West Ham UNITED away to Boro - Sat 21st Jan - 3pm Kick off

Okay, had 24 hours to bask in the glory of a fantastic win and very good second half performance vs BFS Crystal Palace......

So which West Ham UNITED turns up this week, the rejuvenated one now shot of the bad apple?

Will Stewie Downing come back to haunt us (I doubt it) and will we start with three at the back, hold tight and then bang, bang change it up and game over?

A win could take us up to 9th if other results went our way.

No other distractions, these last 17 games are all about pushing up as far as we can, and enjoying our new home

COYI!!!

Comments

• ;ok Slizzy

Start will a back four.

Reid and an other along with Cressa and Sammy.

I'll get back to you with the rest of the team in a bit.
  • Randy
    Byram, Reid, Collins, Cresswell
    Noble, Obiang
    Feghouli, Lanzini, Antonio
    Carroll

Coyi
  • edited January 2017
    Be shocked if we don't have every user post the exact same XI on this thread.

Randolph
    Byram - Collins - Reid - Cresswell
    Feghouli - Noble - Obiang - Lanzini
    Antonio
    Carroll

0-0
  • Who knows if Byram is fit enough to start and do the full 90?

I agree it would be a shock if we didn't line up with the 4
  • Hogan?

;wink
  • Going to this and looking forward to the same starting X1. Boro don't score or concede many so a tight game in prospect but a piece of Carroll magic will do the trick.

COYI
  • Interesting to see what Slav does

First thought you'd imagine we go 4-4-2 but it'd a different game away from home and if it doesn't work then there isn't much we can change so Slaven may be willing to go with a back 3 and being on byram if the game needs changing, don't want to conceeding and early goal and give Boro confidence

Personally I hope we go 4-4-2 and go on the front foot and take the game to Boro who don't score many at home

- - - - - - - - - Randy - - - - - - - - - -
    Byram - Reid - Collins - Cresswell
    Feghouli-Obiang-Noble-Lanzini
    - - - - -Carroll - - Antonio - - - - -

Sub: Adrian Ogbonna Oxford Fernandes Quina Calleri Fletcher

2-1 us
  • As much as I like Noble his passing has to improve to stay in the team to be brutal. For every good pass, two seem to be intercepted.
  • Will Feghouli still be here by the weekend? He's still being linked with a move to Roma

As much as I like Noble his passing has to improve to stay in the team to be brutal. For every good pass, two seem to be intercepted.

Noble v Palace 55 passes, 80% accuracy (44), only three were intercepted. He's the captain, we need him on the pitch
  • Can't see Fegs going anywhere after the weekends performance. Sometimes it takes certain players a little longer to get into their groove.

Let's hope he carries on the way he is.
  • WHU-Champions...... Same team, same result. ;ok ;scarf
  • Same team as the second half of last week.
  • edited January 2017
    Insight into reasoning behind line-up and formation change v Palace. A clue as to how we'll start next game?

“It was an option for us to play with two strikers today, but because we didn’t have Nordtveit at right back we were limited in that position.

“To put Feghouli at right wing-back was a bit too long for him because he has to defend also. To be fair the only reason we didn’t put Sam Byram in from the start was because he’s only come back from a big operation recently

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/january/15-january/manager-monday#MTBkj9IWpy3diFop.99
  • Boro might have Patrick Bamford for this
  • ;lol

Tell 'em to bring their dinners.
  • Boro have the worst home scoring record, 9 goals in 10 games, although they're 7th for conceding, 10 in 10. Their three home wins were against Bournemouth, Swansea and Hull.

A draw minimum
  • Boro have the worst home scoring record, 9 goals in 10 games, although they're 7th for conceding, 10 in 10. Their three home wins were against Bournemouth, Swansea and Hull.

A draw minimum

Might as well right this one off then............................
  • And we also had 9 at home before the weekend.....we saw how that went vs palace

Don't underestimate any team at their own home ground

A draw minimum

Well that's done it then

Nailed on 3-2 home win
  • Negredo likes us
  • Yep!!!

Won't be easy but I think we can take a point from this for sure
  • Negredo likes us

He's never scored against us in the League, only in the League Cup (and that was during the great Centre Back crisis of 13/14)
  • The Centre back crisis of 13/14 ;lol

Call for Roger the Relegator ;yercoat
  • I want Ogbonna to play, and here is why:

One or two of you may know I have a #database. On that database I have a section where it shows me the top 10 appearance makers of the current players. In equal tenth is Ogbonna and Payet, and the formula shows Payet first (idk why). If Ogbonna plays, Payet gets knocked off of that list. And, really, isn't that the meaning of Christmas?
  • Along with "Roland" Rat. At least we can look back at it and laugh now
  • edited January 2017
    alderz said:

I want Ogbonna to play, and here is why:

One or two of you may know I have a #database. On that database I have a section where it shows me the top 10 appearance makers of the current players. In equal tenth is Ogbonna and Payet, and the formula shows Payet first (idk why). If Ogbonna plays, Payet gets knocked off of that list. And, really, isn't that the meaning of Christmas?

Tcha, amateurs. (rolls eyes)

Just fiddle the database so it shows what you want.

It is a strategy that has served this site well over the years. ;biggrin

• #AngryBear ;wink ;run
  • *cups ear*

I make Mrs G right Alderzzz why go to all that bother, just plug in the results you want to see

Been going on for years

;whistle

#Circle
This discussion has been closed.