against West Ham thing, but honestly this season some of the media coverage of the team has been awful and really wound me up.
  • Just watching MOTD from last night, and why wasn't Zaha sent off for shoving Bogle in the side of the head? Zaha is honestly the most horrible player in the league, constantly diving and cheating and throwing tantrums.
  • Two words - Stuart Attwell.
  • edited January 2021
    alderz said:

Just watching MOTD from last night, and why wasn't Zaha sent off for shoving Bogle in the side of the head? Zaha is honestly the most horrible player in the league, constantly diving and cheating and throwing tantrums.

I think it’s this interpretation of the ‘clear and obvious’ rule. To me, it was clear Zaha laid his hand on the face of Bogle, which is a red card (albeit soft). That is a clear and obvious error to me. VAR will look at it and say it’s not a clear case of violent conduct, because the ref has decided to take no action and the slap is very minor.
  • VAR is only consulted for "goals; penalty decisions; direct red-card incidents; and mistaken identity". Atwell let play carry on and it didn't lead to any of the instances where VAR would have been involved so wouldn't have been consulted,

Zaha could still receive a retrospective ban if Atwell says he didn't see the incident

Atwell has never sent off a Palace player although he has booked Zaha twice, once for diving and once for unsportsmanlike behaviour - which for Zaha I think includes breathing.
  • It was a direct red card incident.
  • Just had a quick look and Josh Cullen is playing more for Anderlecht in his first season than I thought he might. I think he has started in nearly all of their last half a dozen games. They sit 4th in their league.
  • IronHerb said:

It was a direct red card incident.

The ref didn't even stop the game so it wasn't an incident at all
  • And Reece Oxford played the whole game for ausburg yesterday
  • IronHerb said:

It was a direct red card incident.

The ref didn't even stop the game so it wasn't an incident at all
    There have been other instances of players being red carded for off the ball instances by VAR. The technology isn’t there just to check over what a ref has already decided, it’s also there to look at things he may have missed.
  • Andy Carroll scored his first goal for Newcastle in years lol
  • At lest not against us
  • It was 10 years since his last Newcastle goal.
  • See Chelsea doing well. 😂
  • France forward Olivier Giroud, 34 - who has been linked with West Ham -says he would like to stay at Chelsea and win trophies. (Sky Sports)

Chelsea 0 Citeh 3 HT

You've got to laugh. 😂
  • Isn't the wooden spoon a sort of trophy ???
  • Surely lampards time is up soon.
  • Lampard has spent 200 million pounds and made them worse.
  • Ex is suggesting Lamps days may be numbered.
  • They were saying the same thing about Arteta when the Gooners were 15th, right before they won three in a row. Chelsea are 8th, as long as they are within touching distance of a European spot I think they'll stick with Little Frank

I have been wrong in the past
  • Lampard has the worst points per game ratio of any manager under Abramovich, the best being ...... Avram Grant 😂😂😂👀👀👀🤦🤦🤦