Other Games 25th-27th April

A full gameweek of 10 matches to be played midweek, with a couple of big games (apart from ours) to look out for.

3 matches on Tuesday, including a real humdinger in the relegation battle with Leeds at home to Leicester. Both teams sit just above the relegation zone (by a point and goal difference respectively), and are part of a group of 5 teams that are now 4 points adrift at the bottom of the table. Probably a draw suits us best, as both teams really need to be picking up wins at this point in the season. Wolves also host Palace on Tuesday, and I think I'd like to see a Palace win (sorry Ham) which would take them to 40 points so they're more likely to be on the beach when they play us at the weekend.

Wednesday sees the game the whole nation has been anticipating as we host Liverpool, oh, and I think there's a game going on in Manchester too. Forest are at home to Brighton, who I hope aren't too deflated by losing on penalties on Sunday.

Thursday sees Everton at home to Newcastle, so let's hope the away team continue in the same vein as on Sunday and put a hatful past Pickford, whilst Bournemouth visit Soton. Can't help feeling it's a little too late for Soton now, so although I'd prefer a draw I think a home win would be next best; we're more likely to be fighting Bournemouth for places in the table come the end of the season than Soton I think.

Obviously if we could win then the results of the other games become a little less important, but hopefully most of these fixtures go our way while things are still somewhat in the balance.

Comments

• A full gameweek of 10 matches to be played midweek, with a couple of big games (apart from ours) to look out for.

3 matches on Tuesday, including a real humdinger in the relegation battle with Leeds at home to Leicester. Both teams sit just above the relegation zone (by a point and goal difference respectively), and are part of a group of 5 teams that are now 4 points adrift at the bottom of the table. Probably a draw suits us best, as both teams really need to be picking up wins at this point in the season. Wolves also host Palace on Tuesday, and I think I'd like to see a Palace win (sorry Ham) which would take them to 40 points so they're more likely to be on the beach when they play us at the weekend.

I like Leicester and I don’t care about Leeds, so away win for me.
    For wolves palace, a wolves win puts them both on 37 points. After we beat lpool on Wednesday we’re also on 37 but with better goal dif, so home win please.
  • edited April 2023
    Wolves beating Palace, Leicester beating Leeds.

Edit: Leicester goal disallowed, still 0-0
  • Now Leeds beating Leicester
  • All over at Wolves, they beat Palace 2-0.
  • Leicester equalise 1-1.
  • Bamford puts it wide from very close range, but was probably offside.
  • 1-1 FT, great result for us.
  • edited April 2023
    Leeds really need to get something from their next few games or they are in serious trouble.
  • I think they needed the full three points this evening as they have a horrendous run in. They need to hope they get to their last game needing only three points and a goal difference turnaround of five, then they have a chance.

Bournemouth
    Man City
    Newcastle
    West Ham
    Spurs

• The next games for Leeds and Leicester are huge now, Leeds are away to Bournemouth on Saturday and Leicester are at home to Everton on Monday. Everton themselves face Newcastle on Thursday which could be tough enough, before the trip to Leicester, so it's a huge match for them too; a win for Leicester could see them move 4 points above Everton.

I'm sure Everton will be targeting the Leicester game too, as their next 4 games are Newcastle(H), Leicester(A), Brighton(A) and Man City(H), a run of fixtures which, if they fail to beat Leicester, would likely see them still in the bottom 3 before their final two fixtures (against Wolves and Bournemouth).

I've love to pick up something against Liverpool tomorrow just to edge that little further from trouble, but, even now, most of the clubs below us need a big turnaround in form to get above where we are now.
  • We also have another reason to deny Liverpool the points tomorrow as we have ambition to make our way into the Europa League next season and should we do so I would much prefer Aston Villa or Spurs joining us rather than Liverpool.
  • I am hoping that Spurs implode completely and fail to qualify for anything - but that is just me 😉
  • What on earth are Brighton playing at
  • edited April 2023
    Soft penalty for Forest, justice done as it's saved.
  • City score.
  • Forest behind. Arsenal behind. So far so good.
  • Forest level on the stroke of half time.

Come on Brighton.
  • Just watching the end of the first half at the Etihad and just seen some bloke in the crowd, who I stood next to in the queue in a petrol station in Kendal about 5 hours ago hahaha
  • Blimey. City's second goal stands despite Stones looking a yard offside.

VAR shows he was on by a Ben White foot.

Arsenal imploding. Lovely to see.
  • City score a second thanks to VAR, 2-0.
  • Ack, now Forest lead.
  • The way we’ve been playing the last couple of weeks I’m not worried about anyone else tbh
  • Game over. League over?
  • Yes definitely league over
  • Another penalty to Forest, who already lead 2-1.
  • 3-1 Forest.
  • How is it we never beat Brighton yet Forest are 3-1 up against them? >:)
  • How is it we never beat Brighton yet Forest are 3-1 up against them? >:)

One of life's mysteries
  • To bad Forest won tightens it up a bit