West Ham UNITED away to Boro - Sat 21st Jan - 3pm Kick off

Comments

• Martin Atkinson is having a good game.

Said no one ever... ;hmm
    Apart from me, then. It won't last.
  • Almost a counter on

Great all from Feghouli Lanzini can't quite control it for Antonio who had no one near him
  • How isn't that a penno on Feghouli....
  • What a ;wahoo ;whome ;thumbsup ;phew ;nonono first half.

• How is that not a pen???????
  • Great half

Hope we stay positive after the break there is definately a chance for a 3rd goal on the break Boro leaving lots of gaps
  • You know that time when I said Martin Atkinson was having a good game ;doh
  • Can AC get a hattrick?
  • Enjoying this. A proper game.
  • Only if he gets another goal Munich. ;wink
  • Yes he can.... I suggested to Mrs Grey that she Tf him out for Costa/Kane or Ibra... Who are they!! ;whistle ;wahoo
  • Well that was fun wasn't expecting such a good game when you hear about boro and their low goals..

We look like a fluid and happy team again.
  • Terrific half.

Just a few times when we have been hesitant with a final ball, but overall a great game to watch from both sides.

Needed that 2nd, as Boro were having the better of it, and would have been the happier going in to HT, imo.
  • Traore causing so many problems Cresswell needs help he can't cope with his pace
  • Traore causing so many problems Cresswell needs help he can't cope with his pace

I'm not sure how to solve this one?
  • Champo

Tbf I think we are doubling op on Traore where possible. He's just so fast that if he gets that yard, there's not really much anyone can do.
  • Anyone think we should go to a 4-5-1 (4-3-3) for the second half? I think Antonio on the left will help Cresswell and he can still be involved in the counter attacks.
  • Exciting first half, full of incident. Andy Carroll has been everywhere, 2 good goals, excellent defending from corners... think he has cleared them all so far. Some good flick ons, and good hold up play... if only he could stay injury free, he would be a monster of a striker.

Their goal was a good cross, can't blame Byram as he had 2 players to cover, he went for the guy in the middle. If anyone is to blame it would be Reid, he went in for a challenge near halfway, ended up colliding with one of our own players (Noble I think) which left us short at the back.

We should've had 2 penalties, Nobles and the one against Feghouli I thought was a nailed on penalty.

We've been lucky to get away with only 1 yellow card, we could easily have had 3 or 4 in the book without any complaints.

More of the same in the 2nd half please gentlemen ;thumbsup
  • On the other side of it we are getting a lot of joy down their right side so carry on traore...
  • Yea I'm not criticising Cresswell but it is going to be from traore if they want to get a goal back and we need to prevent that from happening
  • Very entertaining match so far. The whole 11 are putting a good shift in. Antonio and Feghouli are causing havok to the middlesbrough backline. Carroll's been everywhere, would love to see him get the hat-trick. I would like to see Lanzini get more involved, he hasn't offered much today, but has been getting about, and produced some good set pieces.

Hard to say there was any single error for their goal. It was a good break away. Being harsh I felt Ogbonna got dragged across, he didn't look over his shoulder to see Byram had two, if instead Angelo had moved that way... However other than that I feel Ogbonna has been much better today, as I've felt he's been poor most the season: worried about Fonte perhaps?

Anyway, much of the same second half please boys!
    ;scarf
  • Champo

True, but Traore isn't much cop at covering back, so if we keep 4-4-2 we can continue to exploit their right side.

It's a gamble either way, but I think we've all seen that leaving Carrol in a 4-5-1 just results in him being isolated and far less effective.

Let's stay brave - get the third and job done.
  • Problem solved for Cresswell - now Byram needs to deal with Traore
  • Well see if Byram is up to the task

How haven't we sacred already

Lanzini misses a one on one

Noble down injured......
  • Nobes down and getting treatment
  • Nobes being subbed, knee injury.

Fernandez on.
  • Under the cosh a bit here

Would do well to ride out the next 5 mins

Whether Boro stay up or not they'll struggle to keep traore, that lad is electric
  • Under the cosh again a bit.

Need another goal.

coyi
This discussion has been closed.